"Nothing Was The Same" After I Dropped That "Control" Verse...

Crooked I took the cake last night:

Call it hip hop population control
Hashtag FOH, they wanna crucify Crooked I, why, cause I'm bossy
But I'm so street look both ways before you cross me
Killing all is what I came to do
Black entertainment smacking you white entertainers too
House gang, anybody can get it
I got bands for anybody who with it
I'm the best note theoretical quotient
In alphabetical order I slaughter every rapper
And since I'm strictly West Coast I dump his head in the ocean
Pacific ocean, the specific ocean, I'm sipping potion
Listening to you rap, you ain't saying nothing
You talking bread stunting, you talking red buttons
I'm pushing a red button and all my weapons going Karrine Steffans
That mean they head hunting
Homie you garbage, you probably learned to rap at ICDC college

Joell and Royce got busy too and IMO Joey was kinda lazy with his. Some of Joey's bars sounded recycled, "It's either you or me, since you love hip hop/I'll have Wale say spoken word at your eulogy" ... Cassidy said something similar on that Meek diss Raid, "Yup, this what I’m gon’ do to you, kill you in the battle/Then Wale can say a poem at your funeral" ... C'mon Joey, us NJers expected a little more from u especially since he was the last one out the camp to spit. It wasn't a wack freestyle, I just feel like the energy wasn't there.

Kendrick is in full nail Drake to a cross mode right now :lol: .. Now it's time for Drake to back up them claims he was talkin on the Angie Martinez show.

I'll participate in this if they battle on url or kotd or if some noteworthy violence comes about.
If these dudes start throwing year long shades at each other, from out of state to sell some records, count me out.
Kendrick needs to name names and vice versa.

Music egos are so big now and they are not used to taking L's like athletes are. Therefore the chances of these dudes ever settliing this with any kind of 1 on 1 is near zero.

These dudes are collectively playing yall

You say it sucks, I think that's the beauty of drakes music and wish it was what he actually stuck with most of the time.
I'm into to Hip-Hop not pop. Not bashing you in any way for liking it. I just think Hip-Hop just wants him to pick a lane and stay there. Authenticity.

Prime Example:
I hope he completely moves away from rap and people stop associating him with it and reference him as the pop act he is

Why would he move away from rap when that's what he does best :lol:

Y'all can't be serious son can barely sing for real...

I'm into to Hip-Hop not pop. Not bashing you in any way for liking it. I just think Hip-Hop just wants him to pick a lane and stay there. Authenticity.

Prime Example:

Bro I'm into hip hop all the way.

I think jay electronica is the best rapper to ever walk the face of this earth.

I think drake is an inconsistent rapper aka Lebron in the paint vs jump shooting. Lebron is a beast in the paint but has great streaks when jump shooting as compared to being a "great jump shooter" despite this overall he's great.

Drake is a great r&b song maker and I'd much prefer him to stick to that as opposed to going out of his lane and making rap songs, cause like Lebron whose had some great shooting performances like drake has had some great rapping spotlights, he's had some bricks as well.
So it's not a preference of hip hop, but rather id like to see drake to stay from hip hop

I'll participate in this if they battle on url or kotd or if some noteworthy violence comes about.
If these dudes start throwing year long shades at each other, from out of state to sell some records, count me out.
Kendrick needs to name names and vice versa.

Music egos are so big now and they are not used to taking L's like athletes are. Therefore the chances of these dudes ever settliing this with any kind of 1 on 1 is near zero.

These dudes are collectively playing yall
The majority of this post is gibberish. 

He had a dope verse, but I don't see how Kendrick is going at Drakes head with a weak half a bar. The other half is clearly talking about Papoose with the pajama reference.

He had a dope verse, but I don't see how Kendrick is going at Drakes head with a weak half a bar. The other half is clearly talking about Papoose with the pajama reference.

It's much more interesting for viewers if it's directed at someone as big as Drake, so people aren't willing to view it in any other light.

Like I said, this isn't about being good for hip-hop, ___'s just like drama.

The whole thing wit kendrick and drake is entertaining just cuz how kendrick gets at drake. ***** straight killin him. But i feel that kendrick can go at so many other wack artist and shut the game down and be on a status that legends are on, early in his career. I mean dont get me wrong. Hes been doin his thing underground but now that hes on radio, man he can slaughter so many other artists.

Joell Ortiz the best out of Slaughterhouse ? huh ?

i guess everyone's entitled to their own opinion . personally i think people who really appreciate flow and lyrical ability (multiples , assonance , consonance , alliteration , etc) love Kendricks verse , for example :

to me the way he spat the above is absolutely filthy :x . to others , not so much

I agree with you. I don't know see how you can appreciate flow and lyricaly ability and not say Kendrick had the best cypher verse. Its really not even close....dude is a lyrical genius.

The only thing that sucks about this is no matter how hard Kendrick gets at him Drake can move around outside Hip-Hop and not lose a step.

I hope he completely moves away from rap and people stop associating him with it and reference him as the pop act he is

QFT.

Drake the light skinned Keith Sweat, just like he self proclaimed. He needs to stop trying to act like Mase and just stick to singing.

29-Camron-NP.gif

Dudes come up with so many excuses for Aubrey, it's down right sickening.. Now he is talking about Papoose, Really??Lol
Look you don't have to like K.Dot or his music, you even can keep calling him a "fad", but lets face facts, this young man is giving us substance and bars..
Joe Buddens ain't been **** since Rae put them paws on him
Joel was sub par, his response record was wayyyyy more live
Crooked I and Royce will always be slept on, I just don't understand that...
At the end of the day, Hip Hop was founded on story telling and competition, hell I even appreciate that dried up BestBuy rapper Papoose because his music has always been about battles, now these new ****** want to be friends, hold hands and skip like Care Bears and that's why this art form is lost because nobody wants to compete or give the people knowledge or something thought provoking...
What you call drama, I call the essence of hip hop...
We are not talking about "Beef", We are talking competition...
There is a difference and Kendrick is winning in all categories because he truly has everybody in their feelings lol

Last edited:

The only thing that sucks about this is no matter how hard Kendrick gets at him Drake can move around outside Hip-Hop and not lose a step.
QFT.

Drake the light skinned Keith Sweat, just like he self proclaimed. He needs to stop trying to act like Mase and just stick to singing.
But hes a much better rapper than singer though. 

Lmfaooo thread is comedy​

Someone made that photoshop specifically for this thread though . . .  :smh:

Its not specifically for this thread. Its for those times when you realize you have no new friends, you started from the bottom, but you dream of makin headlines, yet you got trust issues. But when using OVO Feels, it will take care, find your love, and say: Hold on, We're going Home!

thread is comedy unobtanium :rofl: much better than general.

Lmfaooo thread is comedy​

Someone made that photoshop specifically for this thread though . . .  :smh:

Its not specifically for this thread. Its for those times when you realize you have no new friends, you started from the bottom, but you dream of makin headlines, yet you got trust issues. But when using OVO Feels, it will take care, find your love, and say: Hold on, We're going Home!

thread is comedy unobtanium :rofl: much better than general.

I can hear a soft-spoken voice in a commercial reciting that verbatim

upon closer inspection...budden's verse **** on kendricks. k.dot brought the energy, no doubt, but bar for bar...hell no.

'I can get you hit now, with a future hook'

a colder concept than anything Kendrick has said in 2013

Kendrick not really a bar spitting rapper though. At least I don't see him to be like that type of rapper.

Kendrick not really a bar spitting rapper though. At least I don't see him to be like that type of rapper.

exactly. which is why i dont understand the hype about dude. he makes good songs, there's no argument there, but when cats talk about hardest in the game..that's easily debatable when you dont really have bars like that to back up those claims. hard to me isn't based on hit records, **** mmg stays with joints on the radio getting spins, most of them dudes *** cheeks. you gotta have bars + music. he has great energy, and cool rap voice, sans the accent, and a nice style, but line for line, he's not that strong. the last quarter of his cypher verse was bunk.

the hype reminds me of how frustrated i used to get with cats in hs all gassed on jeezy. like yo are we listening to the same guy? i just don't see how you can grow up listening to certain artists and then be impressed by one that doesnt come close to them. in all honesty, besides song quality, j.cole is lightyears beyond k.dot to me. dude actually impresses me sometimes. i dont know if he'll ever blow blow, but he def has that talent.

again, its all my opinion, so dont get emotional guys, i still wanna see him go against drake...but in all honesty, based on bar potential, if dude stops being doctor cotton, i think it'd be lightwork for drake simply off of his style for writing. i think he'd have more stingers. k.dot would have more material, easily, but idk if he's wired to put it in a strong enough diss verse to dog in a battle. drake would probably have a harder diss record. i mean if you examine the control verse..it truly wasnt thaaaaaat nice, it was just wild unexpected and out of left field, and that why it caught dudes sleeping. but line wise, it wasn't that tough, it just had bad intentions behind it so it meant more. K.dot has a great rhyme scheme, but i don't think he's a conceptual rapper, with deep metaphors and double ent.'s unless i'm missing something? it's just a really good rhymer, which is cool, not everybody can reach under the surface. not saying drake is either, but yea.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom