• Poll closed .
man i hope they announce a date for smash bros wii u and 3ds on tuesday
theres talk that they both wont release on the same day
i hope they release on the same day
i dont want either to release separately
im a ha ve to buy 1 wii u version of smash
and 2 3ds versions
1 for me and 1 for my son

Haven't been keeping up with the thread so props to Nawgthyhare for dishing out all the news.

I have no doubt in my mind that Nintendo will finally say the release date for Smash Bros. on Tuesday, it would make absolutely no sense for them to make a Nintendo Direct specifically for the game and leave off a release date. That and we're already in Q2 of the year so they have to announce it.

My best bet is that it will launch in August/September since they have Kart coming out at the end of May.

Remember buy 2 get 1 free at target this week
I'm a try to see if it works for preorders later this week
I'm a also see if best buy will price match the promo

Remember buy 2 get 1 free at target this week
I'm a try to see if it works for preorders later this week
I'm a also see if best buy will price match the promo
Found this on another site if you trying to save some money.
 To maximize the savings, you have to buy 3 equally priced games yeah.

So if you wanted the best deal on 1 $60 game, and 2 $30 games you actually wanted you should buy:

Transaction 1: 1 $60 game + 2 other $60 games to later return
Transaction 2: 2 $30 games + 1 other $30 game to later return

Total spent pre-tax with original combo: $90
Total spent pre-tax with above: $80

In essence, it's a 33% discount only if you buy 3 same priced titles.
If you mix and match, it's less of a savings.

Last edited:
Nintendo Wii U 32GB with Mario U and Luigi U $300 plus $50GC Target. One of the better deals so far. Same as New Egg / Ebay deal for $260 depending on tax.

Plus possible %5 off from red card for $300 - $15 (red card) - $50GC = $235+tax.
http://m.target.com/p/nintendo-wii-...Link&afid=Slickdeals+LLC&ref=tgt_adv_xasd0002

http://slickdeals.net/f/6839120-nintendo-wii-u-32gb-with-mario-u-and-luigi-u-300-plus-50gc-target
Plus with the gift card u can take advantage of their b2g1 deal :pimp:

Plus with the gift card u can take advantage of their b2g1 deal
pimp.gif
Exactly!

Get these Nintendo products fellas Summer is around the corner
pimp.gif

Haven't been keeping up with the thread so props to Nawgthyhare for dishing out all the news.

I have no doubt in my mind that Nintendo will finally say the release date for Smash Bros. on Tuesday, it would make absolutely no sense for them to make a Nintendo Direct specifically for the game and leave off a release date. That and we're already in Q2 of the year so they have to announce it.

My best bet is that it will launch in August/September since they have Kart coming out at the end of May.
That early? I was fully prepared to wait until November.

I mean, they could launch it as their big Holiday game but then you have a huge drought from May all they way until then unless they have Bayonetta come out in the Summer.

Last edited:
I mean, they could launch it as their big Holiday game but then you have a huge drought from May all they way until then unless they have Bayonetta come out in the Summer.
unless they have something up their sleeve we dont know about.........................................
maybe a console pokemon game
remember that demo a few months ago with blaziken and that blue dog looking pokemon(cant remember his name)
maybe thats why they was so interested in being able to transport pokemon with pokemon bank
imagine uploading pokemon from the bank to the wii and fighting online or going through a new story with them on the wii u
i also wonder will we ever get another tatsunoko vs capcom game

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm guessing that we'll see what that Pokemon demo was about @ E3 and the whole Pokken Fighters trademark that they filed for.

Looks like I was wrong about them announcing a release date for Smash today, this is a translated tweet from Smash's Japan Twitter account:

“[Notice] We are currently not at a stage where we can announce a concrete release date; however, in tomorrow’s broadcast, we will be revealing a rough release window.”

Now it pretty much solidifies a Holiday release date if they don't have a set date and we're already 4 months into the year.
My big worry like I said before is the drought of games after Kart.'
They do seem to have and abundance of Indy/Eshop games coming out but that I don't think will help Nintendo.

SUPER SMASH BROS RELEASE DATE WON’T BE REVEALED DURING DIRECT, RATHER A “ROUGH RELEASE WINDOW”
APRIL 8, 2014

Super Smash Bros. has been penned for a 2014 release date for a good numbers of months now, but those who thought an official date could be on the cards in today’s Direct will just have to wait a little longer. According to a tweet from Japan’s Super Smash Bros. Twitter account, the Direct will only reveal a “rough release window” for the upcoming brawler. Many are under the impression Nintendo could be saving news of the official release date for E3 later this year. Here’s what the tweet says, translated by Siliconera.

“[Notice] We are currently not at a stage where we can announce a concrete release date; however, in tomorrow’s broadcast, we will be revealing a rough release window.”

SAKURAI SAYS SUPER SMASH BROS DIRECT WILL BE “WORTH THE WAIT”
APRIL 8, 2014

Game director Masahiro Sakurai has reminded Super Smash Bros. fans over on Miiverse that the Nintendo Direct scheduled for later today will be “worth the wait”. Another Wii U screenshot joined his announcement on the Nintendo community boards, showing Pikachu climbing over the upgraded crates and gift box found within the game.

Sakurai says there will be plenty of new information in the Direct, but as expected he doesn’t drop any hints, though says it’s definitely not to be missed. We’ll be on hand to divulge all the new and juicy information, character reveals, or mechanical changes here on MNN as soon as it airs. You can catch the live stream from 3pm PT, 6pm ET or 11pm UK time and 12am CEST on the official Smash Bros. website or on the Nintendo website.

I know Nintendo isn't a fan of it but I hope voice chat is an option.

Talking **** while playing Smash was always the best.

I know Nintendo isn't a fan of it but I hope voice chat is an option.

Talking **** while playing Smash was always the best.
especially when u make an unbelievable comeback :pimp:
while i play i throw out random "its a meeee MARIO" :lol:

Last edited:
Nawghtyhare, you gotta come through big today. I'm talking twitter-like updates. Clear your schedule and sit down at your laptop. Thanks

:smokin let's go

I've started runnin brawl matches again when any of my boys come over again to start training for this new one called...called.....

Will they release an official title name already

:smokin let's go

I've started runnin brawl matches again when any of my boys come over again to start training for this new one called...called.....

Will they release an official title name already
i hope they release a name
and at least say if both 3ds and wii u version are releasing at the same time

only thing im concerned with is that the sight might crash
will need multiple places to view the direct

I really love Smash Brothers but at this point in my life gathering the fellas to play is just not as feasible as it once was. If Nintendo can't provide adequate online I'm probably going to pass on the new Smash Brothers.

I'm under the impression that the titles for the games are what they've been using already, Smash Bros. Wii U & Smash Bros. 3DS.

And yeah, online play is gonna be a very big part of why I want these games, the 3DS one not so much since that one is for on the go.
I've said it before, if they can do a similar multiplayer like they did with Pokemon X/Y then it'll be gold.

Back
Top Bottom