• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yo I don't see how sf can be bad or good really. It's the same old game ported to another system. You're either down with it or not. Only thing new is that way of the hado thing which does look suspect :lol:

the price is where it's good or bad.. would you pay $10-20 for a game that ported over? sure. would you pay $40 for a game that ported over? probably not. the hado is not worth an extra $20

Same... I have 1 beast left and lightweight fell off :rofl:

I love this zelda so much tho.

Here's the 2 headphones i rotate between:

Astro A40
http://amzn.to/2rpd0Ft

Audio-Technica ATH-M50xWH -- i have 2 pairs. One for home, one for work :pimp:
http://amzn.to/2rH7QV7

Those Audio-Technicas look nice; I might have to grab those. Have you played BoTW on the 4K set? I was wondering how it looks on a larger high end tv.

Same... I have 1 beast left and lightweight fell off :rofl:

I love this zelda so much tho.

Here's the 2 headphones i rotate between:

Astro A40
http://amzn.to/2rpd0Ft

Audio-Technica ATH-M50xWH -- i have 2 pairs. One for home, one for work :pimp:
http://amzn.to/2rH7QV7

Those Audio-Technicas look nice; I might have to grab those. Have you played BoTW on the 4K set? I was wondering how it looks on a larger high end tv.

The AT's are studio monitor quality... you can actually hear mid-tones and the highs are so crispy. I highly recommend giving them a try.

Yeah i play my switch exclusively on the tv.

looks phenomenal. After the performance patch it runs smoother also. Still drops a lot in dense fields.

Last edited:
BOTW felt like MGSV, too much open world and a **** ton of stuff to do but not enough substance/story... It was cool just to have a decent launch title but I honestly dont think I'd ever play it again.

BOTW felt like MGSV, too much open world and a **** ton of stuff to do but not enough substance/story... It was cool just to have a decent launch title but I honestly dont think I'd ever play it again.
Same

I'll buy the DLC with the expanded story mode though

New Super Mario Bros U is worth playing too if you can get it for a good price. would never make it a "main game" but it's nice to play here and there.

Bayonetta 2 is one of the highest rated exclusives on the console. I haven't gotten around to playing it yet though.

Last edited:

Same

I'll buy the DLC with the expanded story mode though
Blasphemy :smh:

Yeah they made an outstanding sandbox that is a lot of fun to play in.

I think they accomplished the exact thing they set out to do.

I can't really knock them for not having a gripping story but i feel what you're saying.

Man folks in here were all up in arms saying it was the best Zelda game you've every played around RD :lol: :rofl:

Glad ya'll came to your senses.. but it's easily the game of the year so far to me and I highly doubt I'll change my mind

Last edited:
:lol: not saying its a bad game but it damn sure aint great. Ill put it in the "good" category.

tenor.gif

I probably won't play it all over again, but it's one of those games I'd erase from memory in a second so I could play it for the first time over and over

There isn't a lot of story in zelda tho at least the way I've been playing...I just go shrine to shrine tower to tower occasionally I'll find a npc type character that tells me something important 70 hours in...maybe I should follow roads lol

Man folks in here were all up in arms saying it was the best Zelda game you've every played around RD :lol: :rofl:

Glad ya'll came to your senses.. but it's easily the game of the year so far to me and I highly doubt I'll change my mind

I'd say its my favorite zelda.

I haven't replayed the ones from my youth to be able to say whether or not im just nostalgic about them or if they're actually better.

totally subjective though.

BOTW is visually impressive and has really good gameplay but to me it just falls short in the story/immersion category. Great games to me need all of those elements, I honestly think P.T. is a better overall game and it was a demo that took place in an L shaped hallway :lol: but thats not even a knock against Zelda, P.T. was honestly just amazing. Depending on what yall say about the DLC I may pick it back up for the low.

Last edited:
Video is so disrespectfully accurate 

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

It's also funnier with the captions on

Last edited:
Game Play > Story

I don't go into Zelda games expecting a deep story. It's literally the same story every game with slight differences. The reason why Nintendo games are so dope and continue to thrive today is becasue of the innovations in the game play elements. The scope and near flawless execution of so many new game play mechanics is what make Zelda BOTW the GOAT Zelda game to me. This game is a homage to the original Zelda games on the NES. Those games had damn near no story, but are still considered classics because it was just fun to play.

Its the little things that make this game special IMO and given the scale and scope of Zelda BOTW there is a lot that could've went wrong. The fact you can climb everything in this game alone is a huge game changer. Not to mention the armor customization, the hunting, cooking, the music, the art style, and the battle system all flowing seamlessly as you fight your way through Hyrule.

You literally discover new things the more you play even after you put in over 50+ hours into the game. I've personally played for well over 70 hours and I still haven't perfected the game. Other Zelda games were formulaic and linear to a degree and didn't allow you to set your own adventure. This game set a new standard for open world games. That is why this dethroned OOT as the GOAT Zelda game for me. What it lacked in story, this game makes up for it with everything else. It's addicting and very immersive. The world feels alive. No other Zelda game does these things better than BOTW.

In no way has this game set any standard for open world games but I see where you are coming from by comparing it to past Zelda games and what it did for the franchise. I guess I expect more as far as story in an adventure game made in this era.

In no way has this game set any standard for open world games but I see where you are coming from by comparing it to past Zelda games and what it did for the franchise. I guess I expect more as far as story in an adventure game made in this era.

The fact Zelda executes many ideas from past games damn near flawlessly is what makes it a groundbreaking game. The level of quality and attention to detail are what set the standard for games to follow.

Zelda's physics engine alone is not groundbreaking. The size, scope and cohesiveness of the world is not groundbreaking. Hunting and crafting are not revolutionary. None of these things alone make set it apart, but when you add all of these together in a cohesive game is what separates it from other games in the genre.

This is not just me saying this. It's pretty much the whole industry echoing this sentiment. Zelda BOTW is one of the greatest games ever. Does it have it's flaws sure, but the negatives are so small when compared to everything else the game gets right.

Zelda is not just a good game, its GREAT!

I don't agree at all because I dont see it doing anything new apart from it being a Zelda game but I will respect your opinion, we all see great games in different ways.

Back
Top Bottom