NT Grammar PSA: Worst =/= worse.

Worst = bad or ill in the highest, greatest, or most extreme degree. (Ex. Kwame Brown was the worst draft pick ever.)
Worse = bad or ill in a greater or higher degree. (Ex. I think Michael Olowakandi was worse.)

There's a difference. I don't understand how you people can mix them up. They don't even sound right when used improperly.

[/PSA]

I haven't seen anyone from TGP lately. I would send in an application if I could, though. I've posted at least 3-4 grammar PSAs on NT.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

oh my god the misuse of those words irks the hell out of me
smh.gif

especially when theres the people that do it on purpose, thinking theyre cool for doing it
smh.gif

Honestly people create the meanings of words. Given time all language is basically slang. I'm actually not that bad at grammar, not great but not bad and Iknow more rules that aren't in use and no one here would care about id est, that which = what. ;= conjunction it replaces "therefore" "leadsto" "and" and a whole laundry list of other conjunctions. "Per Se" means "of itself" but people use it horribly. I have beentaking Latin for the last three semesters and have two semesters left, and trust when I tell me you no one...NO ONE not even teachers follow all the rules sono need to trip. For example in that last sentence I left out a lot of relative and reflexive pronouns, turns out you don't really need them they are justthere for convention.One time I used the proper "that" for a restricted clause in a sentence and my English teacher told me that I should have used"by which" which isn't wrong because that is the way people speak; in writing it is something different. That is when I stop tripping aboutgrammar.

Back
Top Bottom