• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wii U was the only Nintendo console I skipped. No reason to buy without a marquee Mario or Zelda. Plan to eventually buy a switch.
How do you define a marquee title if Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8 and New Super Mario Bros. U weren't marquee enough for you? 

Last edited:
Wii U was the only Nintendo console I skipped. No reason to buy without a marquee Mario or Zelda. Plan to eventually buy a switch.

How do you define a marquee title if Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8 and New Super Mario Bros. U weren't marquee enough for you? 
not to me, I was looking for something to continue what was started by galaxy 1 and 2. I can see how some might have differing views, and that's fine. Neither of those games were enticing enough for me though.

I need those horns for the Champion Tunic too. He spawns in the one area with mad streams/pools/waterfalls that's always raining. I tried shooting his horns but I either missed or it's random because I only got scales :\.

Lakeside Stable by the Florian River.

here's something helpful, google maps-like for BotW: https://zeldamaps.com/?game=BotW

Ya'll hunting down dragons to upgrade your armor while I can't even find any Hearty Bass to upgrade my Zora armor :lol: :frown:
I gave up on looking for those Bass :lol:. I'm cool with having 8 defense on that armor.

When you actually do find one, take a pic of it and set it to your Shiekah Sensor. I did it last night for Fire Keese and Sunshrooms it worked well.

Korok Seed Spoiler below

Also saw on Twitter that there are 900 Korok Seeds :wow:.

Spoiler: What happens if you collect all the seeds...
you get a piece of ****

BotW has changed gaming? :lol:

I will say, it does change the landscape in which games are played. Rolling up to bike night on my Ducatti 959 and chillin with my Switch playing zelda was a dope experience :lol:
I have a triple tree mount for my switch and I taped the joycons to my handle bars.

BOTW is not the best Zelda game ever.. I'm a huge Zelda fan and I've played and finished every single console Zelda game (besides BOTW), but to say it's the best Zelda ever made is just not true.

OOT and ALTTP are my 2 favorite of the series if anyone is curious on my opinion :lol:

BOTW is not the best Zelda game ever.. I'm a huge Zelda fan and I've played and finished every single console Zelda game (besides BOTW), but to say it's the best Zelda ever made is just not true.

OOT and ALTTP are my 2 favorite of the series if anyone is curious on my opinion :lol:
Haven't even finished it, how can you make that judgement? :lol:

Haven't even finished it, how can you make that judgement? :lol:

I stand by my decision :lol: :rofl:

I feel you though.. I'll be able to better gauge where the game stands in the history of Zelda console games after I finish it once or twice. :smokin

All that being said.. BOTW is amazing and has fully exceeded my expectations :nthat:

Preference is subjective. For years lots of people have said that ALTTP is the greatest Zelda game. Personally, it's not even in my top 5.

I think OOT had the greatest final battle, and my personal favorite iteration of Ganon, but it's not my favorite Zelda game either. If it had used a few more pieces of the classic Zelda score, it would've been a closer call.

Majora's Mask is one of my absolute favorite Zelda games. I dug it for its darkness and having a much deeper story than it appeared to be on the surface. Plus it used classic Zelda themes. My favorite was the Easter egg of the original underworld music in Zora's Domain. BTW, who else remembers that the original name for the Zora race wasn't actually Zora? It was Zola. LOL. But I digress.

I also loved the melancholy feeling of Twilight Princess. Embracing a story's darker side isn't something all that common in the Zelda universe, but I welcome it in comparison to lighter entries like Wind Waker.

Then you have the timeless original, The Legend of Zelda. Debatably my favorite overall game of all time. Not only because of the game, but also the time period within which it fell in my life. Where magic still existed, and instead of novel length limited edition hardcover strategy guides and social media, we just had the elementary school playground to trade our game tips. And in doing so, build a fellowship. As I've said in previous posts, BOTW is the only game in the 30 years since The Legend of Zelda that truly once again awakened feelings from this period of my life.

It's too soon for me to say if BOTW is my favorite Zelda game. I have to play more of it. But it's definitely in my top 2 or 3 already. And IMO it's crazy for people to say it's not among both 1) the greatest Zelda games AND 2) the greatest overall games of all time.

Last edited:
Majora's Mask is one of my absolute favorite Zelda games. I dug it for its darkness and having a much deeper story than it appeared to be on the surface. Plus it used classic Zelda themes.

Majora's Mask is probably the most underrated Zelda game. It's so so good. :smokin

I think a lot of people were turned off initially by the time aspect and never went back to it.

Preference is subjective. For years lots of people have said that ALTTP is the greatest Zelda game. Personally, it's not even in my top 5.

I think OOT had the greatest final battle, and my personal favorite iteration of Ganon, but it's not my favorite Zelda game either. If it had used a few more pieces of the classic Zelda score, it would've been a closer call.

