No post on the Nikeboot Party w/ Wale and Weezy?

Ian why does everything I have to say have to be "False"?

I got a direct email from www.ibizadc.com as well as www.dcclubhost.com and you can even check the link I put up. I even talked with the head of promotions forIbiza and everything was a go. You were incorrect about the Diddy event last time as well. You said no 18+ patrons were able to attend and my friends andmyself are definitely not 21+ and still got in...if there are some things you're not too sure on, don't just place it as "False".

Clubbing and promotions is my thing, look my group up on Facebook, and you'll see that I have tons of credentials.

Edit* I just copied and pasted that thing straight from the email so yes they made an incorrect statement about Footlocker sponsoring the event. It is infact Footaction.

I got a direct email from www.ibizadc.com as well as www.dcclubhost.com and you can even check the link I put up. I even talked with the head of promotions for Ibiza and everything was a go. You were incorrect about the Diddy event last time as well. You said no 18+ patrons were able to attend and my friends and myself are definitely not 21+ and still got in...if there are some things you're not too sure on, don't just place it as "False".

i understand all of that and im not knocking your source or the fact that you are the promo king, or prince of the city.

I know that Sean John, Bad Boy, and the Liquor sponsor that paid $$$ to Ibiza that night (which is why they owe so much $$$ to OTHER liquor brands for notfollowing the proper rules, codes, and restrictions) had a legal document, or contract that said funds will not be transfered 100% if the event was 18+.

Ibiza management took it upon themselves to go against that and risk their already in question liquor stature by the city.

Example:

Put it like this bro.

If you gave me $50,000 to allow me exclusivity for you to promote my brand, my liquor, which markets 21+, why would you make the event 18+.

I know why, because they need as much individual heads in the venue up front to cover the overall expenses.

Clubbing and promotions is my thing, look my group up on Facebook, and you'll see that I have tons of credentials.

link wit me tonight bro. i'll buy you a drink, if your 21+. if not, i'll spot you a sprite, no LOL...and we can rap.

i'll be in my silver flights.

All is good...I'll look out for you...don't know what I'll be in, but will be sure to link up.

I'm more of a Coca Cola type of guy...lol

Originally Posted by dimez81

^kiss ***...thats so lame

yeah, it is lame. i guess im just salty that Wale, a member of this forum, doesnt hook us up with tix to his freeconcert. maybe not so much at Wale, who i actually think is talented and i like his music, but even more upset with nike. i understand its a free event thata person can go to by only winning tickets, but Wale/nike could help us attend a free concert for those of us not "in the know".

This is not a WALE event.

its a NIKE event where NIKE controls everything.

If it were a WALE event im sure we ALL would be in there...

but it doesnt work that way....

Originally Posted by iCan

This is not a WALE event.

its a NIKE event where NIKE controls everything.

If it were a WALE event im sure we ALL would be in there...

but it doesnt work that way....

FACTS...

Its not even a "real" Nike event. Them bammas gave it to another firm to handle.

"Rockdeep" would be in town if it was...

laugh.gif
@ y'all e-sicin' like this is the AF1 25th Anni. event.

Proceed. Just had to clear THAT up.

yeah i guess my hate is towards nike with this event then. too bad nike can't show any love to a board that loves buying its product... side note - icanwhat happened to your devil waving avatar way back from ican2k1? ive never seen your avatar change word to method man

edit: had no clue about the not real nike event. i was under the assumption that it was 100% nike funded and backed. i guess rock would have let us know ifit really was.

Originally Posted by lavan emanuel

I'lll be in the building tomorrow.

I've done the research.

It's a nice R.I.P. trinket to honor my homey.

This year buttons...which had an awesome response by the way...

R.I.P. to DC Niketalker Wootie 2001...also friend of Wale's.
Next year..."tickets".

Hey thats whats up...he was real cool wit some of my mans

This is E's gig...

As a regular thing, just FYI... it is a Nike Sanctioned event, but if there is something OUTSIDE of Beaverton going on Nike usually has a PR firm handle allthe LOGISTICS.

This is basically how every big companies handles Satellite events. However.. events that happen IN Beaverton.. ARE off the Chain.

