• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Huh, that post that Nawghty (I think) threw up with all of those predictions was right about the news coming on the 7th.

Not thrilled that we have to wait until September for save data backup, the fact that there's no offline backup option mentioned, or that it's behind a paywall; but **** it.

So the "Virtual Console" got confirmed too as well it seems.......................

https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/nes/

Eh........it was exactly as I predicted. They basically ported over the entire NES Classic mini catalogue for the launch of the paid service (which is ironic since the NES Classic minis are suppose to be re-released this summer too).

The only interesting part is how they'll incorporate online multiplayer to those classic NES games like SMB3 and/or OG Zelda 1.

Nintendo making people pay for the online service :smh: Has always been free so it should stay that way

You gotta quit hoping that Nintendo "has to be mavericks in the video gaming industry."

Mavericks don't make money, and you need to make money to survive.............this was always going to happen eventually.

Even if the Wii-U survived AND the Switch never happened, that Nintendo Network would've eventually had a paid online service too.........that is just the trend of the gaming industry now.

At the very least, we finally got the announcements we have been waiting for with this damn online service (Cloud Saves, a Classics collection that jumpstarts the "new Virtual Console" program)

You gotta quit hoping that Nintendo "has to be mavericks in the video gaming industry."

Mavericks don't make money, and you need to make money to survive.............this was always going to happen eventually.

Even if the Wii-U survived AND the Switch never happened, that Nintendo Network would've eventually had a paid online service too.........that is just the trend of the gaming industry now.

At the very least, we finally got the announcements we have been waiting for with this damn online service (Cloud Saves, a Classics collection that jumpstarts the "new Virtual Console" program)
Well
Almost everything
I need voice chat so I can give y’all that business
When I’m working y’all in smash and mk8
And messaging
And spamming y’all with messages when I win

Well
Almost everything
I need voice chat so I can give y’all that business
When I’m working y’all in smash and mk8
And messaging
And spamming y’all with messages when I win

I read the full details on the Nintendo Online Service website............they ain't giving us voice chat on the Switch.

It is basically "voice chat on mobile app" OR "**** depending on Nintendo for an online messaging system."

There isn't even a "more info will be explain in September" about the voice chat, Nintendo literally EXPLICITLY SAYS "on the mobile app."

I'm at least hopeful that a regular update adds text messaging independent of the online subscription. Won't hold my breath though :lol: :smh:

$35 for a family plan. When they say family, does that mean individuals using the same console or can it be individuals using different consoles? I’m buying my son a Switch for his birthday so it’d be pretty dope to play some stuff online with him.

$35 for a family plan. When they say family, does that mean individuals using the same console or can it be individuals using different consoles? I’m buying my son a Switch for his birthday so it’d be pretty dope to play some stuff online with him.

Right now......there is conflicting opinions on how that might work.

Some believe it is meant for multiple accounts on the same console only, others believe it is a plan that can be shared amongst 8+ accounts regardless of the amount of consoles involved.

That is something we have to wait for further details for unfortunately.

Wait really? That's very cheap!

This is why you really need to back off the ledge whenever you ranting about Nintendo charging people for their online services...........they are essentially charging us a bargain here in comparison to the bigger time comparison (PSN Plus and XBL Gold charged both at $9.99 a year).

And if you decide to do the monthly basis thing.......$4 a month compared to PS Plus at $10 a month and XBL Gold at $20 a month

Right now......there is conflicting opinions on how that might work.

Some believe it is meant for multiple accounts on the same console only, others believe it is a plan that can be shared amongst 8+ accounts regardless of the amount of consoles involved.

That is something we have to wait for further details for unfortunately.

This is why you really need to back off the ledge whenever you ranting about Nintendo charging people for their online services...........they are essentially charging us a bargain here in comparison to the bigger time comparison (PSN Plus and XBL Gold charged both at $9.99 a year).

And if you decide to do the monthly basis thing.......$4 a month compared to PS Plus at $10 a month and XBL Gold at $20 a month
Ain’t no conflicting accounts how the family plan works
If u clicked that link
And read the faqs
They have a faq tab
It states
The family plan works for up to seven
Profiles
They can be on the same switch
Or different switches
It doesn’t matter
U have up to seven

Anyone wondering