NT explain to me your obsession with antonio cromartie

he's super athletic, but so are/were a lot of guys.

it's not time to start ranking him among the best CBs yet.
2. most "fans" are just media parrots. don't really even formulate their own opinions

basically.

this is pretty much what i expected from a chargers fan right here. nothing wrong with zone. the dude just cant play man. and im not talking about samuel.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Im not a Chargers fan...Far from it actually.

And I brought up 'Zant because the same thing you say about 'Tonio can be applied to 'Zant as well...

Though at this point, Zant is >> Cro.

Its almost like your trying to fault dude for the scheme that he plays in....
smh.gif

I still would like to see him get better at playing man coverage. Seems like he's going off of sheer athleticism right about now.

Give him 1-2 more years before you start trying to disparage him....

Its not like anyone it touting him as the best CB in the league...So I don't see what you're trying to get at
ohwell.gif

So, he shouldn't intercept grossly overthrown or tipped balls???

Quentin Jammer is our "lock down" corner. He is an example of a young man who had special athletic gifts and learned to harness them to become agood (great?) cover corner.

Croman will learn and evolve as he gets experience in the NFL, but for now I will take his freak genetics, "fluke" picks and 109 yrd returns for TDs.

Originally Posted by SupraTurbo619

Quentin Jammer is our "lock down" corner. He is an example of a young man who had special athletic gifts and learned to harness them to become a good (great?) cover corner.

Croman will learn and evolve as he gets experience in the NFL, but for now I will take his freak genetics, "fluke" picks and 109 yrd returns for TDs.
laugh.gif
Jammer is so average its not even funny. I remember when hewas suppose to be the next big thing. He never developed. He isnt trash like Jamar Fletcher but he did not end up close to the hype. And he isnt a shutdownanything.
laugh.gif

That's why I put "lock down" in quotes LOL.

He's improved his game 100 fold since his debut.

Definitely not the pass interference machine or easy exploit that he was in his past.

Originally Posted by SupraTurbo619

That's why I put "lock down" in quotes LOL.

He's improved his game 100 fold since his debut.

Definitely not the pass interference machine or easy exploit that he was in his past.
They put Cro on Moss instead of Jammer for a reason.
tongue.gif

No doubt he developed somewhat though. I thought he was going to be a total bust he made him self into a solid corner. But dude was picked top 5
ohwell.gif

He is the most physically gifted athlete in the NFL right now. Part of getting INT's is being able to recover after being out of position. NO good Qb isgoing to throw the ball if the Cb is in position.

Jammer may not be a consistent lock down CB....

But he DAMN SURE put the clamps on Randy Moss in the playoffs....

I'm a Charger fan and I didn't know squat about Cro' until weeks leading up to the '06 draft. I got my first info about him here through guyslike Dre/Gunna/etc...

Even with him missing his senior year, you can see why AJ Smith pulled the trigger on him @ the 19 spot. Potential. And so far, it's paid off.

Dude has INSANE upside and is only going to get better...

Big corner with blazing speed, freakish athletic ability, awesome return skills and a nose for the football... What's not to like?

Niketalk seems to me to be obsessed with anyone who is an "on the rise" star, so it seems like they aren't just into the hype. Being theanti-hype kinda person is super hyped on NT
laugh.gif

Cromartie is good, but he is slurped here like no other. It's not to be taken that serious though, since NT is also the place where anyone who is anestablished star like LBJ or Kobe will be hated on for the littlest thing.

To sum it up, NT is like the Player Haters Ball. People get mad like "why isn't Gerald Green in the league anymore?", and Rashad McCants gets anappreciation thread
laugh.gif
But if anyone mentions Hansbrough's name, it will spark hatred like no other
eyes.gif

theone2401 wrote:

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

Originally Posted by dreClark

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

So I guess Asante' Samuels INT's shouldn't count either since the Pats play Zone the majority of time right??

laugh.gif

Oh yeah

45e152b0af1c559fc7125e706bb7974e2d69ed4.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

37457.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

this is pretty much what i expected from a chargers fan right here. nothing wrong with zone. the dude just cant play man. and im not talking about samuel.
laugh.gif
Well seeing as man coverage is becoming less and less useful and it is becoming a zone league. How much does that really hurt him?

There are very few shut down man free corners in the NFL him not being one of them doesnt hurt him that much in my opinion. He isnt top tier but he is right under that what else do you want from a second year player? People see his potential its not like he is Anthony Henry getting 10 picks. I dont even understand what you are arguing.

Ronde Barber and Asante Samuel is a perfect example of why being a shutdown man corner isnt the only thing that makes a good CB. Shoot one of the best man corners in the NFL (Al Harris) gets very little props for that it goes both ways my dude.

You don't just happen to get in the right spot at the right time and be lucky enough to pick the ball off 10 times. It takes skill and knowledge to get 10 picks. Don't try to sell him short. I am not a fan of his nor am I a fan of SD, but 10 picks dont just fall out of the sky. You have to earn them.
Meh there have been plenty of bum bum corner backs to get 8-9-10 picks in a season. (Deltha Oneal who i meantioned earlier is an example) Sometimes getting INT's is just luck plain and simple. But the kind of INT's that Cromartie gets are usually ones he has no business which makes his worth more. Its not like they threw the ball right to him he made alot of acrobatic catches on balls that wouldnt have been intercepted by a lot of CB's in the NFL.
a lot?
laugh.gif

you mean one. and a field goal return. ill even give him two since the one against culpepper was above average for a cb

Back
Top Bottom