Majora's Mask is one of my absolute favorite Zelda games. I dug it for its darkness and having a much deeper story than it appeared to be on the surface. Plus it used classic Zelda themes. My favorite was the Easter egg of the original underworld music in Zora's Domain. BTW, who else remembers that the original name for the Zora race wasn't actually Zora? It was Zola. LOL. But I digress.

I also loved the melancholy feeling of Twilight Princess. Embracing a story's darker side isn't something all that common in the Zelda universe, but I welcome it in comparison to lighter entries like Wind Waker.

Then you have the timeless original, The Legend of Zelda. Debatably my favorite overall game of all time. Not only because of the game, but also the time period within which it fell in my life. Where magic still existed, and instead of novel length limited edition hardcover strategy guides and social media, we just had the elementary school playground to trade our game tips. And in doing so, build a fellowship. As I've said in previous posts, BOTW is the only game in the 30 years since The Legend of Zelda that truly once again awakened feelings from this period of my life.

It's too soon for me to say if BOTW is my favorite Zelda game. I have to play more of it. But it's definitely in my top 2 or 3 already. And IMO it's crazy for people to say it's not among both 1) the greatest Zelda games AND 2) the greatest overall games of all time.

My man's explanation :pimp:

My order of what I played is:

Link to the past 

Ocarina 

OG NES 

Breath 

Wind Waker 

Skyward Sword

Twilight princess

The only ones i hated playing were Majora and NES II, and theyre the only two I didnt complete. Never played the hand held versions

I should probably clarify, I'm not saying I'm hating on ALTTP at all. It is a magnificent game, and I've enjoyed playing through it multiple times. But when the Zelda series went to three dimensions with OOT on the N64, it kind of slightly diminished the allure of playing in a top down perspective for me, with the exception of the original game.

It's also a testament to how great every game in the Zelda series is that ALTTP isn't in my top 5. A couple Zelda games are just "very good," while the rest are great or better than great. There's never really been a bad one or an unsatisfying one on a Nintendo system.

Note that this doesn't cover the three CD-I games. LOL.

Last edited:
Many contrarians just for the sake of showing off their game history. At the end of the day it's all subjective, I just don't understand how you can play every Zelda game, play BotW and not automatically feel like BotW is the Zelda that any other Zelda game will be judged by now. The fact that this game gives you the premier Zelda experience on a console that can be played everwhere to me changes gaming. Where before I had that experience figuring out a dungeon in my dark living room, I've now been able to have that experience on my lunch break and in traffic. Maybe that speaks more so toward the Switch being portable and a good Zelda title but at the same time A Link between worlds didn't make me bring my 3DS everywhere with me....

Off day. Just me, a gram of kush and Zelda. Will probably go watch Kong later. Perfect day.

Last edited:
^^^ :smokin

Funny, A link between worlds definitely had me carrying my 3DS with me everywhere :lol:

The only Zelda I've beat is a Link to the Past. I own OoT 3D, Majora's Mask 3D, Twilight Princess HD and BotW :smh:

Appreciate seeing the Majora's Mask love in here :pimp:. It's my favorite Zelda of all time. Too early to say whether or not BOTW will overtake it, but it's already high on the list.

Last edited:
I just don't understand how you can play every Zelda game, play BotW and not automatically feel like BotW is the Zelda that any other Zelda game will be judged by now. The fact that this game gives you the premier Zelda experience on a console that can be played everwhere to me changes gaming.

I agree 100%.

Regarding BOTW, it kind of excites me and makes me cringe to ask the question, where could they possibly go from here? It's a double edged sword, no pun intended. BOTW is an experience beyond any other Zelda experience. It's going to be hard to top.

As far as changing gaming, I think that's on point too. Nintendo is probably never going to compete on raw console horsepower ever again. But it's hard to argue that anyone else can wring more performance on triple A games out of Nintendo's hardware than Nintendo. And the unique gaming experience they're providing with the Switch can't be found anywhere else. Like you said, I can now take the Zelda console experience out on my patio on warm summer nights. Or to the park while my daughter plays. Or definitely on road trips. I can't wait until my next drive to NorCal. Got my Zelda SE Switch case, car charger, and Zelda earbuds packed right now. Got I Am Setsuna, Fast RMX, and Blaster Master 0 in the clip and BOTW's in the hole. My body is ready. LOL.

Last edited:
Last Nintendo was GameCube I bought the switch because I wanted a 3ds read about the "nx" and I waited, at first I wasn't impressed when I had it in my hand but then I turned it on lol

If you want to know how many hours you played you don't have to download the parent app, click your name and it takes you to a screen shows ur activity...I got 25 hours lol

I am Setsuna is amazing :smokin :smokin

might have to grab it for the switch even though I have on ps4 already :lol:

Back
Top Bottom