• Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Developer(s)
Publisher(s) Nintendo
Director(s) Masahiro Sakurai
Producer(s)
  • Shinya Saito
  • Masaya Kobayas

Development[edit]
Former Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata first announced that a new Super Smash Bros. game was planned for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U at E3 2011 in June 2011, but development only officially began following the completion of series creator Masahiro Sakurai's other project, Kid Icarus: Uprising, in March 2012.[38][39] The game was later revealed to be a joint-project between Bandai Namco Studios and Sora Ltd., with various staff members from Bandai Namco's Soulcalibur and Tekken series assisting Sakurai in development.[40][41][42] Other companies also assisted with its development, such as tri-Crescendo.[43] Sakurai, who was previously the sole person responsible for balance in the series' multiple fighters, has involved more staff to further improve the game's competitive balance.[44] The game was officially revealed at E3 2013 on June 11, 2013, during a Nintendo Direct.[45] Along with screenshots being posted each weekday on the game's official website and Miiverse community,[46] various cinematic trailers were released, introducing each of the brand new fighters. Sakurai chose to use these trailers, which benefit from Internet sharing, as opposed to including a story campaign similar to the Subspace Emissary mode featured in Brawl, as he believed the impact of seeing the mode's cinematic cutscenes for the first time was ruined by people uploading said scenes to video sharing websites.[47][48]

At E3 2013, Sakurai stated that the tripping mechanic introduced in Brawl had been omitted, with him also stating that the gameplay was between the fast-paced and competitive style of Melee and the slower and more casual style of Brawl.[49] While the game does not feature cross-platform play between the Wii U and 3DS, due to each version featuring certain exclusive stages and gamemodes, there is the option to transfer customized characters and items between the two versions.[50] The game builds upon the previous game's third-party involvement with the addition of third-party characters such as Capcom's Mega Man and Bandai Namco's Pac-Man, as well as the return of Sega's Sonic the Hedgehog. This involvement expands beyond playable characters, as other third-party characters, such as Ubisoft's Rayman, are also included in the game as trophies.[51] The addition of Mii characters was made in response to the growing number of requests from fans to have their dream characters included in the game. To prevent potential bullying, as well as to maintain game balance online, Mii Fighters cannot be used in online matches against strangers.[52] The decision to release the Wii U version at a later date from the 3DS version was made to allow each version to receive a dedicated debugging period.[53] Hardware limitations on the Nintendo 3DS led to various design choices, such as the removal of mid-match transformations, the lack of Circle Pad Pro support,[54] and the absence of the Ice Climbers, from the NES game Ice Climber, who were previously playable in both Melee and Brawl.[55]

In late August 2014, a series of allegedly leaked photos and videos of the 3DS version were uploaded to the Internet, revealing at the time several unannounced fighters. The original videos were removed shortly thereafter citing a copyright claim by Nintendo of America.[56][57][58] These leaks were confirmed on September 11, 2014 when various gamers in Japan and Taiwan obtained the 3DS version two days prior to its release date and streamed footage of the game on Twitch.[59]

^^ Capcom wouldn’t just give the rights to characters without being involved in some way. Many of the tiny mechanics and additions sprinkled in from Smash 4 and Ultimate are directly from Capcom fighting games.

To highlight this, this whole situation made a lot of buzz when it first happened. Marvel Contest of Champions had a move where Spider-Man blatantly does Chun-Li’s super from SFV. This is a few months before Marvel vs Capcom Infinite was to getting ready to be announced and people were still under the impression that Marvel and Capcom were no longer involved with each other. No one realized that Capcom was a silent partner for the mobile game. No one also realized why MvC infinite’s character designs were so similar to Contest of champions either

^^ Capcom wouldn’t just give the rights to characters without being involved in some way. Many of the tiny mechanics and additions sprinkled in from Smash 4 and Ultimate are directly from Capcom fighting games.

To highlight this, this whole situation made a lot of buzz when it first happened. Marvel Contest of Champions had a move where Spider-Man blatantly does Chun-Li’s super from SFV. This is a few months before Marvel vs Capcom Infinite was to getting ready to be announced and people were still under the impression that Marvel and Capcom were no longer involved with each other. No one realized that Capcom was a silent partner for the mobile game. No one also realized why MvC infinite’s character designs were so similar to Contest of champions either

show me where any article states capcom was involved
not no youtube vids

I said the same thing so I just bought the non - rumble controller from game stop for 14. I said F 70. and my sons joy cons controller is already messing up. so I need to replace that with 70 Smh
u can always find the pro controller on sale for like 50
i believe last week it was on sale for 40

i need to see an 8 player smash
with all ice climbers
will be so lit
i wonder will the framerate stay the same

As long as you don't get the big 20gb games like Skyrim, Doom, Diablo etc. I think you can fit a good amount. A lot of my games are 6gb or less. I got the 200gb card but I still kind of want to get the 400gb one

Generally how many games would this hold? Just bought a switch on bf and debating if I should go digital or physical
im all digital
i have zelda
splatoon 2
mario odyssey
sonic mania
mk8
super mario party
fortnite
and smash bros ultimate
only physical i have is pokemon lets go
and all my digital games except smash bros ultimate was able to fit
on the switch