• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Twilight Princess felt like an Ocarina of Time rehash. I loathed the wolf missions. Midna’s story wasnt what I thought it would be. Sword fighting while horseback riding was cumbersome. It was a lot of things that weren’t up to par, masked behind a really good presentation. Part of my dislike from the game comes from the fact that I LOVE Windwaker and everyone downplayed Windwaker because of its cartoon graphics and didn’t give it a chance cause they wanted the Zelda they saw for the Spaceworld 2000 demo. The hype that twilight princess got far surpassed the game itself. Now with hindsight everyone wants to be on the Windwaker train. I remember though...
still got my masterquest disc somwhere
that came with windwaker preorder

Twilight Princess felt like an Ocarina of Time rehash. I loathed the wolf missions. Midna’s story wasnt what I thought it would be. Sword fighting while horseback riding was cumbersome. It was a lot of things that weren’t up to par, masked behind a really good presentation. Part of my dislike from the game comes from the fact that I LOVE Windwaker and everyone downplayed Windwaker because of its cartoon graphics and didn’t give it a chance cause they wanted the Zelda they saw for the Spaceworld 2000 demo. The hype that twilight princess got far surpassed the game itself. Now with hindsight everyone wants to be on the Windwaker train. I remember though...
I didn’t play TP until a couple years after release so I kind of went into it without any expectations. It delivered for me although I only played through it once so I’m sure I’d realize some of the issues with another play through.

I agree with Windwaker though. Underrated as hell. I can’t wait till they drop GameCube VC or a GameCube emulator becomes viable through homebrew so I can play it again.

It should be online rite now if they're using East Coast time zone

If they go on PST (West coast time zone), it'll be live in 2 hours

Nintendo needs to drop the hammer on those YouTube and Twitch channels streaming Smash Ultimate early. What a spit in the face to Sakurai.

Its a weird idea for me to see people actually being upset with Smash spoilers. Its a fighting game wouldnt you want to know all about the characters, modes, and gameplay mechanics before you buy it?

Its a weird idea for me to see people actually being upset with Smash spoilers. Its a fighting game wouldnt you want to know all about the characters, modes, and gameplay mechanics before you buy it?
Agree with this 100%

It ain’t a book or a movie where if you know how things work, the experience is ruined

While I also think it’s foul for people to not respect the god Sakurai and his release date, I don’t nessacarily see the harm in the consumer absorbing more info especially with the amount of info they’ve already put out themselves

I think it is more of the "World of Light streaming" that is pretty foul.

There have been some "Nintendo-approved" World of Light footage out there already, but there are cats willing to stream the entire World of Light campaign for online clout.............which is why Sakurai originally didn't want to do another story mode for Smash 4 after Subspace was spoiled to death on YouTube during the Brawl era.

It's one thing to spoil a few VS. matches, spoil a few Classic mode matches, spoil a few "special Team mode" matches, but spoiling World of Light BEYOND the "approved footage" already released..........yeah, that's a pretty disrespectful to Sakurai right there since he considers those Adventure Modes "very precious" to him.

SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE INFO - WHY KIRBY WAS CHOSEN TO SURVIVE, DAY-ONE RETAIL UPDATE, AND MORE

28 November, 2018 by rawmeatcowboy | Comments: 1

Masahiro Sakurai is back with another weekly Famitsu feature, and this time around he shares some insight into a detail fans have been wondering about for a few weeks now. Want to know why Kirby ended up being the one character that survives in the World of Light mode? Learn that and more in the details below.

- Sakurai admits he’s a bit biased since he created Kirby
- fan suspicion labeling that as the reason for Kirby's survival is correct
- Sakurai also says that from a planning perspective and process of elimination, it's obvious Kirby would be the last left
- it was necessary to have whoever survived the attack to have a reasonable method of escape
- fans have noticed that “Lifelight” when read backwards is “Hoshi no Kaabi” which is similar to “Hoshi no Kirby”
- Sakurai said this is merely coincidental
- Bayonetta couldn’t escape into Purgatorio as her enemies there had also become Spirits
- Palutena couldn’t manifest any of her abilities as Hades and the other deities from Kid Icarus had become Spirits
- Bayonetta and Palutena would also be kind of difficult as first characters, as they're more complex than Kirby
- Erina Koga, singer of the main theme in Japanese, was 17 at the time of recording
- Sakurai decided on Koga at the recommendation of composer Hideki Sakamoto
- there will be an update at launch for the retail version, but digital will have this update included
- this update has something to do with protecting against replay de-syncing
- players will be able to permanently keep replays if they’re converted into a movie format, but this causes a big file size
- when starting up Spirits for the first time, you’ll receive one Advanced-class sticker

Nintendo made over 250 million in the US between Thanksgiving and Cyber Monday

Pokémon Lets Go was also the 4th best selling product on Black Friday despite not being sold at any discount

**** is bonkers

Nintendo is literally printing money. These guys know their lane and effective execute in it. They don't release consoles to "compete" hardware/power. They release when they want, how they want, and people always show up. Wii U was rough because it was basically the "Pro/X" for them, but 3DS carried them through that period.

Switch is definitely trying to do Wii Numbers at $50 more retail too. I don't see it beating it, but I could definitely see them catching the N64. I definitely expect more 3rd Party games to hop on the Switch train too. The console update next year will make things interesting if it is 4K. Only way I'll upgrade is if they make games exclusive for that, which I doubt.

Nintendo is literally printing money. These guys know their lane and effective execute in it. They don't release consoles to "compete" hardware/power. They release when they want, how they want, and people always show up. Wii U was rough because it was basically the "Pro/X" for them, but 3DS carried them through that period.

Wii U slander will not be tolerated.

Man, I haven't played video games in years but Nintendo's recent stuff has got me itching to play. Target came through with the Pro control this weekend. Picked one up in Oregon, on the way back from Cali, for $48 :smokin . Ready for Smash.

^^^
Oregon is clutch with the no sales tax. I can't imagine all the money saved by the borderline out of state people who went there for their Black Friday shopping.

Back
Top Bottom