NOPE - New Horror by Jordan Peele - 07/22/22

I don’t know what to make of it tbh. I think it needed more time in the writing room. It feels more like the start of something interesting but it needed to be worked on a bit more. The creature itself was interesting but there wasn’t much to go on. Then the whole part about Gordy was shown but no real relevance to the movie besides the spectacle aspect of it. Us was better imo. I think this movie would work better as an episode in a sci-fi anthology series. It had a strong Monster-of-the-Week vibe to it.

the NOPE part of the studio tour was alright, its just cool to see the actual set right after seeing the film

i think they could have done more but they also do not want to spoil the movie so maybe they’ll add some more things later?

just a nice addition to the tour, really not worth going to the park just for it unless you got an AP

2747A989-1144-4B0E-8B02-B46536971787.jpeg

Is it a drive thru? Looks like you’re on a carrier cart. Or, you’re allowed to get off and look around?

if the kill parts were more gruesome then I’d like this much more. I picked up on all of the symbolism/undertones etc but if the straight forward presentation lacks then I can’t get with it.

Movie's getting spanked on social media. It really that bad?

I remember being real strong on the M. Night wave. Then it just got to the point where things just started getting far too quirky. (The Happening, Lady in the Water, etc.) I think Peele is walking that line.

Last edited:
I remember being real strong on the M. Night wave. Then it just got to the point where things just started getting far too quirky. (The Happening, Lady in the Water, etc.) I think Peele is walking that line.
Not even close my boy

Just got back I liked it
If I were in their shoes
I probably would have got taken away

I’m hearing the Chimpanzee scene was gory as heck….

I’ve always feared animals like chimps, baboons and hippos

Explain please

Just saying that although I'm sure that scene would horrify some people, there was nothing really scary about it. It was rather disturbing to watch a bloodied chimp go ballistic and violently attack people who were concerned for it and defenseless against it at the same time. It even nawed on one of the child actor's faces while they were unconscious.

Especially knowing this is something that could happen and has actually happened before. That being a chimp attacking it's owner. That lady was mauled beyond recognition and actually told her story on Oprah back in the day.

It's just something about seeing an animal that is typically viewed in a positive light having an instinctive nature being put on display so graphically. Due to the shock value, it was one of, if not the best scene in the movie.

Last edited:
the NOPE part of the studio tour was alright, its just cool to see the actual set right after seeing the film

i think they could have done more but they also do not want to spoil the movie so maybe they’ll add some more things later?

just a nice addition to the tour, really not worth going to the park just for it unless you got an AP

2747A989-1144-4B0E-8B02-B46536971787.jpeg

Would be doper if it was the house and they had sprinklers above it that rained blood.

Movie was just aight to me.

The stable scene had me squirming for a minute tho :wow:....then 😒

Been seeing folks reference Spielberg influence in this film. Was at Target earlier when somebody walked past me in a Jaws shirt and maybe I'm overthinking but...

attachment-nope-posters.jpeg

Reminds me of...

Jaws-movie-poster.jpg

It’s crazy ol boy worked at Fry’s they must have filmed this while they were going out of business

They had huge retail space man and just like in the film it’s not that many people there during their last years in business

Back
Top Bottom