non smartphone users...hows life?

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

Never had a smartphone and I don't think I need one yet. I swear mad people be lying about how much they do on their phones. The only thing I think I would use is GPS, but I usually know where I'm heading anyways. Unless you are responding to mad email, you could probably get by with just a computer.

If I wanna use the internet, I have a laptop and monitor which is much easier to read,type on and navigate than an iphone or other smart phone. $30+ a month for gps and the ability to browse NT aint worth it for me. Besides, I hate people that never pull their eyes off their phones.
Not sure if serious
eyes.gif

i had a blackberry for a bit and hated it, i couldnt stand how the battery died everyday. with my old phone im still able to talk and text and thats all i need, plus i dont have to put up with annoying bbm messages.

i had a blackberry for a bit and hated it, i couldnt stand how the battery died everyday. with my old phone im still able to talk and text and thats all i need, plus i dont have to put up with annoying bbm messages.

things i rely on with my iphone:
gps
sports scores
tracking calories
tracking workouts
ipod
yelp
checking bank account
email
netflix to fill time when im waiting for an appointment
rss feed to kill time as well
setting reminders
i had that nokia that thecapt posted for a couple weeks and it was hell. had to go old school and record my workouts with a notebook while listening to gym music not that the song selection is terrible, but still.

things i rely on with my iphone:
gps
sports scores
tracking calories
tracking workouts
ipod
yelp
checking bank account
email
netflix to fill time when im waiting for an appointment
rss feed to kill time as well
setting reminders
i had that nokia that thecapt posted for a couple weeks and it was hell. had to go old school and record my workouts with a notebook while listening to gym music not that the song selection is terrible, but still.

i made the switch to a smart phone recently. big bro swapped in his droid for a new one and gave me his old one. to be honest i dont take that much advantage of it. most of my smart phone usage outside of phone calls, texts and occasionally reading the front page of the news consists of me playing games on the toilet. i'm still not extremely familiar with the phone and so i have some issues with using the GPS and taking full advantage of all the apps i have.

might have something to do with the fact that im kinda trying to distance myself from too much up to the minute info and social networking and wasting my time on the internet, etc.

the fact that im posting this means i could be doing a better job
laugh.gif

i made the switch to a smart phone recently. big bro swapped in his droid for a new one and gave me his old one. to be honest i dont take that much advantage of it. most of my smart phone usage outside of phone calls, texts and occasionally reading the front page of the news consists of me playing games on the toilet. i'm still not extremely familiar with the phone and so i have some issues with using the GPS and taking full advantage of all the apps i have.

might have something to do with the fact that im kinda trying to distance myself from too much up to the minute info and social networking and wasting my time on the internet, etc.

the fact that im posting this means i could be doing a better job
laugh.gif

I had a blackberry for about 5 years and now have an iphone 4. As far as PERSONAL use goes I have been thinking the same thing as the OP. When I was a little younger and had a better social life, I was on my BB constantly. But I have noticed since in the last year I really only use my iphone to make calls. Yes I will look up something real quick if I need it, but I really have no use for 90% of the apps. I don't text that much anymore, and I don't get any emails that are that imprtant that I need to respond or read right away. Only thing keeping me on is I pay $ 15 a month for the internet because i use wifi at the office and at home. The $15 isnt a deal breaker for me

I had a blackberry for about 5 years and now have an iphone 4. As far as PERSONAL use goes I have been thinking the same thing as the OP. When I was a little younger and had a better social life, I was on my BB constantly. But I have noticed since in the last year I really only use my iphone to make calls. Yes I will look up something real quick if I need it, but I really have no use for 90% of the apps. I don't text that much anymore, and I don't get any emails that are that imprtant that I need to respond or read right away. Only thing keeping me on is I pay $ 15 a month for the internet because i use wifi at the office and at home. The $15 isnt a deal breaker for me

Originally Posted by ninjahood

i do EVERYTHING with my phone ( nexus one user)

GPS is crucial...email, internet, datpiff mobile for mixtapes...twitter, fb, etc.

if you got a dumb phone in 2011 you're either a idiot or cheap as hell....

this is a real problem i love shiny toys as well (palm pre) but when we start passing judgement on the next man/woman over a phones its gone too far
a generic dial cell phone works just fine. you dont have to big up your phone by belittling a cheap phone 

Originally Posted by ninjahood

i do EVERYTHING with my phone ( nexus one user)

GPS is crucial...email, internet, datpiff mobile for mixtapes...twitter, fb, etc.

if you got a dumb phone in 2011 you're either a idiot or cheap as hell....

this is a real problem i love shiny toys as well (palm pre) but when we start passing judgement on the next man/woman over a phones its gone too far
a generic dial cell phone works just fine. you dont have to big up your phone by belittling a cheap phone 

Maybe it's because I don't have some business to manage or just not old enough but I'm fine with waiting til I get home to use the internet. I don't need to be connected that much

Maybe it's because I don't have some business to manage or just not old enough but I'm fine with waiting til I get home to use the internet. I don't need to be connected that much

Broke my Blackberry about 4 months ago.

Things I miss:
Google anything on the spot.
Texting with the quickness

Things I don't miss:
Battery Not-Life
Mobile Facebook

Broke my Blackberry about 4 months ago.

Things I miss:
Google anything on the spot.
Texting with the quickness

Things I don't miss:
Battery Not-Life
Mobile Facebook

I've had an iPhone 3GS for just over a year now.. and before that it was a couple of Blackberry Curves for a few years. I like the idea of going back to a simple phone but I just don't know if I could manage. I miss the keyboard of the curve, hell I miss the keyboard from a regular number keypad, I can't stand typing on the iPhone, gave up with their autocorrect a while ago.

I use the iPhone for MUSIC, internet, e-mail, weather, alarms, camera, video, scores, couple of games, maps, music ID, notes, and calculator. I do say that if I knew anything about phones (which I don't) I'd love to find a more blackberry like (with a keyboard) phone that can do all the things an iPhone can do.

The thought of going to something simple sounds so good but the thought of having a phone in one pocket and an iPod in the other is so.. middle school
laugh.gif
.. not to mention the other things that are more of just comforts but sometimes come through in the clutch (maps and internet).

I've had an iPhone 3GS for just over a year now.. and before that it was a couple of Blackberry Curves for a few years. I like the idea of going back to a simple phone but I just don't know if I could manage. I miss the keyboard of the curve, hell I miss the keyboard from a regular number keypad, I can't stand typing on the iPhone, gave up with their autocorrect a while ago.

I use the iPhone for MUSIC, internet, e-mail, weather, alarms, camera, video, scores, couple of games, maps, music ID, notes, and calculator. I do say that if I knew anything about phones (which I don't) I'd love to find a more blackberry like (with a keyboard) phone that can do all the things an iPhone can do.

The thought of going to something simple sounds so good but the thought of having a phone in one pocket and an iPod in the other is so.. middle school
laugh.gif
.. not to mention the other things that are more of just comforts but sometimes come through in the clutch (maps and internet).

Back
Top Bottom