• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Best Buy still a decent place to get games EVEN WITHOUT GCU............especially when it is a holiday sale, of course (Black Friday).

Only reason I still shop at Gamestop is 'cuz I have a Pro Rewards membership, although now I'm not sure if I'll renew for next year though seeing as Best Buy has more sales/deals on games lately.

The GameStop nearby me is very big for a GameStop. It has a bunch of geek merchandise and actual games.

The last thing I bought from a GS was some t-shirts.

Personally, I’ve never had any issues with GS

The one nearest to me is still where I buy all my games and consoles

I got cool with the manager and he always looks out for me and holds me down proper

Nintendo profit beats expectations despite soft Switch sales
July 31, 2018, 03:15:00 AM EDT By Reuters

2018-07-31T071840Z_1_JL3_RTRLXPP_2_LYNXPACKAGER.JPG.ashx

TOKYO, July 31 (Reuters) - Nintendo Co reported its first-quarter operating profit jumped 88 percent, beating market expectations despite soft sales of its Switch videogame consoles.

The Kyoto-based gaming company said its April-June operating profit rose to 30.5 billion yen, while investors on average forecast 22 billion yen, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S data.

It sold 1.88 million Switch videogame consoles in its first quarter, slightly weaker than some analysts expected. It maintained its forecast to sell 20 million consoles in the full fiscal year through next March.

https://www.nasdaq.com/article/nint...ions-despite-soft-switch-sales-20180731-00148

Last edited:
Damn I’m surprised Odyssey surpassed Breath of the Wild despite being released significantly later

Paladins is really dope y’all

I've been playing it on both PC and Switch for the last few days, and I've noticed a couple of observations.

Solo queue with randoms SUCK no matter which platform you are on, you literally have to be lucky to be paired with 4 people that actually know how to play the game to actually avoid being pubstomped (I never said "avoid losing," the keyword is "pubstomped").

On PC though, solo queue with randoms is several times more worse...............there are more "tryhard 5-man teams" in PC lobby, and if you're solo, you are immediately getting pubstomped to death.

I may have to stick to the Switch version of Paladins for now on, for the sake of my blood pressure :lol:

Possible Reasons Why A Hedge Fund Manager Is Betting $400 Million Against Nintendo

Ethan Gach
Today 1:40pm

Earlier today, Nintendo’s quarterly earnings report showed mixed signals; operating profits were up, but Switch sales and software attach rates were down. That all must have meant something to the Wall Street investor who gambled hundreds of millions on the assumption that the video game giant is about to hit a major snag in the road.

Yesterday, Bloomberg reported that Gabriel Plotkin, the head of a New York hedge fund called Melvin Capital Management, had made a $400 million bet that Nintendo’s future doesn’t look too bright. This technique is called “shorting,” and it refers to someone borrowing stock and selling it at the existing market price under the assumption that, weeks or months down the road, the stock will have fallen and then can be bought back at a much lower cost.

Nintendo’s stock has been in a rough place ever since E3, dropping 16% between the start of June and the end of the show two weeks later. Traders apparently weren’t impressed by the the fact that Fortnite had arrived on Switch and the new Super Smash Bros. would include every character in the series’ history. But a slump in share prices is far from the $400 million gamble Plotkin’s made. What does he know that we don’t, huh?

Plotkin declined to explain his theory on why he expects Nintendo to stumble in the near future, but we at Kotaku are longtime observers of the company through all its wondrous and head-scratching phases, so we have some ideas of our own:

1. Plotkin is dismayed by the news that Nintendo won’t be trying to rehash its back catalog via the virtual console on yet another of its devices, and he sees softer digital sales on the horizon if fans can’t buy Super Mario Bros. 3 for $5 one more time.
  2. He’s pissed that Mario Tennis Acesstory mode was so half-assed and sees it as a sign Nintendo is already taking its fans for granted again.
  3. Despite the company adding loot boxes to Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, Plotkin doesn’t think Nintendo’s been aggressive enough with its monetization efforts on mobile after Super Mario Run’s lackluster performance.
  4. Yoshi was MIA at E3, and we didn’t hear a peep about Metroid Prime 4 either. An overall lackluster line-up going into the end of the year means the average sale of .9 games per Switch owner for this past quarter (compared to 1.7 a year ago) could drop even further.
  5. Having watched his niece struggle to put together Nintendo Labo cardboard in any configuration even vaguely resembling a house, Plotkin had a premonition that sales of the kits would drop off fast, stagnating at around 1.39 million three months after release.
  6. Plotkin is incredibly skeptical that the company that brought us friend codes won’t somehow **** up the new online subscription service launching in Q3.
  7. Summer’s half way over and Nintendo still hasn’t announced an N64 Classic.
  8. Plotkin heard that this year’s Pokemon games, Let’s Go Eevee and Pikachu, were spin-offs and not “core” games in the series, and he doesn’t think giving Pikachu a bowl cut will be enough to make up the difference in sales potential.
  9. The hedge fund manager thinks Nintendo is overhyped right now and that double digit stock growth quarter after quarter (from $15 to $50 in just two years) has left the company overvalued and ripe for a bubble-bursting reality check. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey only get to come out once, after all.
  10. Yes, Ridley’s in Smash now. But no Waluigi? Huge mistake. You get what you get for that one, Nintendo.
https://kotaku.com/possible-reasons-why-a-hedge-fund-manager-is-betting-4-1828003051

source.gif

(Yes, I posted this up for all the Duff bois in General that lurk here)

On mk8 deluxe, is it better to drift on turns or to just let go of the acceleration? Im terrible on turns lol

Back
Top Bottom