• None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This Joint Worth It?

I Rarely Find Time For Gaming Anymore But Zelda Has My Interedt Peaked! :nerd:

If you like Zelda and other Nintendo game it's definitely worth it, but if you're looking for a traditional console experience, no. It's not going to give you ultra sharp graphics or going to be a huge third party box. Expect great exclusive 1st and third party content, a few third party offering like NB2K18, FIFA, and others... great indie games and cheap online.

From what I see on day one, for most gamers, it's prolly not a must buy. Summer or Fall is probably a better entry point.

Last edited:
I was gonna say :lol:

It is a handheld or at least that is what everyone is saying.

i said this before i got it.

but.

i played for zelda for 5 hours last night on my tv as a console and as soon as you get submersed into the game you believe it's really a console.

also in terms of being submersed in the game you look passed those cartoon anime graphics. one of my gripes was the art they used for zelda and before you know it you don't even notice and in fact find the game beautiful.

and back to the handheld aspect. i read fouseys initial post. and i think he would agree with my next statement...you feel compelled to use it as a handheld. it's really an amazing product. now i know i've only have it for 12 hours but in my opinion it does both (handheld and console) nearly flawlessly.

i'm also not one to fall for gimmicks. like i'll tell you straight up i'll probably never use the joycons separately. i'm not one for those motion control games it's just not my thing. i bought a pro controller and will go ahead and use that for my console strictly.

the only problem i have with the switch is i'm not sure a person like me will know what to do with it once i'm done with zelda. i'll honestly just play zelda again and again. it's that good.

i'll get the major games though. maybe mario kart. definitely mario. super smash 100% if/when it's released.

but games like madden or fifa and anything that's not a nintendo title i'll buy for my xbox or ps4.

if you're a fan of zelda and someone who appreciates innovative technology then i would 100% buy a switch you won't be disappointed. like i said i don't like nintendos usual gimmicks like nunchucks or motion control. but this is something they've done that's truly ahead of its time.

Last edited:
BOTW is throwback af so far. Minimal handholding 
pimp.gif

BOTW is throwback af so far. Minimal handholding :pimp:

bro the game is so good it's unreal. no handholding. no forcing the main quest. you can legit do anything you want. there's nowhere you can't go. if you have the stamina* you can climb anything you see. and there's tons of hidden things that reward you for straying off the path.

@amarano

I appreciate your insight man.

no problem it's just my honest insight.

i'm in full geek mode with this thing and more specifically zelda lol. ocarina of time, like everyone else was a staple of their childhood. me more so i feel like because i was badly hurt and was bedridden for 6 months when it came out and OOT was my best friend lol. i never thought i'd find a game that was better than that. as it's shaping up. breath of the wild (although it took almost 20 years) might finally be the game that knocks that off the #1 for me.

if you have any other questions i'll try to answer the best i can

Last edited:
:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

I'll just end up copping at Best Buy or Gamestop after work and then return the Amazon copy when it gets here, but this is annoying as hell. They shipped it yesterday using that bs USPS handoff shipping which always adds an extra day to the transit time. Don't understand why they didn't just ship it on Wednesday with the normal Prime 2-day shipping.

Last edited:
bro the game is so good it's unreal. no handholding. no forcing the main quest. you can legit do anything you want. there's nowhere you can't go. if you have the stamina* you can climb anything you see. and there's tons of hidden things that reward you for straying off the path.
I think thats what I hate, I'm aimlessly wandering around getting annoyed.

This is definitely a handheld and not a console.

When I docked it last night it looked like crap on my 4K SUHD HDR Samsung KS8000. Even when I changed the color settings from HDR to something more appropriate to the Switch, it didn't look good. The graphics just don't look as sharp and crisp as it does on the actual unit.

damn very disappointing to here I'm definitely going to wait this one out.

i don't like the button layout. in terms of the "diamond shaped" button layout.

i constantly find myself hitting the bottom button as the "ok" or "accept" button rather than it being the "cancel" or "go back" button. (meaning a should be b and vice versa)

i wish there was a way to change this.

i don't like the button layout. in terms of the "diamond shaped" button layout.

i constantly find myself hitting the bottom button as the "ok" or "accept" button rather than it being the "cancel" or "go back" button. (meaning a should be b and vice versa)

i wish there was a way to change this.
So the bottom button isn't the OK button? Wth :lol:.

I feel you. I will be paying attention and see how this plays out.

I mean - it is literally day 1 :lol:

yea I'm contemplating on this buy but I'm going to make sure it works for me this time because my wii u collecting dust. :smh:

and I enjoy playing my games on my TV which is also 4k hdr

also I just got a pro and HZD too keep me busy until the dust settles on this switch.

yea I'm contemplating on this buy but I'm going to make sure it works for me this time because my wii u collecting dust. :smh:

and I enjoy playing my games on my TV which is also 4k hdr

also I just got a pro and HZD too keep me busy until the dust settles on this switch.

I got the PRO and :x

:pimp:

Got mines last night, haven't played yet. Those complaining about BOTW frame drops. Didn't they mention in a post
I posted yesterday of a BOTW day one patch? (To fix frame
Rate isssues) was it not there?

Got mines last night, haven't played yet. Those complaining about BOTW frame drops. Didn't they mention in a post
I posted yesterday of a BOTW day one patch? (To fix frame
Rate isssues) was it not there?

I downloaded it before I started. I can't speak on imorovement though. Didn't really watch anything beforehand, so I only saw post patch.

:lol: yeah no thanks on the strategy guide, never bought one and never will, might as well watch someone play on YouTube. Zelda has never been my thing, I always try em and lose interest quickly. I'll probably just sell it and buy something else.

Back
Top Bottom