*Nostalgic* NBA/NCAA Feet version NBA stars in College/High School

Originally Posted by jt solemates lm

never let this thread die!!!!!!!
laugh.gif

IDK, it isnt too much else to post.

Originally Posted by dollabill87

It seems players wear much more heat in college than the nba.
college players don't have any pride, no shame in rocking an nba star signature shoes. Where as in the nba, player are men, who have pride andyou don't see that much heat. Most players in the nba only rock nike team basketball shoes. I hope some you guys understand what I'm trying to sayhere. If I was in the nba, I wouldn't been playing in nobody signature shoes.

Originally Posted by Jewelzm3

college players don't have any pride, no shame in rocking an nba star signature shoes. Where as in the nba, player are men, who have pride and you don't see that much heat. Most players in the nba only rock nike team basketball shoes. I hope some you guys understand what I'm trying to say here. If I was in the nba, I wouldn't been playing in nobody signature shoes.

I see what you are saying from a pro baller's prespective.

But i dont think its cause college players dont have pride
laugh.gif

It's moreso probably because they're in college and they're not competing with the players whose sneakers they're wearing.

Originally Posted by AirGordon10

college players don't have any pride, no shame in rocking an nba star signature shoes. Where as in the nba, player are men, who have pride and you don't see that much heat. Most players in the nba only rock nike team basketball shoes. I hope some you guys understand what I'm trying to say here. If I was in the nba, I wouldn't been playing in nobody signature shoes.

laugh.gif

It's moreso probably because they're in college and they're not competing with the players whose sneakers they're wearing.
Yea I see what you mean . My guess is players in the nba are often directed to wear the latest release or what ever the sponser wants
rather than what they want. ( I'm thinking in particular of what some of the jb athletes wear at times compared to what they could be rocking!)

there's a surprising number of guards wearing lebrons on here.PG's at that.

keep it coming fellas

Originally Posted by AirGordon10

laugh.gif

Yea I see what you mean . My guess is players in the nba are often directed to wear the latest release or what ever the sponser wants
rather than what they want. ( I'm thinking in particular of what some of the jb athletes wear at times compared to what they could be rocking!)
I have to agree with the part about them being directed to wear certain shoes. Several years ago wasn't Alonzo Mourning or someone else finedby Nike for not wearing the shoes they had assigned him to wear?

11w4lfd.jpg

Marcus Williams used to always get the commentators talking about the XX1s
laugh.gif

2qm3j90.jpg

Can never go wrong with a pair of 2k3s
smokin.gif

358b4a0.jpg

Ridnour always has a pair of Jet Flights on
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

YBD is my idol.

i was trying to find some of those pics you posted, specifically the bassy and kenyon ones, but couldn't. i guess i need to work on my google skillz.

and i agree with what was said a page ago about sponsorships.. college players aren't as tied to contracts as pros on what the company wants them to wear.

and high school offers freedom too, where the shoe companies are technically only able to wink and nudge..

i remember telfair rocking something new almost every game.. CB94s in a lot of different colors as well..

the best thing about all these players and the shoes they were wearing was that they were for the most part shoes that we can all get.

Someone post up more pics of the BB4..

Oh my.. when Duke wore 'em.. ahh

AN AMAZING THREAD. Glad to see my fellow classmates Delonte West and Jameer Nelson getting some love.

I used to hook them up with kicks. They always wanted the Hot #%$.

If you can find pics, they both wore: AJ 3 cement, 7 black red , 9, 11 (cool grey), 12, 13, 16, 17.

Nike 2k4, Zoom Generation, and some random shox.

Pics are out there, cause I sold them to them
smile.gif

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

If you can find pics, they both wore: AJ 3 cement, 7 black red , 9, 11 (cool grey), 12, 13, 16, 17.

Nike 2k4, Zoom Generation, and some random shox.

81394498.jpg

621535.jpg

81376106.jpg

3001746.jpg

3131795.jpg

81376590.jpg

81345288.jpg

1862278.jpg

man...i remember seein the hyperflights for the 1x on jason gardner's feet, thx for the memories. as for the jet flights, where can i cop me a pair?

KMART got the best of this Thread real talk he was at Cincy n the PRIME of Jordans! the sneaks made em stay n school lmao

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

joc_13_km_01.jpg

joc_05r_km_01.jpg
Yo, i used to love watch Levett play.... i always had the VCR ready..... dude could jump from the free throw line off of two feet (over a rack ofballs).. straight up freak of nature.

And want those V's that K-mart got.........no the CDPs though.

great thread. I'll contribute.

1995 Stephon Lincoln High school - Nike Air Max2 Uptempo - same ones Ray Allen wore at UConn.
btw don't know if it's the angle of the photo but since Stephon could get up, then I'll give him the benefit of the doubt
eek.gif

amd_stephon-highschool.jpg

Marcus Camby UMass

camby-557x650.jpg

Back
Top Bottom