"Nothing Was The Same" After I Dropped That "Control" Verse...

I use the terms interchangeably, so what I meant to say Kendrick isn't a heavy using punchline rapper.

Posts like these are whats wrong with peoples way of thinking.

Something is always about "well, I feel like someone is better at it, so that means this guy can't do it at all"

Thats not the case. Just cause you guys feel like someone may be MORE lyrical, that still doesn't mean Kendrick isn't lyrical at all.

Thats like me saying "Oh, CP3 has better handles and ball control than Rondo or Kyrie Irving". Does that mean they aren't great ball handlers? No :lol:

exactly my point . what's the point of posting J Coles freestyle ? my post was about refuting the notion that Kendrick has no bars

when did i mention punches as being the scale for good lines? i only said punches and multis are what garner the most attention in cyphers. I was more alluding to the thought that Ken doesn't really have lines that need to be reheard, or that are open interpretation, that are really deep, or might go over heads. Whereas he has dope songs...even though he doesnt get much radio play, he makes good music, whereas somebody that may have more complex or creative lines, but has less personality, doesnt get as much props. i think born sinner was better than gkmc, but thats just more my flavor.

that funk flex free was fire.

when did i mention punches as being the scale for good lines? i only said punches and multis are what garner the most attention in cyphers. I was more alluding to the thought that Ken doesn't really have lines that need to be reheard, or that are open interpretation, that are really deep, or might go over heads. Whereas he has dope songs...even though he doesnt get much radio play, he makes good music, whereas somebody that may have more complex or creative lines, but has less personality, doesnt get as much props. i think born sinner was better than gkmc, but thats just more my flavor.

that funk flex free was fire.

when u say "lines" u can only be talkin about punchlines cuz most other lyrical feats take more than a line or 2 to accomplish....

u think born sinner is better than gkmc... your opinion means nada

to me -- this is the epitome of rapping and lyrical ability . not only is he coming with the stuff i mentioned earlier (consonance , assonance , alliteration , multiples , etc.) but the way he goes about detailing the conversation between his Uncle and father about how he should be brought up , drugs , and the struggles of the hood is CRAZY

saying Kendrick doesnt have bars is either just hating , or you have a completely different criteria for what makes rap good than i do . theres just no other explanation

i see you...and raise you.

Im open minded and more than willing to consider your opinions...provide some lines that you guys think are hard then. Show me something that I might have missed. Because I can give you madddd lines from guys that I think are better.

Posts like these are whats wrong with peoples way of thinking.

Something is always about "well, I feel like someone is better at it, so that means this guy can't do it at all"

Thats not the case. Just cause you guys feel like someone may be MORE lyrical, that still doesn't mean Kendrick isn't lyrical at all.

Thats like me saying "Oh, CP3 has better handles and ball control than Rondo or Kyrie Irving". Does that mean they aren't great ball handlers? No :lol:

Kendrick is lyrical. Just listen to the guys music, almost any song honestly.. I honestly don't know how anyone can listen to dude and not recognize how the dude drops mad lines. Everything doesn't have to be a SMACK cypher/battle verse.

Everything doesn't have to be deciphered in order to be considered a great lyrical verse or bar.

And Cole got mad bars, not knocking young light skinned.
Lupe in his prime is definitely smashing dudes, as well as a gang of other cats. But that doesn't mean Kendrick ain't a lyrical beast.

nah b, kendrick is a beast, it would be foolish to say otherwise. i was just playfully 1upping u with a freestyle post :lol:

Kendrick doesn't have bars? I've read everything on here now. Dude has so much music out and if anyone has listened to half of it there is no way they could come up with that. From "West Coast Wu-Tang" to his verse on "Nostalgia" by Pusha T the dude has been displaying bars for the longest. Kendrick is a Hip-Hop artist and his versatility is what allows him to standout and what brings him praises from people on here. Cole is my guy and I like the example from earlier but he is still finding his way in the game and it seems like Kendrick has already found his.

Completely missed the part about Kendrick being light work for Drake due to his writing style.

I can always count on the music section for a good laugh.

The problem is, music is soley based on opinions. One persons trash is another mans treasure. But Kendrick not having bars or being considered light work for drake is completely false

wearing baggy clothes and knowing who mike will made it is are the two main factors to being hood/hard
roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

repped

I appreciate ASAP Mob for doing something different, but

thy should've just spit like they did on Flex's show.

Any of ya'll talking bout clothes are silly, IDC if dude

is wearing some crocs and a unitard, long as 

the cat can spit, i'm all good.

Back
Top Bottom