Norcal's GRUB Thread

Just had True Burger in Oakland for the first time - it was Amazing.  Only open for dinner on Thurs and Friday I think but certainly worth checking out.   Simple food but really well done.  And the milkshakes are great too. 

im lookin for a spot in San Jose that'll give me a beast grub for under $10 preferably for lunch or dinner, any suggestions? 

Originally Posted by kapstone

Just had True Burger in Oakland for the first time - it was Amazing.  Only open for dinner on Thurs and Friday I think but certainly worth checking out.   Simple food but really well done.  And the milkshakes are great too. 

My friend was telling me about true burger the other week. Is it really the truth?  I gotta try it one time.

Yes - the best burger I've had in awhile.  Everything I had was great - next time I'm going to try the chili cheese fries but I was not feeling that aggro last night.

Just moved to Oakland, what other spots should I check out? 

derrty6232 wrote:

My friend was telling me about true burger the other week. Is it really the truth?  I gotta try it one time.

I'll have to check that place out.
If any one else is ever around emeryville looking for a good burger joint try this place

http://www.rudyscantfailcafe.com/dinner.shtml

I'm originally from arkansas, but I lived in the bay, and I have to say most of the stuff I ate out there is pretty good, but your BBQ sucks! BBQ here and BBQ out there is two completely different things...

Originally Posted by LB510

What BBQ spots have you been to?

I dont want to say that ALL of the spots were bad but I went all around the bay though. but one of the worst spots by far that I went to was in oakland. I cant remember the name but they claimed to have the best BBQ in the bay but needless to say they failed big time...their ribs tasted like they was oven roasted or something, and they put this crappy sauce on it that was like some weak vinegar with crushed up peppers in it.
sick.gif

what's the point of spamming a sneaker event that's happening in texas.....in the NORTHERN CALIFORNIA forum....in other business's threads and in the FOOD thread no less.

c'mon son.

Been working in Uptown area of Oakland  the past 4-months.

Lunch Spots:
The Lunch Box - Awesome fresh hot sandwiches - BBQ Brisket, Roasted Turkey, Meatloaf - All Excellent!

Aroma Cafe  -  Give there Gyro wrap a try

Bakesale Betty - Fried Chicken Sandwich

1/4lb Burger Stand - ask em for extra crispy fries and the burgers are tasty

True Burger - 1/4lb hot dog with Bacon & Slaw

Belly Roll Bens - Mesquite Chicken, Belly Roll Burger

IB's - petty good cheese steaks

Uncle Dougies - Chicken Parmesan sandwich or Italian Meatloaf sandwich

Originally Posted by Fmr12B

Been working in Uptown area of Oakland  the past 4-months.

Lunch Spots:
The Lunch Box - Awesome fresh hot sandwiches - BBQ Brisket, Roasted Turkey, Meatloaf - All Excellent!
I came here to post this...The sandwhiches here are great, but nothing compares to their customer service. I came in one day, told the lady my name, and 3 weeks later she still remembered. CRAZY.

Originally Posted by jae oh en

what's the point of spamming a sneaker event that's happening in texas.....in the NORTHERN CALIFORNIA forum....in other business's threads and in the FOOD thread no less.

c'mon son.

He just convinced me...Texas 8/14 it is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Just bought flight tix and hotel, I'm pumppppppppppppppppped.

Just moved here for a good while. Anyone know of a good fried chicken spot in the city? Soul food as well. I just moved here from North Carolina I need some country food asap
laugh.gif

a really good bbq spot is texas smokehouse in east san jose the best bbq I've eaten.
pimp.gif

best wing spot has got to smoke eaters, 7 levels of spicyness in the sause. They also have sandwiches, frys, and a bunch of other stuff. Used to be called university chicken incase the place sounded familiar. One in downtown san jose and another by santa clara university. Give it a 10

I went to Darby Dan's for the first time yesterday I must say I was extremely disappointed. People here and people on yelp really hyped.

Yo word on the street Wing Stop just open at Westlake, bopper central
sick.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by ClassicJumpMan23

Yo word on the street Wing Stop just open at Westlake, bopper central
sick.gif
tired.gif
Yup, word is correct. I should try it once, never had.

I'm too lazy to go thru all 27 pages, so help me out please.

Ima be hitting up SF with my girl Aug 23rd-26th. We're staying in downtown union square. I just want to know all the bomb spots that we need to hit up during our stay, so anywhere in or around union square. Could be any type of food cuz we're not picky eaters. Places not too expensive, although we will prolly shell out some $ for a nice dinner one of the nights. I'm maaaaaad excited for this mini-vaca. Thanks yall.

Making a trip to Napa. Planning on eating at Bottega for lunch and Morimoto for dinner. Any suggestions or must have dishes?

Back
Top Bottom