I
sonic adventure 2????
was trash
so was sonic adventure
nostalgia would make u think otherwise
but in hindsight so damn trash
having to play as big the cat
mean.gif
As someone who literally just played Sonic Adventure DX for GameCube, it was TRASH. Terrible game. 
I was never a huge fan of Sonic Adventure but SA2 was amazing, Id play that over Mario 64 anyday... I like Sunshine and Galaxy way more than M64, good game and revolutionary for the franchise but I was never just super into it, even when it dropped. Honestly I think M64 is my least favorite Mario game (not counting stuff like Mario is missing or Mario Paint)
Sunshine > Galaxy 1 > Galaxy 2 > M64

I'm disappointed Nintendo didn't make a major Mario game for the Wii U, but probably because the U's sales numbers weren't too great. Should've made Odyssey for the Wii U like Breath of the Wild.

As someone who literally just played Sonic Adventure DX for GameCube, it was TRASH. Terrible game. 

Sunshine > Galaxy 1 > Galaxy 2 > M64

I'm disappointed Nintendo didn't make a major Mario game for the Wii U, but probably because the U's sales numbers weren't too great. Should've made Odyssey for the Wii U like Breath of the Wild.

Mario 3D World was the Wi U's Mario Game. It was amazing. Solid gameplay and great level design. Graphics were solid as well. Low key slept on IMO.

Mario 3D World was the Wi U's Mario Game. It was amazing. Solid gameplay and great level design. Graphics were solid as well. Low key slept on IMO.
I'm wondering if I should get it because it's not like Sunshine/Galaxy with a story mode/open world. It seems too much like New Super Mario Bros. 

Last edited:
Finally got around to beating BOTW. It was my first Zelda game.

Spoilers just in case

I def over prepared for Ganon :lol: I had all my best weapons and shields saved for the final showdown. I wound up getting into the castle without having to draw a single weapon, then only needed the master sword and one shield against him.

I think without a replay, it's hard to really fathom and fully appreciate how big the game really was, and how long of a way you come from the moment you awaken in the shrine of resurrection without clothing or a weapon, a sheikah sensor for shrines, or a paraglider -- to when you make light work of Ganon. I have no plans on playing it over within the next few years to garner that appreciation though.

I loved the scaling of difficulty on the shrines. There were a few I wanted to give up on, but I was always eventually able to solve each one I came across (aside from some quest ones.) I think the game was ultimately more of a puzzle game than an action-adventure, at least the way I played it. The breaking weapons basically forced me to flee when possible rather than fight. I also didn't find out what Korok seeds did until near the end of my playthrough (-_-) which might have made me flee more than other players. I basically wound up doing mostly puzzling with shrines/divine beasts, and a few Ganon fights and "tests of strength" sprinkled in between. My encounters with enemies in the open world are among my least fond memories of my playthrough. I often got stuck having to alternate between remote bombs for kills, in order to preserve my better weapons. I definitely plan on giving some Lynels fades now though since I don't need to conserve weapons anymore.

Random side notes, my favorite approach to boss battles was increasing my speed. I also emphasized stamina over health later in the game and maxed it out. I felt like battousai out there with speed as my best defense :pimp:. I also don't know if this is common, but my armor set of choice strangely was the climbing gear. It was fully upgraded and I loved using it to get around. I barely used horses, which might not have been the best idea.

I know Link doesn't speak, but if I'm being honest, the trade off in feeling like the player is the protagonist, isn't worth the additional story, depth, and emotion that can be gained from giving the silent knight a voice. It felt like something was missing, and not just because of what I'm used to.

Last edited:
I wanna play BOTW so bad, but I'm forcing myself to hold out as long as possible. My backlog of games are pilling up.

I'm down for games on Mario Kart. Just got the Switch yesterday. Copped Zelda and Mario Kart.
West Coast 2171-2894-3617

Finally got a Switch from the Nintendo store. I didn't even think they sold them there. Who knew?

Anyway I already got BoTW and I think I'll grab MK8 next, but are there any solid games I'm missing?

Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn out this fall, NBA Playgrounds players on Switch can get it for free

Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn finally has a release window, with Saber Interactive announcing today that the game is launching this fall. Better yet, Switch owners have an opportunity to pick up a free copy if they purchase NBA Playgrounds.

Saber Interactive is putting the newly-announced offer in place as a way of showing its appreciation to the community. Anyone who buys NBA Playgrounds on Switch before the game’s online patch drops will be entitled to Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn at no extra cost. This promotion will only be available on Nintendo’s platform.

Saber CEO Matthew Karch said in a statement:

“We had every intention of launching online play for NBA Playgrounds on Nintendo Switch within days of release, but, despite our best efforts, it didn’t play out that way. We sincerely apologize for the delay and want to let everyone know the fix will be coming very soon. But words are cheap, and games are not. So we’re giving everyone that bought NBA Playgrounds on Nintendo Switch before the online play patch hits a free copy of Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn on Switch this fall to express our gratitude.”

NBA Playgrounds is starting to be updated on other platforms, which includes fifteen new players along with the ability to play as Shaq with the various teams from his career. Challenge Mode (challenge players to online matches) and a new connection manager (monitors the connection of players during ranked matches and penalizes disconnections from games that are made to avoid losing) have also been added. The entire shooting system has been updated as well with reworking timing, a meter, and clarified UI.

Going forward, Saber “will be giving players new ways to compete with online tournament functionality, and dozens of new players will be released shortly.”

Where is my free Shaq-Fu?! I can already see it has a better soundtrack and more in-depth story than BOTW. My body is ready.

Yea this game is severely underrated (by gamers, not critics)

Getting 100% completion was the most frustrating yet most rewarding gaming experience I ever had.

Finally got a Switch from the Nintendo store. I didn't even think they sold them there. Who knew?

Anyway I already got BoTW and I think I'll grab MK8 next, but are there any solid games I'm missing?

If you're into racing games aside from MK8, Fast RMX is a thrilling game. Game looks really good, especially in portable mode.

Nintendo has finally shed some light on their online services. The paid service is being delayed until 2018 and will be as follows
Free until 2018

"This paid service lets Nintendo Switch owners enjoy online multiplayer gaming as well as a dedicated smartphone app that connects to your Nintendo Switch system and helps you connect with friends for online play sessions."

"Online Play on Nintendo Switch

You’ll be able to play compatible co-op and competitive games online by signing in with your Nintendo Account. Online play will be free for Nintendo Account holders until our paid online service launches in 2018. "

"After the free-trial period, most games will require a paid online service subscription from Nintendo in order to play online.

This service is only for Nintendo Switch. It does not affect online play or features for the Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family of systems."

"Online lobby and voice chat

Our new dedicated smart device app will connect to Nintendo Switch and let you invite friends to play online, set play appointments, and chat with friends during online matches in compatible games─all from your smart device.

A free, limited version of this app will be available for download in summer 2017.

Classic Game Selection*

Subscribers will get to download a compilation of classic titles with added online play, such as Super Mario Bros. 3, Balloon Fight and Dr. Mario."

More info in the following link
http://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/

Last edited:
$20 a year..............****, I'm sold.

Granted, it's not like there are many co-op games that will utilize Nintendo's online services.  Nintendo don't do "da COD tings"

Last edited:
Kotaku spike with Nintendo and their plans on the classic games changed. If y'all remember, when they announced the online stuff, Nintendo said that monthly, one could download a classic game and keep if for a month and then have the option to buy it and of course, people were upset cause there are things like ps plus that let you download and KEEP your game.
Nintendo apparently read and heard the outcry and changed their format to more of a Netflix type of style.

Back
Top Bottom