NT EXPLAIN SOMETHING TO ME: I MISS THE OLD NT

I think it mostly boils down to the second point in Dirty's post.  You have to weed out the 'idiots' if you read through most threads you will still see plenty of familiar names and dudes who are always giving info, advice, and generally hooking up everyone with whatever they can.  The rest... you just have to skim past and realize most of it is going to be pointless to read, regardless of what forum your are in.

.So I will not just sit here and let you slight me for something that is not me, nor what I am about. 
So what are you about? 
Don't just talk about it; be about it.  

You say that you never claimed to be an OG and that doesn't matter to you, but then you get all bent out of shape when it's "inferred" (based on your current account's actual join date) that you registered in 2003, not 2001.  Well, I've got news for you:  in 2001 we had plenty of users complaining about how NT was getting too "mainstream" because of all the newbies who joined after SlamEd included our URL in Kicks 2.

Unless you came in here straight from NikePark in 1999, SOMEONE was complaining about your freshmen class.  

The points stand.  If you want the site to be better, you can take action to help MAKE it better.  You can do for this generation of users what previous generations did for you. 

Originally Posted by Method Man

.So I will not just sit here and let you slight me for something that is not me, nor what I am about. 
So what are you about? 
Don't just talk about it; be about it.  

You say that you never claimed to be an OG and that doesn't matter to you, but then you get all bent out of shape when it's "inferred" (based on your current account's actual join date) that you registered in 2003, not 2001.  Well, I've got news for you:  in 2001 we had plenty of users complaining about how NT was getting too "mainstream" because of all the newbies who joined after SlamEd included our URL in Kicks 2.

Unless you came in here straight from NikePark in 1999, SOMEONE was complaining about your freshmen class.  

The points stand.  If you want the site to be better, you can take action to help MAKE it better.  You can do for this generation of users what previous generations did for you. 

Ok. I'll tell you what I am not about: being told that I am lying/day-dreaming/got my lube out and fapping about something when I in fact lived it and participated prior to this "join date" Lots of things happened on the crossover to yuku, this specifically, that I made reference to a mod via inbox but did not make a big stink about because I don't really care when yuku thinks I joined up. I know when I joined up. Others know when I joined up. I know I was here and posting before 2003. I was called a newbie back then I still get called a newbie now re: post count. Truth is I don't post nonsense, I don't post to see my name on the web, I for sure don't post for to be told I am a liar. I post when I have something to share, something to say, something to contribute. I don't complain, my post count simply does not translate that.

I got your point loud and clear. But no thanks. I'd rather teach my son how to be respectful rather than patrol nt. I'll do my part whenever I feel the urge to get trolled. I'm not a mod, never been tapped to be one, nor would I entertain the thought if approached, nor have i EVER expected to be approached. The way your painting it, it's like you never wanted me on this board prior till 03 because you think I'm complaining, when in fact the root to any change is to underline the problem and through conversation develop possible resolutions. Turned off, yup. I frankly don't have the time, nor care. I'll just squeeze what I want from the board just like the rest of us, because that is the consensus according to the replies. I guess I don't talk that talk when it comes to the internet. I don't have to look the internet in the face when I brush my teeth in the morning. Some of you do, yourself included.

Today in my query I came to the realization that in my hobby NT will not be my Mirror, but my shadow. I'll light my torch, and shine my light elsewhere.

ATMOSquare
2001- Present

laugh.gif
The hell is this?

The more members the less you'll get of what you're talking about. Especially since they're younger.

Today in my query I came to the realization that in my hobby NT will not be my Mirror, but my shadow. I'll light my torch, and shine my light elsewhere.

ATMOSquare 

2001- Present

Because I didn't give you enough respect for your join date?  Really?  
I'm not a mod, never been tapped to be one, nor would I entertain the thought if approached, nor have i EVER expected to be approached. The way your painting it, it's like you never wanted me on this board prior till 03 because you think I'm complaining, when in fact the root to any change is to underline the problem and through conversation develop possible resolutions. Turned off, yup. I frankly don't have the time, nor care. I'll just squeeze what I want from the board just like the rest of us, because that is the consensus according to the replies. I guess I don't talk that talk when it comes to the internet. I don't have to look the internet in the face when I brush my teeth in the morning. Some of you do, yourself included. 

