NT explain to me your obsession with antonio cromartie

ok before you take my head off heres some background. i saw a lot of the chargers games last year. i attended three of them. now the dude is fast ill give himthat. but anyone that understands football can review his pics from last year and see that almost all of them were due to him being in the right place at theright time. im talking he was in a zone d and picked off grossly thrown balls. the indy one handed catch was nice for sure. and i think i saw one other onethat was good coverage. against kc i believe. but the rest were like a fluke to me. tips, underthrown balls, stuff like that. i honestly think theres no waythis guy comes anywhere close to 10 pics this year. and its not cause teams are gonna avoid him. they didnt avoid him all last year because his coverage skillsare average. a pic is a pic but to be hyping this dude up like hes a great corner is weird to me. they just fell into his hands almost every time.

ill even be honest and say im a raider fan. i despise charger fans (most) but i dont hate anyone on that team except merriman. i think LT is the best back inthe league by far and im not even mad when he tears our d up every year. so im not prejudiced on this one. so go ahead and enlighten me cause i think immissing something.
laugh.gif

10 picks is 10 picks and ont forget what he could do with the ball in his hands. All your picks aren't going to be in man to man defense.

I dont get to watch alot of charger games but the playoff game he read Brady well and ended up with a legit pick.

I'd want him on my team any day. The kid makes plays.

its a combination of 2 things...

1. its not just the picks rather the fact that he's a home run threat

2. most "fans" are just media parrots. don't really even formulate their own opinions

Originally Posted by Dam itz Lou

10 picks is 10 picks and ont forget what he could do with the ball in his hands. All your picks aren't going to be in man to man defense.

they are if you are an elite cb. zone is cool but he wasnt locking dudes down on press coverage or anything.

and i know you arent talking about the pic where brady threw it right to dude in the middle of the zone
laugh.gif
i dont even think he was covering anyone

He is a playmaker. He is supertalented and he does it with flash.

Regardless of how average his coverskills are dude has the talent and ability to be a special player. He might not be amazing as far as coverage yet (he isreally young) but his ten picks arent as hallow as Deltha O'neal's if you get my drift.
pimp.gif

Alot of players are in the right place at the right time and they dont get ten picks because they do not have the ball skills he has.

Alot of players are in the right place at the right time and they dont get ten picks because they do not have the ball skills he has.
very true.
His skills will only get better. He has enough speed that he can recover quickly out of bad positions and get where he needs to be.
The downside is with those gifts it's very easy to take for granted that you need to stay in a receiver's face. he may sag and start"baiting" quarterbacks to throw his way. But.... it worked for Deion Sanders. IMO, he will not get thrown to this season.
We may think quarterbacks may test him, but in the film sessions, I guarantee they are being warned to make more cautious plays when making throws to his sideof the field.

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

its a combination of 2 things...

1. its not just the picks rather the fact that he's a home run threat

2. most "fans" are just media parrots. don't really even formulate their own opinions

http://niketalk.com/topic/14911

^ That's the Cromartie appreciation thread. Skim through.

If I had to break it down it'd be because:

1. The 3 weeks where he was tearin' it up. Settin' records, picks, fumble recoveries.
2. He's plain ol' fun to watch. All his picks are really improbable "
eek.gif
" type picks. Plus he will run it back from anywhere. He'll catch it in the back of the endzone and run it back even if all 11 of theother team was lined up Red Rover style.

And I don't think its an obsession on NT. He definitely doesn't get as much hype as others. And its not like its unwarranted anyway. For others itmight be because he plays for their team (Charger fans), an FSU boy (dre, Pharell for3), one of thier fav. players (KLJ).

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

So I guess Asante' Samuels INT's shouldn't count either since the Pats play Zone the majority of time right??

laugh.gif

Oh yeah

45e152b0af1c559fc7125e706bb7974e2d69ed4.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

37457.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I feel you. He also had the misfortune of being part of a defense that had A.P. run for 296 yards and 3 TDs on them Week 9
ohwell.gif

As a Chargers fan, it's a great feeling knowing that we have a super athletic corner that makes big plays.

I appreciate disgusting athleticism.

He has a nearly unprecedented combination of size and speed for a corner, and he knows how to utilize that. Once he learns how to be a football player,don't even try it.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

I appreciate disgusting athleticism.

He has a nearly unprecedented combination of size and speed for a corner, and he knows how to utilize that. Once he learns how to be a football player, don't even try it.

Word.

I mean, everyone knows he has major flaws (Footwork, hand placement, etc ) in his game and has a lot of improvements to make.

I just know that once he makes the necessary improvements....Its a WRAP for your favorite reciever....REGARDLESS of who he is....

Originally Posted by Tha Murdera 2001

isn't being in the right place at the right time a characteristic of being a good CB?
if you are in coverage yeah. if the ball happens to float your way, no

Originally Posted by dreClark

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

So I guess Asante' Samuels INT's shouldn't count either since the Pats play Zone the majority of time right??

laugh.gif

Oh yeah

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

37457.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

this is pretty much what i expected from a chargers fan right here. nothing wrong with zone. the dude just cant play man. and im not talking about samuel.
laugh.gif

You don't just happen to get in the right spot at the right time and be lucky enough to pick the ball off 10 times. It takes skill and knowledge to get 10picks. Don't try to sell him short. I am not a fan of his nor am I a fan of SD, but 10 picks dont just fall out of the sky. You have to earn them.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

Originally Posted by dreClark

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Oh yeah

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

37457.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

this is pretty much what i expected from a chargers fan right here. nothing wrong with zone. the dude just cant play man. and im not talking about samuel.
laugh.gif
Well seeing as man coverage is becoming less and less useful and it is becoming a zone league. How much does that really hurt him?

There are very few shut down man free corners in the NFL him not being one of them doesnt hurt him that much in my opinion. He isnt top tier but he is rightunder that what else do you want from a second year player? People see his potential its not like he is Anthony Henry getting 10 picks. I dont even understandwhat you are arguing.

Ronde Barber and Asante Samuel is a perfect example of why being a shutdown man corner isnt the only thing that makes a good CB. Shoot one of the best mancorners in the NFL (Al Harris) gets very little props for that it goes both ways my dude.

You don't just happen to get in the right spot at the right time and be lucky enough to pick the ball off 10 times. It takes skill and knowledge to get 10 picks. Don't try to sell him short. I am not a fan of his nor am I a fan of SD, but 10 picks dont just fall out of the sky. You have to earn them.
Meh there have been plenty of bum bum corner backs to get 8-9-10 picks in a season. (Deltha Oneal who i meantioned earlier is an example)Sometimes getting INT's is just luck plain and simple. But the kind of INT's that Cromartie gets are usually ones he has no business which makes hisworth more. Its not like they threw the ball right to him he made alot of acrobatic catches on balls that wouldnt have been intercepted by a lot of CB's inthe NFL.

Back
Top Bottom