NT, Do You Pay Everything On First Date? Vol: Am I Cheap?

I agree, that is why I say don't go out to dinner with them. But if you DO, what exactly is wrong with each person paying for their own portion? Because I make a woman pay for her own means I am treating her like a "jumpoff"?

I agree with the last portion. Just be honest about your intentions.

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

DC, see me in 2k10
Man I haven't played that game since COD came out

If you are sim I will play you. If you are a video game basketball dude, I won't even waste my time.
laugh.gif

i just hate parting ways with my monies...i find alternatives to dating unless i see no other way.

Just funny how some of you can't understand that many of these women that have little to no interest in you would still go out with you for the sake of getting a free meal/drinks.

Thats why I say you learn their interest level before giving them ANYTHING

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Just funny how some of you can't understand that many of these women that have little to no interest in you would still go out with you for the sake of getting a free meal/drinks.

i thought that was common sense

Man yall got it backwards.  its not whether if you're going to pay for the dinner or not, its WHERE you taking her on that first date.  ive been talking about this with both males and females..you take her on a really cheap date and eat with her and pay.  this will determine whether if shes just in it for food or there to just be in company with you.  you got to see where her head is at.  The price of the dinner shouldnt be the first impression, its the connection between the two of you.  i can take a female to get some chicken wings with french fries and eat it with her at the bench and call that a date.  if she doesnt like it, she really wasnt into me now, was she?
Exactly. For me, being broke in college and all, it's appreciated if a chick recognizes that and we go dutch or if she at least offers. That's one of my litmus tests...

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

It might be common sense on the surface of it, but it damn sure is not common practice. You and I both know men give women so many undeserved things for the HOPE of getting some butt. Hell, even without the hope of getting butt. Boys are just taught to treat women like QUEENS. So that is the root of all of this.

how many women are you going out with on "cold" (meaning all you've done is maybe have a small conversation) dates, though?

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

It might be common sense on the surface of it, but it damn sure is not common practice. You and I both know men give women so many undeserved things for the HOPE of getting some butt. Hell, even without the hope of getting butt. Boys are just taught to treat women like QUEENS. So that is the root of all of this.
I hate that with a passion. Conditions chicks with some an extreme sense of entitlement that is beyond me. Then again, them type of girls ain't my type...

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

how many women are you going out with on "cold" (meaning all you've done is maybe have a small conversation) dates, though?
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Is it me or does your sig (space) get bigger everytime you post?[/color]

sv2qzm.jpg

^ It is funny that in another post I mentioned this and I said that I will NOT teach my son to treat women with that type of undeserved spioling simply because they are female. SoleWoman cussed me out as if I said something wrong.

Dirty; plenty.

Of course its just good manner's i know for a fact a female wont take dudes who cant even pay for the first date serious.. Some girls would give you the stone face and walk away.. So unless its a girl your just getting for her bread then you should pay whats 20-30 bux.. Dont go all out on the first date.. a movie is fine...

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Man yall got it backwards.  its not whether if you're going to pay for the dinner or not, its WHERE you taking her on that first date.  ive been talking about this with both males and females..you take her on a really cheap date and eat with her and pay.  this will determine whether if shes just in it for food or there to just be in company with you.  you got to see where her head is at.  The price of the dinner shouldnt be the first impression, its the connection between the two of you.  i can take a female to get some chicken wings with french fries and eat it with her at the bench and call that a date.  if she doesnt like it, she really wasnt into me now, was she?
Exactly. For me, being broke in college and all, it's appreciated if a chick recognizes that and we go dutch or if she at least offers. That's one of my litmus tests...

This....

Originally Posted by PltcsAsUsual

Of course its just good manner's i know for a fact a female wont take dudes who cant even pay for the first date serious.. Some girls would give you the stone face and walk away.. So unless its a girl your just getting for her bread then you should pay whats 20-30 bux.. Dont go all out on the first date.. a movie is fine...

Manners? Why manners though? So it is RUDE if a man doesn't do it?

Example of what I was speaking of. A few posts back. We are conditioned to do these things for females and if we don't, we are looked down upon.

Originally Posted by Diego

Originally Posted by DanzInRealLife

I don't believe in the whole guy paying for everything mindset.

First date: 50/50

Then if it went well and it looks like we'd go on a few more, I'd take him out and then he take me out for the next. I like to keep it all even.

Ive seen many girls say this (especially on NT), Im pretty sure most dont actually follow thrugh with it.

Jussayin.

Meh, maybe over there. Here, it's a whole other ball game. I'm stubborn and I will pay my own way. Maybe it's because I've been burned by an ex who threw up stuff like that in my face, even though I paid for the majority of things. *kanyeshrug*

Dirty; plenty.
Interesting.  If I look back at all the girls and women I dated..most of them were met through other friends and acquaintances....thus giving me the chance to interact with them prior to going on a real date.

Nelson the type of dude who get shy when around girls
laugh.gif
funny.  you know me?

I just want to know how paying for the first date is considered "good manners"

PltcsAsUsual any answer?

It depends how well I know the girl prior to the date. If she seems like good peoples then I wouldn't mind paying for the 1st date, otherwise its straight dutch.

I do not think that a man should always pay. Technically speaking, it is the person who issued the invitation that should pay. But really, if one person pays the first time, then second time, it should be on the other person. It would even be good to go dutch and split, but this can be kind of embarassing if two people are at the table fighting for who to pay the bill. So, if one person insists to not allow the other to pay, the other person still has to offer at least. Or even the other person can pay for other things like the tip, or offer to pay the gas.

When it comes to us women, I think we should allow the man (ie. your date) the DESIRE to treat you, not for him to feel as if it is a social obligation. I would want a man to treat me out of his own genuine interest in me, rather than it is because he feels like he has to.

Honestly if it's a first date I wouldn't expect him to pay unless it's his show completely (like he called me up and told ME where we were going) and we end up doing something that I wasn't prepared for. Even still I would feel weird as hell so I would try and pitch in somewhere like on gas or the tip at dinner. Something.
laugh.gif

i remember i took a girl to chili's one night and when the tab came, she immediately reached for her purse. before that, i was gonna split 50/50 but once i saw that she was willing to pay for her half, i paid for it all.

Back
Top Bottom