So... nobody but mods should care about setting a positive example and discouraging trolls.... and now you're personally insulting me. 
No hypocrisy there.

Identifying the problem represents step ONE.  You can either treat that step as one foot out the door, or you can actually move FORWARD.  All I've seen is you criticizing the newer users.  Sorry if I don't find that particularly helpful. 

The staff and I will continue to work and sacrifice for those who actually WANT to be here.  If that includes you, and you'd like to contribute to this problem in a constructive way, great.  

NT aint change plehboi. You just changed. YEars later and NT still is one if not the top sneaker board. The site is still great. Cant nobody tell me diff. NT IS FAR from corp. Everybody knows how much charity NT does. That other site is just a ad driven and commerical minded business hence why the site is such crap.

I love NT, no matter how many words are banned or names are banned, I will always love this place. When I make it, I'm making sure to donate to NT for all theyve done for my life. Real talk,

Sucks that its changed but that's the way it is, either stay on or quit logging in. There rally isn't much more to be said.

laugh.gif
at this dude. he bought like 5 pairs of the blue cartoon af1s from me for $250 each when they came out and another 5 of the brown cartoon af1s for 150 each.

Dude perpetuated the reselling when he was into sneakers heavily, but apparently, it's not okay now.

Yea okay dude
laugh.gif

I see OP reselling all the time so wouldn't that make him part of his own problem?

This thread is really about look at me I joined in 2001; I joined in 2002 and don't really see much change besides the growth of people who are into sneakers.

I hate the "Niketalk fell off threads" being here is a choice.

Originally Posted by Sleaze Jar Omens

Originally Posted by ATMOSquare

Originally Posted by Young Handsome

You can leave. We don't need you.

i don't think i came in here asking for thank you/get well soon cards did I? what level troll are you here? you have ribbons and medals next to your name too?

you super triple OG NT dudes kill me.

Originally Posted by NikeAirForce1

laugh.gif
at this dude. he bought like 5 pairs of the blue cartoon af1s from me for $250 each when they came out and another 5 of the brown cartoon af1s for 150 each.

Dude perpetuated the reselling when he was into sneakers heavily, but apparently, it's not okay now.

Yea okay dude
laugh.gif

wee-bey-gif.gif

Spoiler [+]
24ysm00.jpg

Originally Posted by NikeAirForce1

laugh.gif

Yea okay dude
laugh.gif

Yup and all the pairs I bought ended up on NYC disc jockeys feet. I didn't make a dime on any of them. I spread the love. It's funny that somehow giving you legit paper you swing back around at me like i gave you funny money. Doubt it was 250 though. Reseller. Try to play me years later when I lined your pockets. Get on with that.This is not what nt was about and shouldnt be accepted. Your all suckers for letting ^^ that above be accepted from fellow members. Stilln729 how am I reselling when the majority of my shoes have been worn. I have the right like any other nter to sell what I don't want anymore or have no room for. Judge me for stepping up and asking a question about something I noticed. You all blew it out of proportion I just responded and defended myself on what now has become personal jabs at what I did, what I do, and what I won't do here anymore.

Originally Posted by Method Man

ATMOSquare 

2001- Present
Because I didn't give you enough respect for your join date?  Really?  
I'm not a mod, never been tapped to be one, nor would I entertain the thought if approached, nor have i EVER expected to be approached. The way your painting it, it's like you never wanted me on this board prior till 03 because you think I'm complaining, when in fact the root to any change is to underline the problem and through conversation develop possible resolutions. Turned off, yup. I frankly don't have the time, nor care. I'll just squeeze what I want from the board just like the rest of us, because that is the consensus according to the replies. I guess I don't talk that talk when it comes to the internet. I don't have to look the internet in the face when I brush my teeth in the morning. Some of you do, yourself included. 

So... nobody but mods should care about setting a positive example and discouraging trolls.... and now you're personally insulting me. 
No hypocrisy there.

Identifying the problem represents step ONE.  You can either treat that step as one foot out the door, or you can actually move FORWARD.  All I've seen is you criticizing the newer users.  Sorry if I don't find that particularly helpful. 

The staff and I will continue to work and sacrifice for those who actually WANT to be here.  If that includes you, and you'd like to contribute to this problem in a constructive way, great.  

I didn't come here for e-props. You're still on that? You tried me on dates so I corrected you. as I came to understanding that what I want out of this board is no longer here nor do I have the time makes me a hypocrite? All good meth, if that's the didactic message you want to take out of my observation. Cool.I'm not going to go back and forth with you when I already stated my now, gripes with the board. Don't try to slight me and expect me to just take it. Respect works both ways. I once respected you, that's over with.Writing me like I imagined being here...My question has been answered. Any further jabs my inbox awaits them.

Def not 250 And it was only two pairs of blues (have emails and pics and convos). I got my brown prides from osyrhiz at 275 for two pairs shipped. here is the original convo from nt OG aka blaznazn666 aka nikeairforce1 aka imaginary player:

BIGCRI3000: Yo
blaznazn666: sup
BIGCRI3000: Its atmos, replying to your ez inbox
blaznazn666: hey
blaznazn666: did you still wanted that size 10?
BIGCRI3000: Did you get my reply
blaznazn666: wait lemme read it
blaznazn666: oh
blaznazn666: what do you mean
BIGCRI3000: I said if you knock down that 15 dollars shipping its a deal I cover my own shipping
BIGCRI3000: With a prepaod label
blaznazn666: you handle yor won shipping?
blaznazn666: oh
blaznazn666: aight
blaznazn666: I can do that
BIGCRI3000: So 200 is cool
blaznazn666: yea
blaznazn666: but I don't have paypal
BIGCRI3000: Me either
BIGCRI3000: Lol
blaznazn666: don't know if you still wanna do it
blaznazn666: good
blaznazn666: aha
BIGCRI3000: You have ebay
blaznazn666: so you wanna send a USPS MO?
blaznazn666: nah man
blaznazn666: that's why I don't have a credit card
blaznazn666: no paypal
BIGCRI3000: Ok
BIGCRI3000: Yup I can send tomorrow
blaznazn666: alright
blaznazn666: should I email you my address?
BIGCRI3000: Send me your addy
BIGCRI3000: [email protected]
BIGCRI3000: You will get payment wed am
blaznazn666: damn
blaznazn666: that fast?
BIGCRI3000: I still need another 10 so if any of your friends have let me know
BIGCRI3000: Yup
blaznazn666: can you fit a 9.5?
BIGCRI3000: I can but I'd have have a 10
BIGCRI3000: I've passed on 4 9.5s waiting for 10's
blaznazn666: ok
blaznazn666: so what kind of shipping is your prepaid one?
blaznazn666: ?
BIGCRI3000: Fedex
blaznazn666: so I would have to go to a fedex place right?
blaznazn666: I can do that
BIGCRI3000: If you set up the box tuesday you can open the envelope and stick on the label and give to driver in one shot
BIGCRI3000: Yup that too
blaznazn666: So you'll be sending a USPS money order for 200?
blaznazn666: right?
BIGCRI3000: Yes sir
blaznazn666: and will I have to sign for the envelope?
BIGCRI3000: Email me your full name and addy and cosider it done
blaznazn666: I'll have to wake up early
BIGCRI3000: Yea it gets there by 1030 am
blaznazn666: I'll have the box all set up
BIGCRI3000: Or I can have it there tuesday anytime
blaznazn666: 10:30 is good
BIGCRI3000: Cool
blaznazn666: sent you my info
BIGCRI3000: Cool
blaznazn666: so
blaznazn666: 10:30  tomorrow
blaznazn666: correct?
BIGCRI3000: Just got it
BIGCRI3000: Nah wed
BIGCRI3000: I'm sending tomorrow
blaznazn666: cool
BIGCRI3000: Thanks man
blaznazn666: so I can just open up the envelope
blaznazn666: stick the shipping sticker on
blaznazn666: and just give it too him
blaznazn666: thanks
BIGCRI3000: Just tell the driver you have a package going out aswell, they will wait for it
blaznazn666: I'll have it set up
BIGCRI3000: And you do you and open it up and stick it on
BIGCRI3000: No karamo
blaznazn666: lol
blaznazn666: alright"

They were going for 200 on eBay that week and my djs were hounding me for them. So I resorted to nt and with much trepidation settled to deal with NT OG as others did too. Have those saved convos as well. Dudes ain't trust you then, dudes don't trust you now.

Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 00:04:44 -0400

LEWIS 527: Yo
BIGCRI3000: Yo
LEWIS 527: I'm BXfinest from NT i'm iming you cuz blaznazn said u copping the cartoons from him
LEWIS 527: u atmossquare rah
BIGCRI3000: Atmosquare, yes
LEWIS 527: so u trust him rah
BIGCRI3000: First time dealings
LEWIS 527: I figured if u copping from him, then something must b right
LEWIS 527: u using a USPS money order
BIGCRI3000: Yea to tell you the truth I spoke to him off my phone
BIGCRI3000: So I am taking a chance
BIGCRI3000: I dunno if that helps you or not
LEWIS 527: i'm sayn if u gonna cop em, then I might as well feel me.  cuz I know u don't mess with the riff raff when it comes to forces
BIGCRI3000: True I feel you thanks for the compliment lol
LEWIS 527: no prob just speaking facts.  when he said u was gonan cop two pairs I was like well eff it, something gotta be right
LEWIS 527: so yo when u send out the MO let me know b cuz I will do the same
BIGCRI3000: Lol true I can respect that
BIGCRI3000: Yea I should be sending tomorrow I will let you know
LEWIS 527: aight good looks. if u finna do that tomorrow ima get mine on the move tomorrow as well.  also did he give u his aunt's address?
BIGCRI3000: Yea
LEWIS 527: wow
BIGCRI3000: Moms name
LEWIS 527: yea same. son told me he aint even 18 yet thats mad suspect but i'm thirsty for these
BIGCRI3000: You probably screened him harder than I did lol
LEWIS 527: lol word. I aint finna get got by sum random Nter feel me
BIGCRI3000: Definitely
LEWIS 527: LEWIS 527 signed on at 11:53 pm.

Originally Posted by DRETHEMAN

It would be interesting to see Stats from NT. How much traffic goes to each forum though the years. I bet back in the day most of the traffic went to sneaker related forums, and now most goes to general.. Sneaker collecting went from a kinda nerdy underground type of thing to more mainstream and profitable proposition. Not only that Sneaker companies have go out of their way to produce more and more "limited" and "exclusive" shoes. So of course the resellers are going to flock to try to make a couple of bucks. What I do is just come to NT for the laughs in general. For shoes I don't need a message board to tell me whats cool, I just buy what I like.
no truer words.

Nt never changes the people do. You get older and younger kids start joining and taking over. No one should ever complain about a board on the net it is what it is partial entertainment.

it couldn't stay a small community forever-

it's cool to be a "sneakerhead" in general now and with that comes more and more people trying to research or cop online...and for most hyped up sneakers one of the top google responses is NT...

NT never used to be the place where trolls were spawned and trained. It used to be a place where sneaker fans connected with other sneaker fans and talked sneakers, life, and all things fun. Now its amateur comedians testing out jokes.

Is this what you want to be apart of?

You lost me here. I've been here since 02, in and out the general board since 04 at the latest. The General Board has always been about clowing. Everything I remember from the Gen board from past years were comedey. The Davitz Situation(If NT has a Hall of Fame, this HAS GOT TO BE the first inductee.), PYP PS's, even WDYWT was half jokes.What kills me is these people on the Gen board that act like they too cool to be on a site called NIKEtalk to talk about shoes. Of all the trillions and trillions of message boards on the internet, you picked NIKEtalk? And think sneaker talk is lame? You may not believe this, but when people are lurking behind you, watching you giggle as you post a funny gif, they don't see your on the General Board, all they see NIKETALK.*Flame shield activated*

Back
Top Bottom