NOPE - New Horror by Jordan Peele - 07/22/22

They was winston duke played the dad was need
Remember how Adelaide dad didnt listen to the mom. Same thing gabe did. Even with all the danger both said they got it and clearly didnt. She even said you dont make the decisions any more.

Seems like a reach but something i noticed

I wanna pick the brains of those who think Jason was switched, because that theory has too many holes.

-If Jason is a clone, why can he speak ?

- He's a horror movie character. There's always a social awkward nerdy kid, who comes off as weird. (Same with the sister. The bratty teen always on her phone) It's just a movie stereotype.

- Adelaide (the OG clone) shows sympathy for Pluto and Umbrae when they die. Which further tells us that Pluto is the clone....not Jason.

Saw the movie and kinda feel like it should have maybe been a book first than a movie jus for more development...didn’t like the movie very much but did like the fact that each character had paired off into their own scences..The paired scences could have gone into so much more detail and really took off into something crazy imo...I’m also in a space where i shouldn’t have to bring my secrets decoder pin to figure out the movie...plenty of black movies back in the early 00s 90s 80s got the message across without the extra...but if this is how he wants his art to be view and discussed then ok...it’s his canvass at the end of the day...

Although not to this extent I'd say the possibility does loom that there are discreet government and military facilities underground. I seriously doubt this nation would restrict all of its abilities to engineer underground to public transit, mining, commercial buildings and so forth.

What exactly is done down there is another discussion but dwellings like that certainly have to exist and maybe even in more abundance than is to be assumed.

The under ground area in the movie felt more like a projects or college dorm full of junkies than an underground bunker.
The escalator was really the only thing to note she was going down, but artistically, the place where the tethers we're reminded me of new jack city.
I wanna pick the brains of those who think Jason was switched, because that theory has too many holes.

- He's a horror movie character. There's always a social awkward nerdy kid, who comes off as weird. (Same with the sister. The bratty teen always on her phone) It's just a movie stereotype.

- Adelaide (the OG clone) shows sympathy for Pluto and Umbrae when they die. Which further tells us that Pluto is the clone....not Jason.

Jason can speak but was in the process of learning. He couldn't snap his fingers and had recently to the family started saying off the wall stuff and acting weird since Grandma died.

But for me, the picture he drew of the man on the beach he drew from the perspective of looking over his own shoulder. Same way she was in the house of mirrors before the girl turned around. She saw the picture and asked him about it.

Was watching Karcenos review on YouTube and he was trying to say that the scientists from the Get Out movie are apart of the same organization as the scientists from the Us movie. They abandoned the two body, one soul project in US and replaced it with one body and two souls method in Get Out.
Might be a Randy Moss reach, but it did sound good.

Was watching Karcenos review on YouTube and he was trying to say that the scientists from the Get Out movie are apart of the same organization as the scientists from the Us movie. They abandoned the two body, one soul project in US and replaced it with one body and two souls method in Get Out.

If JP was to keep all his movies in the same universe, on some Quentin Taratino ****, that would be dope!

Saw the movie last night. Horror flicks aren't usually my thing but I really enjoyed US. I thought the movie was pretty straight forward can't think of any loose ends. Looking back the twist was telegraphed more and more the movie went on but I'm not bothered by that. From wanting to avoid the beach to I believe red saying "my shadow meet her prince charming", to that sound she made when killing the twin clone to how she acted watching the clone kids of her kids die to how she sounded flipping out when she killed red. I was shocked the person I saw it with didn't see that twist coming by then lol I still really like the twist though. Made reds actions and character all the more interesting. The class overtones were pretty clear to me and If I was to put on my trying too hard to be too woke hat :smile:lol:smile: the twist kinda sends the message that despite class lines never think you can't be touched or having someone take it from you cause people can underprivileged people can only take but so much before they lash out. Also, another trying too hard to be woke message Adelaide forgot where she came from (literally). She broke through those lines by taking it by force and now she fighting against clones trying to do the same thing she did and that's taking it by force. Could say she made it and wanted to pull the ladder up behind her.

Adelaide and Red are such interesting characters especially red. Red ultimately wanted to steal back the life she had stolen from her and wanted to make adeliade suffer through it the same way she mad her suffer. Wanted to chain her down and just make her watch her world be taken away just like the clone Adelaide did to the real adeliade (red) when she fridt kidnapped and chained her to the bed underground and she had to be forced to watch her world taken away

Last edited:

Is crazy because now I understand why Adelaide was sympathetic towards the clone kids and specially with Pluto as he was tethered into the fire pit...those are her actual kids..

One of my work homies brought up the fact that the mad scientist father in Get Out was apart of an order or this twisted fraternity of other scientists dealing in inhumane practices. It was mentioned when the grandfather was speaking to Chris while he was strapped in the chair.

My co-worker went on to mention that there could possibly be a tie-in somewhere down the road in the Peele series of horror-suspense between those conducting the experiments in Us and "the order" in Get Out. Sounds like a reach but fairly plausible considering there does seem to be a theme here with Peele and his fixation on the adverse effect of inhumane sciences.

Jason can speak but was in the process of learning. He couldn't snap his fingers and had recently to the family started saying off the wall stuff and acting weird since Grandma died.

But for me, the picture he drew of the man on the beach he drew from the perspective of looking over his own shoulder. Same way she was in the house of mirrors before the girl turned around. She saw the picture and asked him about it.

Still holes with this. Again, he's a horror movie trope. It wasn't that he couldn't snap, she was just teaching him rhythm...because he's an awkward, nerdy kid. Which explains him being weird. What off the wall commentary did he have that suggested he was a clone ? Didn't say anything different that kids his age say.

Adelaide saw the picture and freaked out about it, because that's just something any parent would do. Your child is drawing something sinister looking. Which is also another popular horror movie trope. (It also added to her anxiety/guilt because she knows Red is coming).

The third person view doesn't strongly support this either. Could've just been the way he wanted to draw it.

Any movie that can spark such a discussion and have us asking questions is a hit.

LOL. This actually takes me back to when M. Night movies were the wave. His movies used to spark so much narrative discussion on these NT streets. I was open to it as well because it was much more inviting that the discussions that were overrun with snobs on the Reddit and IMDB forums of the same topic. M. Night will still drop a banger every now and again.

Hopefully Peele can keep the momentum going. He actually has that appeal now. It's if you see a suspense thriller that he has written, directed and/or produced you almost feel compelled to give it a look.

Is crazy because now I understand why Adelaide was sympathetic towards the clone kids and specially with Pluto as he was tethered into the fire pit...those are her actual kids..

Exactly. This point throws away the Jason is tethered theory.

Idk why people are choosing to ignore this in favor of....he's tethered because he's awkward, like that's not how kids are in real life :lol:

I’m 50/50 on the Jason got switched by his clone too theory. Like that scene where she shows sympathy to him biting himself alive could be either fear for what she deep down sees as another clone like she is dying or her actual son that got swapped dying

That and ifrc Pluto was snapping perfectly on beat in front of the car he set on fire and the tethered shouldn’t be able to do that cause all their mannarisms are just a little off

How was those her actual kids when she swapped out as a child??

Jason switch theory sorta ruins the ending reveal imo
IF that theory is true I just interpret the end different. She didn’t realize that her own kid was swapped with a clone just like how she swapped herself with the real Adelaide (red) which adds some layers to that so maybe he was looking like that cause he didn’t know if she would be mad she realized his secret and swapped her actual son like how she swapped the actual Adelaide. I dunno it’s an interesting theory that does add some extra interpretations to Adelaides interactions with Jason in the movie and the end but that’s a big IF that theory is true. I’m not fully on board

Back
Top Bottom