NT, convince me "cutting the cord" is a good idea

anyone have any experience with direct tv stream? how do you like it... i might go this route just because they have regional sports and fios is overpriced.... comcast is reasonable but they cut the sport channels i follow specifically MSG

So how do I get the $1 offer? It's offering me a free trial, but not sure if it'll be updated when its time to pay.

Was finally able to get $1 a month Hulu offer completed. Going to start rewatching Everybody Hates Chris and Shark Tank ASAP.

Need to see what else is available outside of that Wu Tang show as well.

Just subscribed to YouTube TV last week. First month for $14.99. So far so good. We'll see at the end of the month if I decide to keep it.

anyone have any experience with direct tv stream? how do you like it... i might go this route just because they have regional sports and fios is overpriced.... comcast is reasonable but they cut the sport channels i follow specifically MSG

I have it and love it honestly. They do offer boxes to utilize with the service as well which is a plus. They’re kinda pricey now so I would compare them to what you’re paying now to see if there is a real price difference. Love the fact that I’m able to use it anywhere.

When it's all said and done, and the market settles, Disney gets it's Netflix competitor up and running....

Cutting the cord will cost the same as cable, you will just be paying different people.

1639845433658.png

this is by far my most accurate prediction.

Last edited:
The Disney news sucks for us YoutubeTV subscribers. I’m hoping they work out a deal but this may be the beginning of the end for broadcast TV as we always knew it.

There are millions of content creators (major studios and individuals) fighting for our dollars that can deliver directly to the consumer. I think we’ll need to choose between the Foxs, Universals, Disneys, Netflixs, etc. for the foreseeable future.

All this was inevitable. Everyone ditched cable and jumped on the streaming bandwagon. It’s nearing a point where the playing field will be level.

Disney did me a favor lol. I watch ESPN when NBA games are on but I can live without watching them saving $15/month. Now if they have a dispute with NBC Sports (Warriors channel) then they'll lose me, like Sling.
ABC, I have an hd antenna for that. Don't watch Disney and whatever channels that got cut.

Feels like we have switched one cord for another. I’m happy with YouTube tv, but the price keeps creeping back up to regular cable prices

Paying for internet and all these streaming services is probably more expensive than cable nowadays. Savings were there in the beginning but now the companies have caught up.

All I have is Netflix, obviously I’m linked on my mom’s account because who pays for Netflix?

Anyone know how to watch spectrum sports without cable or Directv Stream?

I have sling and a bunch of other streaming apps but can’t watch a damn lakers game because of blackouts, forced to use an illegal stream that has crappy quality. There has to be a better way

Anyone know how to watch spectrum sports without cable or Directv Stream?

I have sling and a bunch of other streaming apps but can’t watch a damn lakers game because of blackouts, forced to use an illegal stream that has crappy quality. There has to be a better way
The Yahoo Sports App allows you to watch up to 8 NBA games per season per email account. Theoretically speaking, if you have 10 Yahoo emails you could watch an entire season of the Lakers. It's not ideal, but it's an alternative.

The Yahoo Sports App allows you to watch up to 8 NBA games per season per email account. Theoretically speaking, if you have 10 Yahoo emails you could watch an entire season of the Lakers. It's not ideal, but it's an alternative.

Not sure how you watch full games on that App but I couldn’t figure it out. I just see highlights videos and game recaps

Back
Top Bottom