NT Chefs: Help me out!

I have some catfish that I want to cook tonight but I'm not sure what I want to do with it. Usually I coat ii in seasoned cornmeal and fry, so I waswondering if you guys had some other techniques I could try. What should I pair with it?

Also, I no longer have a caste iron skillet
frown.gif

*waits for Ska*
nerd.gif

^I saw that episode this weekend actually lol. Looks good, but I don't have the skillet so I don't know how it will come out
ohwell.gif

Any pan would work don't you think?

Make it simple with salt and pepper and bake it. Squeeze some lemon juice on it if you like.

Before you begin, go get a bag big enough for all of the catfish to fit into.

Now, for the breading:
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten (whip/whisk them in a small bowl until they're frothy)
- 2 cups flaked coconut

And for the sauce:
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1/4 cup pina colada mix
- 1/4 crushed pineapple (drained)
- 2 tbsp. sugar

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees

2. Combine the paprika and cornstarch in a bowl.

3. Place the coconut in another bowl.

You should have 3 bowls now; an egg white bowl, a cornstarch/paprika bowl, and a coconut bowl.

4. The bag I mentioned earlier, big enough for all of the catfish to fit into? Place the catfish in the bag.

5. Walk to your nearest outdoor garbage container, and place the catfish into it.

6. Go to the store and get a pound of shrimp.

7. Dip the shrimp one-by-one into the cornstarch/paprika mixture, then the egg white, then the coconut.

8. Bake on a non-stick cookie sheet (or a regular cookie sheet sprayed w/ PAM or something) for like 10 minutes, then take them out, flip them over, and bakethem for a few more minutes (watch the; if you have an oven with a window, that would be great).

9. Mix the ingredients for the sauce.

Coconut shrimp!
smokin.gif

Catfish?
sick.gif

lol.. Ska & catfish. Where's that pic we're all thinking of...?

of topic: what did you use to make that avy Fanatic 15? edit: lol,
catfish1.jpg

Broiling is an option

I'm also keen on the lemon. I heard I should let it marinate in lemon juice for about 10 minutes before cooking to help the flavor so I might try that too.

laugh.gif
@ Ska.. I was thinking "coconut and catfish!" eww.
laugh.gif

what did you use to make that avy Fanatic 15

http://www.faceyourmanga.it/welcome.htm http://www.faceyourmanga.it/welcome.htm - I got the idea from someone else but I forget who
frown.gif

I have an idea...

Leave it the fridge until I get there.
pimp.gif

Yeah.. No
nerd.gif

ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Before you begin, go get a bag big enough for all of the catfish to fit into.

Now, for the breading:
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten (whip/whisk them in a small bowl until they're frothy)
- 2 cups flaked coconut

And for the sauce:
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1/4 cup pina colada mix
- 1/4 crushed pineapple (drained)
- 2 tbsp. sugar

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees

2. Combine the paprika and cornstarch in a bowl.

3. Place the coconut in another bowl.

You should have 3 bowls now; an egg white bowl, a cornstarch/paprika bowl, and a coconut bowl.

4. The bag I mentioned earlier, big enough for all of the catfish to fit into? Place the catfish in the bag.

5. Walk to your nearest outdoor garbage container, and place the catfish into it.

6. Go to the store and get a pound of shrimp.

7. Dip the shrimp one-by-one into the cornstarch/paprika mixture, then the egg white, then the coconut.

8. Bake on a non-stick cookie sheet (or a regular cookie sheet sprayed w/ PAM or something) for like 10 minutes, then take them out, flip them over, and bake them for a few more minutes (watch the; if you have an oven with a window, that would be great).

9. Mix the ingredients for the sauce.

Coconut shrimp!
smokin.gif

Catfish?
sick.gif

I'm reading this like "no this dude is not about to put no coconut on some catfish"
I don't know how catfish would taste any other way than fried, catfish is kinda
sick.gif
to me...

I hope it's farm raised catfish. Otherwise
sick.gif

But as far as cooking it I would Broil it. I don't get what you gain by pan of any sort with high heat that you isn't better served by broiling withsomething like a fillet of about anything fish included...

And as far as spicing I would suggest something simple like olive oil, salt, pepper (any sort be that black, cayenne, whatever sounds good), and lemon (from alemon not from a container).

Side note:

Wild caught, fresh Striped Bass from good ole Long Island waters
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

How did you just post nothingness, HTTB?

laugh.gif
I think it was an ultimate stoneface
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I actually meant to edit my post, but clicked quote by mistake.
ohwell.gif

Edit fast enough, and "edited by..." doesn't show up.

HarlemToTheBronx:
Fanatic15:
23ska909red02:
How did you just post nothingness, HTTB?

laugh.gif

I think it was an ultimate stoneface
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I actually meant to edit my post, but clicked quote by mistake.
ohwell.gif

Edit fast enough, and "edited by..." doesn't show up.
Nah, I knew that if you edit quick enough, no 'Edited by...' shows up. I just forgot about that.

I was confused because I didn't see anything, so I highlighted, and still nothing showed up, so I clicked to edit your reply, and still... nothing was inyour reply for me to edit. I was like 'How did this dude just post... nothing?'

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom