NOPE - New Horror by Jordan Peele - 07/22/22

Seraphim angels from the Old Testament

Seraphim-giclee_2048x.jpg

Haven't seen it yet but damn people act like everything he makes is going to have to be an excellent horror film with a social message or they don't want it :lol:

I guess I’m the only one that liked US :lol:

But yeah, the Angel theme makes alot of sense, and gives me a better appreciation for the movie. Just think the execution could’ve been a lot better, if they were going for that. Especially the Aestehtic of it.

I enjoyed all of his movies so far.

The angel makes it that much better for me. Especially when you read up on how angels use trumpets along with the sounds they used in the movie.

Haven't seen it yet but damn people act like everything he makes is going to have to be an excellent horror film with a social message or they don't want it :lol:
I throughly enjoyed the first two offerings. This one had me looking forward to the second half of the film and it just fell flat to me. I enjoyed the slow burn of the first half of the film.

It wasn’t AMAZING but it wasn’t bad either. Keke Palmer’s character came in charming af at first but immediately dashed it all away by the end of the spiel. Htf you just casually ask someone about an OBVIOUSLY traumatic experience? Michael Wincott’s voice is hard af. Kinda seems like that was the only reason why he was there. I GUESS there can be something said about the similarities of him and the motorcycle guy? I liked OJ and you can’t be mad at Angel. :lol: It was a different, but not necessarily better take on a UFO movie that just-so-happen to be a Jordan Peele and just-so-happen to star black actors. Something he said he wanted to do.

What was up with the chimp and the shoe thing? The Akira nod. :pimp:

6/10 Third best Jordan Peele movie.

Holy ****, I wanted to love it and kept waiting for some redeeming factor … but it was so, so bad

Far cry from his other films, sadly

I really want to see this again. Might not run to theatre for the encore, but as soon as this drops on a streaming app I'm in.

I was all over the place when I first watched. Didn't quite know what to expect. But having read reviews and in-depth interpretations, I'll have better perspective the second go-around.

Mannnnnnnnnnnnn this joint was high quality mid.

Just like US, there's an intriguing plot point and some cool themes at play...but the way it all comes together, coupled w/ the unexplained weirdness (which feels purely cosmetic at times)...just leaves a lot to be desired at the end. Whoever said son is inching closer to M. Night was on point.

Watched it since it’s on Peacock. I really enjoyed it. Was real cool to me. I kept wondering why he was saying it wasn’t a ship. Must of got a better view then we did.

Back
Top Bottom