• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gamecube would've had a chance...........if Nintendo didn't burn bridges with 3rd party developers back during the N64 era.

I mean, Nintendo will only NOW get the remaining "single-player" main line Final Fantasy games added to the Switch after Square abandoned Nintendo for Sony & Playstation years ago. Imagine the impact on Nintendo if FF7 was a N64 exclusive instead of a PS1 one.........or similarly the impact on Nintendo if Final Fantasy X would've been on the Gamecube instead of the PS2.

During the Gamecube era I was too distracted by the Gameboy Advance(s). EVERYBODY had a Gameboy SP and was playing Pokemon :lol: that's all we cared about here. I didnt get the GC until the end of its lifetime, when it was on sale at Toys R Us for like 90 bucks.

Ahh good times. Nothing was worst than falling asleep before you get to save the game ...then you wake up to a dead Gameboy with lost progress. The pain :smh:

GBA was the last time I played with a handheld.........and it was 'cuz of Pokemon Ruby.

Literally the only reason I had my OG Gameboy Color and a GBA was 'cuz of Pokemon, since I literally couldn't give a damn about the rest of the Gameboy library (the overall Gameboy/GBA libraries felt like "diet coke versions" of Nintendo's console games to me).

Then I dropped playing Pokemon games when the DS came out cuz I just couldn't deal with the new generations of the game series after Ruby/Sapphire, so I never jumped onto the DS/DSi/3DS/2DS XL handheld line.

It seems to be full circle with the Switch combining the handheld/home console game development AND mainline Pokemon now coming over to the main console Switch full-time.

Last edited:
Golden Sun was that game. I miss the innovation of games like Boktai as well. Had to play in the Sun. GBA had so many arcade fighters. Tekken Advance, Guilty Gear X, KOF, SFA3, etc. They certain don't age well, but to play those on a handheld at the time was awesome.

I really enjoyed that system.

Gamecube would've had a chance...........if Nintendo didn't burn bridges with 3rd party developers back during the N64 era.

I mean, Nintendo will only NOW get the remaining "single-player" main line Final Fantasy games added to the Switch after Square abandoned Nintendo for Sony & Playstation years ago. Imagine the impact on Nintendo if FF7 was a N64 exclusive instead of a PS1 one.........or similarly the impact on Nintendo if Final Fantasy X would've been on the Gamecube instead of the PS2.

I never even thought about that, but yeah it would've been a different world. FFX and Kingdom Hearts on GameCube would've been game changers.

Question to those who played Soul Calibur II on GC: Did you guys switch to PS/XBox/DC controls? (IE: A=Block, B=Horizontal Slash, etc) I had to when I had it on Wii.

Question to those who played Soul Calibur II on GC: Did you guys switch to PS/XBox/DC controls? (IE: A=Block, B=Horizontal Slash, etc) I had to when I had it on Wii.
Nah I kept them at the regular controls. Never even thought about switching

4E4A9EAB-E20C-4620-B2F2-996083E94D46.jpeg
9FE09CFF-3CCF-40D3-B30D-FE772E2987E0.jpeg

My small Gameboy collection. I’m trying to fill that leathery book with 32 games and that’s it.

I almost forgot all about the Micro. I had one and boy was that a waste of money, because my SP worked just fine.
Then I dropped playing Pokemon games when the DS came out cuz I just couldn't deal with the new generations of the game series after Ruby/Sapphire, so I never jumped onto the DS/DSi/3DS/2DS XL handheld line.

It seems to be full circle with the Switch combining the handheld/home console game development AND mainline Pokemon now coming over to the main console Switch full-time.

The first Pokemon game they dropped on the DS wasn't bad (Diamond and Pearl) but I after that, my love for those games died. I tried playing Sun/Moon to revisit my childhood but it didn't capture the same feeling. You gotta pet them and feed them now, and train them in specific ways. :smh: too much extra for me.

Golden Sun was that game. I miss the innovation of games like Boktai as well. Had to play in the Sun. GBA had so many arcade fighters. Tekken Advance, Guilty Gear X, KOF, SFA3, etc. They certain don't age well, but to play those on a handheld at the time was awesome.

I really enjoyed that system.

i want boktai but its up there in price, i hope to find it flea marketing one day or in a game lot. also drill dozer i think u shake it like yoshi topsy turvy.

The 64 should've useds discs instead of cartridges. That was the biggest mistake Nintendo made with the N64.
nah load times was trash on ps
and i had ps and not 64
and hated the load times
remember my first game was
street fighter: the movie :smh:
my moms played me
all the 64's was sold out that year

nah load times was trash on ps
and i had ps and not 64
and hated the load times
remember my first game was
street fighter: the movie :smh:
my moms played me
all the 64's was sold out that year

Remember when certain PS1 games required multiple discs to play (which it appears we're returning to those days with certain upcoming PS4 titles possibly having a 2nd disc to go along with it)?

All Final Fantasy games were multidisc. You would be out of luck if one disc was lost or messed up. Like I was with FF8 smh.

Crazy thing in hindsight was some Xbox 360 games were also multi disc.

omg yall. homebrew is lit. messing with the save editor for botw (already beat the game btw) and its litttt :lol:

i made all my weapons shields and bows unbreakable :lol:

bout to play it over but start with the bike this time.

Never found what so fun in cheating to beat a game. Or having unlimited health

Homeboy in ps1 let me use his gameshark and there infinite limit breaks...turned that crap off after an hour

Gameshark is the only way i beat Final Fantasy 7.

Had the quick level cheat on and was level 75 or so before i even left Midgar. Saved the game, reset and continued playing without the cheat. Allowed me to focus more on the story since i was one shotting every enemy and boss.

Gameshark for ff7?? Cmon son :lol:

Lmao. I played it before when i was real young but got lost in disc 1 somewhere. Didnt touch the game again for years then one day decided to restart it and didnt want to put in the effort. By disc 4 the game got back to normal pace.

Back
Top Bottom