Do you all realize MORE Hip Hop and Entertainment Folks in General come to Portland moreso than I have seen come thru DC? Apparently there is a big fan basefor everything Popular out here.

No Really....

As for attending this event.. Toweh is in town and doin it up big probably as I speak..... but had this been a Nike event promoting anything Go - Go.. Iwouldn't be in attendance. I am an old head and I'd rather come back home and do Market Travel and get you dudes looking at New Product giving feedbackon future Nike releases.

man believe me...im trying HARD to find it on my hard drive lol....

@Kev. either way...everyone that attended is looking at this event as a NIKE event w/ Footaction.

So you can be right all day everyday, and you are (@ least on Niketalk), but the public still views it as a NIKE event.

I had a good time. Met some folk, enjoyed the set up, and loved the wale set more than the lil wayne set.

actually, when wayne pulled out the guitar and started playing that joint to leather so soft, that was a smooth moment...

anyways. brb.

Originally Posted by iCan

So you can be right all day everyday, and you are (@ least on Niketalk), but the public still views it as a NIKE event.
It's not about being "right or wrong."

It's about the facts.

It's about, again, perception v. reality.

You got an opinion, its an opinion. Post it, and people can take it or leave it.

But faking and being so pressed to be on the "scene" and stating false info to people not in the know is another, which another youngin' alreadyblasted.

Get the devil avatar back.

[Lil' Kim]

"I'm a leader... y'all on some following shhhh.
Coming in this game on some modeling shhhh."

[Quiet Storm Remix]

ok buddy. lol.

But faking and being so pressed to be on the "scene" and stating false info to people not in the know is another, which another youngin' already blasted.

so now im fake and pressed.

REJOICE! lol

Wale, great job fam.
Toweh, you musta been smoochin up with them half nakid broads in the Boots By Nike tee's hahahahaha.

Signed,

Someone who is not eyes of hazel.

lol

Party/Concert was piff
pimp.gif

I felt as if almost all of "DC Royalty" was in the building if you will...

For those that missed it, the acts went as followed:
Tabi Bonney
Gereddi
The Committee
Wale
UCB
Lil' Wayne

And Flexx and Rain were the emcees, alongside Alizay on the 1's and 2's some of the time, and J. Holiday and CCB were in attendance.

And it was all for FREE!!!

Yeah, pandamodium. Performances were good. The capacity of the crowd was not.

And fyi, d 2 the lo, Flexx was the official DJ for the night. Alizay was only for Wale's set, of course.
wink.gif
The random guy was Gereddi. He's a memberof The Committee.

Shout out to Ian, Dan, Wale, and Lavan aka my stalker in the club.

EOH, think about it...why would Diddy do an 18+ party?

I was there. I experienced the shady business with Ibiza. They have a track record of scrwing people over. Guest as well as promoters.

I know promoters that have stopped patronizing them.

I attended that Diddy event with a pass that was handed out by DTLR and Scion, and the Ibiza people at the door told EVERYONE in line that the passes werefakes. After we watched them huddle up looking at the pass. They denied the passes, and charged everybody like $20...why? THe exact reason iCan stated...tocover their overhead and possibly make some $$$.

As for the Nike Event. It's obvious Nike hiredan outside firm. That's a business standard. Contracts.

Wale did an EXCELLENT job last night. Nice transitions to lead into the next song...he speaks with clarity...he has nice stage presence, as if he were doingthis for a long tim.

Great job "ILoveHipHop43"

Lil' Wayne is always on point when he hits the stage.

Uncalled 4 was a nice addition to Wale's set.

Good to see the boardmembers too...

Good to hear everyone had a good time. Still lookin for pics. I KNOW Ian had some snaps taken..

Those are obligatory Ian (surrounded by AT LEAST 6 females) pictures waitin to be posted.

TOWEH with his Sideway smile.... and pics of the Performers..

What songs did Tabey do?

Did WAYNE AND Wale perform together.. as DCShoechick posted an order...

Did Wayne perform Duffel Bag Boy?

yo Rock,

lets jsut wait for EOH to come with the FACTS on the event last night...even in his absence lol...

Just kidding KEVIN! ahahaha

Back
Top Bottom