• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu and Eevee sell 664,198 copies in Japan in first three days
Posted 46 minutes ago by Brian in News, Switch | 16 Comments
New-Minus.png

Thanks to Famitsu, we now have sales data for Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu and Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee in Japan. In its first three days, the two games sold 664,198 copies. This figure accounts for physical copies, download cards, Poke Ball Plus bundles, and Switch bundles. Digital sales are not included.

Pokemon: Let’s Go had the second best debut of any Switch game. It only trailed Splatoon 2, which managed to sell slightly more at 670,000 units.

Understandably, Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu / Eevee provided a huge boost to Switch sales. The console sold 180,585 units – or three times more than the previous week.

I seen this article and was surprised. I don't know why I was expecting it sell a few million in Japan. I know it's only been a few days but still was expecting more.

I seen this article and was surprised. I don't know why I was expecting it sell a few million in Japan. I know it's only been a few days but still was expecting more.

Aren't supply shortages for Switch consoles still going on in Japan? Maybe that might explain the low numbers for it (considering previous Pokemon games were backed up by the enormous number of "nintendo handheld players" in the past)

Aren't supply shortages for Switch consoles still going on in Japan? Maybe that might explain the low numbers for it (considering previous Pokemon games were backed up by the enormous number of "nintendo handheld players" in the past)
I'm not sure. Over half a mill is still pretty damn good. My local PX here had the bundles with the Poke ball and as tempting as it was, I had to pass. I keep watching streams of it and while it has some redeeming qualities, I just can't get over not being able to play with a pro controller.

I'm surprised some of the guys in this thread haven't been battling yet. I remember a few guys battling on the last few 3DS games.

How does Pokémon still have this type of novelty?? It’s ridiculous honestly. Like I can’t put LGE down. It’s something about that OG 151 that’s always gonna have a handle on my wallet automatically. Jhoto, Hoenn, Shinoh, Unova, Kalos, Alola, they don’t get that type love. They like side pieces.

....I’m flexing. I have a Pokémon game from every generation and then some. I even have Mystery Dungeon :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
I wonder who is into the new Pokemon stuff? Old heads or younger crowd? I asked my 10 year old if he wanted Let's Go because he was watching all the shows on Netflix a while back and he was like "nah, I'm over Pokemon already" :lol:

It’s def the older crowd still keeping it going. It’s like the 90’s version of Transformers but backed by a bigger machine ie Nintendo.

I wish I still had mine and my N64. I think back in like 2000 some kid broke into my house back and stole the n64, controllers, everything :smh:

I can still remember the music from OoT. :pimp:

Would be dope if Nintendo could remaster it and make it look something close to this

I didn't own a N64, but I did play OoT years later on the GameCube as part of the Collector's Edition.

You either had to register your GameCube (which I bought used) or get a subscription to Nintendo Power, which I did do.

I didn't own a N64, but I did play OoT years later on the GameCube as part of the Collector's Edition.

You either had to register your GameCube (which I bought used) or get a subscription to Nintendo Power, which I did do.

Yes it was a special that led up to Windwaker. Easily the greatest Zelda game ever before the masterpiece that is Breath of the Wild.

Back
Top Bottom