NT Drinkers, Come School Me.

So I'm a college student going into my senior year and will probably consume a good amount of liquor of the course of the year, and I want to try something new. Each year I've been in school I've tried a new alcohol.

Freshman year -Vodka
Sophomore-Gin and more Vodka
Junior- Cognac and more gine
Senior year I was thinking of trying different whiskeys, scotchs, bourbons, etc.

So my question is, what is a good drink for beginners? I was thinking about getting a sample set of Johnnie Walker and some Jim Beam Original and Devil's Cut.

Also, should this be an Official Drinkers Thread? I noticed these pop up every so often. Thanks NT in advance :nthat:

Last edited:
no this shouldn't be the official drinker's thread because you're the OP and you know nothing about it.

bourbon: elijah craig 12

Are you gonna drink them straight up or mix them with stuff?

By the time I was in 3rd year i outgrew that phase and stopped trying to get **** faced all the time.

Why not try different types of beer.

If you just trying to get faded and avoid hangover just drink vodka soda with lime.

Last edited:
Southern Comfort

no this shouldn't be the official drinker's thread because you're the OP and you know nothing about it.
bourbon: elijah craig 12

You just drink these straight with ice correct? Or do y'all mix? I drink Remy Martin straight, I know it's two different types of liquors though.

I don't really want to drink to get faded ALL the time, so I'm looking for a nice drink to get a buzz or just kick back and chill.

Last edited:
- Woodford Reserve
- Chivas Regal
- Elijah Craig 12
- Buffalo Trace
- Johnnie Green

beginners? avoid jim beam, man.

for mixed drinks:

jameson/ginger ale
captain/ginger ale
vodka soda
black/coke