• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Damn :lol:. Something I should know about? This seems pretty harmless, just connect your Switch's power adapter and then connect the USB to your Switch.

Something about the way the Switch handles power transfer causes it to not play nicely with most third-party docks and output devices.

A lot of people had issues around last spring/summer with a popular small Nyko dock where their systems got fried and if I'm remembering correctly, Nintendo didn't consider that as falling under the umbrella of things they were willing to cover.

The previous posts saying not to use anything not made by Nintendo is gas, but non-Nintendo docks are dangerous.

from a direct
or just a random vid they threw up???

They seemed to just throw that **** up :lol:

Nintendo actually dropped a pretty good amount of news tonight

Defintiely points to the sign of the direct not happening :smh:

Lol damn I've been sharing my cellphone and tablet charger with my switch this whole time. Probably been alright since it's not some cheap random charger with fd up voltage

Something about the way the Switch handles power transfer causes it to not play nicely with most third-party docks and output devices.

A lot of people had issues around last spring/summer with a popular small Nyko dock where their systems got fried and if I'm remembering correctly, Nintendo didn't consider that as falling under the umbrella of things they were willing to cover.

The previous posts saying not to use anything not made by Nintendo is gas, but non-Nintendo docks are dangerous.

They seemed to just throw that **** up :lol:
Yeah I was reading up on it yesterday. It seems like the only one to really have issues was the Nyko one. I think anything that is certified to follow the upgraded PD standard of USB-C is safe to use but it's definitely making me think twice. I won't be doing any real traveling until the Spring/Summer so I'll wait until then to cop anything so I can monitor if there are still any issues.

If it doesn’t have Nintendo’s seal of approval is my thing. Only items I have not from Nintendo is from PowerA, but they’re wireless so they can’t harm the console.

If it plugs in, I’m going with Nintendo

I’ve only docked my switch once, just to set it up/see how it would look on the big screen

I travel with it everywhere, thing is perfect

what are some must have games for switch? Also, if I borrow a game from a friend and then just end up buying it will my saved progress on my switch carry over from different cartridges?
Like if I was to borrow Zelda or Mario kart, return it, and then just buy my own copy

We get this question
About what games to get like twice a week or so
Go back a few pages
You’ll have ur answer

Also, if I borrow a game from a friend and then just end up buying it will my saved progress on my switch carry over from different cartridges?
Like if I was to borrow Zelda or Mario kart, return it, and then just buy my own copy

Yeah; the save data isn't kept on Switch cartridges, it's on the system.

Yeah I was reading up on it yesterday. It seems like the only one to really have issues was the Nyko one. I think anything that is certified to follow the upgraded PD standard of USB-C is safe to use but it's definitely making me think twice. I won't be doing any real traveling until the Spring/Summer so I'll wait until then to cop anything so I can monitor if there are still any issues.

Although slightly more expensive than those 3rd party docks (which I still wouldn't recommend due to the unknown of the Switch not bricking in the long-term from it), I'd probably recommend THIS as a decent option for "traveling" with your Switch instead of a (bricking-prone) 3rd party dock

http://stores.horiusa.com/multiport-usb-playstand-for-nintendo-switch/

It isn't a dock for playing on your tv, BUT at the very least...........it'll allow you to be able to use a "docked setup" of being able to use wired pro controllers/gamecube adapters with gamecube controllers for your Switch outside of the dock.

A lot SAFER than trusting a 3rd party dock that doesn't play nice with Nintendo's "power protocols" for docked gameplay

I know I’m late to the party but I just finished Mario odyssey ( no I didn’t collect all those moons) game
Was a masterpiece. Glad I got that instead of MK8 cause MK8 went on sale the next day and I got the download.

I've had my switch for about a week now. Only game I've copped is smash bros ultimate because my gamestop didn't have breath of the wild.

I love smash bros. but damn the world of light story mode is so long :lol:

I've had my switch for about a week now. Only game I've copped is smash bros ultimate because my gamestop didn't have breath of the wild.

I love smash bros. but damn the world of light story mode is so long :lol:
Join us we running matches right now

Back
Top Bottom