NT Do you drink?

i used to drink heavily, like 4 times a week when i was outta state in college. i posted a story on here before about how my heavy drinkin ended up in a embarassing situation. now i prolly drink a 6 pack of beers on a friday or saturday wit my dudes, but its rare that i drink liquor anymore cause it get me too turned up. im really a smoker at heart tho, but i cant blow trees cause of probation right now

hangovers depend on drinks...local drinks like here in phils. sucks your brain like a girl who hasn't had action in a long time..
sick.gif

I LOVE the drink, but sadly enough I've been dry for over 5 years now.  I got my good years in during HS and college.  My mother's health got quite poor therefore I was just a sloppy, sad mess....so i quit.   It does kill your social life, but I am happy with my 
pimp.gif

used to drink regularly. stopped nearly completely within the last 8 months. cost effectiveness + fitness goals= no alcohol for me.

I dont know where you non drinkers are from but where Im from....A college town....I cant name one person in my age group (24) that i know that doesnt drink.

yeah sometimes. usually before a club or at a party or something. nothing too serious though

Alcohol = social lubricant, it's not a necessity but it makes things easier...

Trees = social sandpaper, for me at least... I'm basically like "Don't talk to me..."

Didnt drink for 3 weeks until this past friday night.

Went out with some friends.. I keep throwing drinks back round after round. The atmosphere of the spot toned down my drunkness and I really didnt know how drunk I was until we went outside.

$74 on drinks.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 0cks

Alcohol = social lubricant, it's not a necessity but it makes things easier...

Trees = social sandpaper, for me at least... I'm basically like "Don't talk to me..."

I feel you on this. Unless you smoke all day every day, most people arent too social after burning

When I drink its usually to get a little buzzed or a little past that so it last for a few hours. I can't go out every night trashed and causing a scene because that's not a good look. I'm sipping a little now tho and listening to Krit wuz here and its hard to imagine not drinking again.

yezzir i do.

there was a while tho where every day i had off, i would go and drink with other who didn't have work either, never by myself.

i still enjoy an occasional beer here and there tho. nothing wrong with drinking once every two weeks.

i used to drink to get crazy messed up so that i don't remember what happened. that doesn't happen anymore, i'm not 21 years old.

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I just don't get it and never will. I understand wanting to have a good time but why punish your body to achieve that.

The truth! When I ask people I know, it makes it seem like they do it just not to feel left out when they out with friends...
I feel like this is the pro vs anti facebook arguement.  Everyone believes they are right and the other side is wrong

Simply put...when i drink i talk to more females and have a higher success rate with them.
When I am sober and I am completely reserved and more afraid of rejection.

I kick back after work maybe once a week with a beer or two just to calm my nerves after a stressful day.  No one enjoys throwing up and the hang over.  But it happens some times when your just not paying attention to how much your actually consuming.  Prob happens to me once every other month when i get all my boys together and everyone is just buying tons of rounds. 

Notice I never used the word wrong. I said I will never understand it. Not calling myself right. Again, I do not understand it. It is beyond my personal comprehension.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I just don't get it and never will. I understand wanting to have a good time but why punish your body to achieve that.

The truth! When I ask people I know, it makes it seem like they do it just not to feel left out when they out with friends...
I feel like this is the pro vs anti facebook arguement.  Everyone believes they are right and the other side is wrong

Simply put...when i drink i talk to more females and have a higher success rate with them.
When I am sober and I am completely reserved and more afraid of rejection.

I kick back after work maybe once a week with a beer or two just to calm my nerves after a stressful day.  No one enjoys throwing up and the hang over.  But it happens some times when your just not paying attention to how much your actually consuming.  Prob happens to me once every other month when i get all my boys together and everyone is just buying tons of rounds. 
That is completely the placebo effect. Unless you are talking to a wasted chick its just mental my man. You can accomplish what ever you have done while drinking sober you just got to be more confident. I know a lot of people who feel the same way but its all in your head. You just dont want to get to the point where you feel that is the ONLY way you can do it.

Back
Top Bottom