NOPE - New Horror by Jordan Peele - 07/22/22

IF that theory is true I just interpret the end different. She didn’t realize that her own kid was swapped with a clone just like how she swapped herself with the real Adelaide (red) which adds some layers to that so maybe he was looking like that cause he didn’t know if she would be mad she realized his secret and swapped her actual son like how she swapped the actual Adelaide. I dunno it’s an interesting theory that does add some extra interpretations to Adelaides interactions with Jason in the movie and the end but that’s a big IF that theory is true. I’m not fully on board

She did realize something was up with the kid at the end when they were in the car and she made the little smirk

She did realize something was up with the kid at the end when they were in the car and she made the little smirk
I figured that smirk meant like “oh you know my secret and I’m the actual clone Adelaide huh” cause he did come to that realization

Or IF the Jason swap theory is legit it could mean “Oh you know my secret AND I just realized yours too”

And she realized something to as well

Nope again. The smirk was the same smirk she gave at the therapist. It was the reveal(if you hadn't figured out by then), that Adelaide was actually the clone.

I figured that smirk meant like “oh you know my secret and I’m the actual clone Adelaide huh” cause he did come to that realization

Or IF the Jason swap theory is legit it could mean “Oh you know my secret AND I just realized yours too”

I think it's the first one. I just don't think that Jason being swapped isn't out of the question as well.

random thought.... but now that the leader of the clones are dead... do they just stand there and hold hands forever?. did they have a plan B for when/if she died?.. when do they stop holding hands? why did most of those lazy clones go hold hands instead of helping the rest of their kind? Was those clones in the helicopters towards the ending? Dang they got air support too? *passes blunt*

At the theater right now.

Mark my words, this'll be known as People's masterpiece in 5 years.
20190325_141711.jpg

I think the smirk is a smirk that she fully got away with the switch.

There are many hints that Jason could have been switched but I don't think Jason would have copied the tethered version above ground.

Clones were in the helicopter?? I didn’t even see that..
I doubt it... I was just making fun of the fact that the helicopters were flying over the clones without blowing them up. Would have been a nice touch if the clones did carry on like everything was normal (driving/walking/playing etc in their red jumpsuits)

Bro you really hyped yourself. Relax my brethren. I'm 34, homeowner 2 kids multiple etc etc... I still went and saw it. no biggie bro.

I was talking about why i can't spend an entire day at the movies watching multiple films. And sorry if I sound like I was bragging maybe it's just because I am married to a woman that doesn't appreciate none of it. Sorry to go off like that

Just saw it. Loved it. The more I think about it, the more I loved it

Just getting to this thread now. What’s this Jason switch I’m hearing? How can they have switched when clone Jason had a burned face

Ya got me legit questioning ya intelligence right now, how could Jason possibly be swapped at any point when the clones face was half burnt!??? Lmao

Obviously referring to being switched before the motions of the film was set in place. :lol:

Last edited:
I’m 50/50 on the Jason got switched by his clone too theory. Like that scene where she shows sympathy to him biting himself alive could be either fear for what she deep down sees as another clone like she is dying or her actual son that got swapped dying

That and ifrc Pluto was snapping perfectly on beat in front of the car he set on fire and the tethered shouldn’t be able to do that cause all their mannarisms are just a little off
but if the person he was tethered to was off beat, would that make him on beat?

Thinkers. :rofl:
I liked Get Out because at least the actors reacted logically to the events unfolding. Here it is like a Goosebumps episode.
They could of went more into the back story during the middle of the film because by the time they went into it I was already done with this movie.
They had a good soundtrack and homages to classic movies of this type. But this is getting a lot of hype.

Obviously referring to being switched before the motions of the film was set in place. :lol:
Well then obviously there is no way to know

If he was switched before the movie even took place. It explains nothing on his story

Charlamagne the God said it perfectly: "Get Out is Good Kid Maad City, and Us is To Pimp a Butterfly". A lot of people are divided on this movie. Get Out and GKMC are easy to enjoy on the surface where as the the follow ups have a lot to break down and digest.

And to tie Us to TPAB, recall the 2Pac interview on Mortal Man:

"The ground is gonna open up and swallow the evil.. the ground is the symbol for poor people. The poor people are gonna open up the ground and swallow the rich people".

There is a giant hole in the Jason switch theory.
It makes no sense. All based off of the kid acting weird or interpreting a look. Every version has him being switched at a different time and none explain the burn scars being so old or why that Jason couldn't speak.

Back
Top Bottom