NT Help Me Get A Job At BestBuy

^cashier is probably the most boring department in the whole store.
everyone there in my store has been stuck for 2 years trying to transfer out but everyone new quits.

and from every manager ive talked to theyd rather not hire minors.
your availability will most likely suck because of school + labor laws.

and as far as the discount, for the most part it only applies to accessories + expensive ##% ***#.

laugh.gif
! you expecting to get paid being a cashier.

if your not Mobile or a manager.. you aint making no money @ BestBuy.

Had to leave them because they wanted me to go DOWN from $14 to $10. When i should of been gettin a raise.
roll.gif

unemployment ftw.

Originally Posted by JordanPP30

Had to leave them because they wanted me to go DOWN from $14 to $10. When i should of been gettin a raise.
roll.gif
Deeeeim
laugh.gif

im at $12.51 right now but im workin on a transfer hopefully they dont make me take a cut when i transfer in.

btw install autotechs make bank too, but its been hard as hella tryna find a store to let me install.
laugh.gif
mad.gif

There is no such thing as in person hiring. You have to apply online and then they review your application and give you a call. They schedule you for aninterview and then if you do well, you get another interview with the general manager.

Trust me, I worked at best buy.

Yeah... due to the changes they cut a lot of people's pay...

Didn't effect me.. but had of.. .I don't think I would have left unless I had something else lined up

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Originally Posted by eight2one

i would wanna work there just to bone my female co-workers!

IDK how the BBY is around your area... but the store I work at we have hardly any female workers other than cashiers... and they arent that great looking
laugh.gif
well i dont know what it is but i just wanna smash them and their khaki pants, and blue polo while i have on my

aj14_lo_blue.jpg

Originally Posted by hassan16

I know a lot of 16 year olds who work at BestBuy and who used to work at Circuit City. All oyu need is a worker's permit and I don't even need one of those anymore.

Plus I've already been working at Subway and North Carolina Central University so I think I'm good to go.

***EDIT***

Post #711 = 7-11 Convenience Stores.
eek.gif
This must've been a sign pointing towards myself applying there.
pimp.gif

i mean you are paki, right?
tongue.gif

OK so before this thread fills up with repetitive comments of going to their website and clicking "Careers", fear not for I have already done so. I want to know if BestBuy hires in person. I went their recently and asked a worker in the front and he told me that BestBuy only does online hiring, but I think he was just having a bad day.

So to keep it simple, if anyone on NT has ever worked at BestBuy, could you tell me how you got the job? I want to separate myself from other applicants being that I'm only 16. I thought if there was a such thing as a manager who specialized in specifically "hiring" then I could sell myself to them and secure a job in person. Can anybody help?
Wear suit.
Come with a resume and references

Originally Posted by da703trailblaza

I know a lot of 16 year olds who work at BestBuy and who used to work at Circuit City. All oyu need is a worker's permit and I don't even need one of those anymore.

Plus I've already been working at Subway and North Carolina Central University so I think I'm good to go.

***EDIT***

Post #711 = 7-11 Convenience Stores.
eek.gif
This must've been a sign pointing towards myself applying there.
pimp.gif

i mean you are paki, right?
tongue.gif

indifferent.gif

j/k
roll.gif

i got this job when i was 18 if that matters.

but i had 2 years of retail experience plus about 7 months of management experience.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

and i was sorta recruited by one of the hiring supervisors.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by the north west

they don't hire your kind

Wrong. They used to not hire his kind. Now with this recession, and restructure BBY is looking for cheap labor too....so i say go to BBY look for theOperations Mgr...tell he/she(most likely a she) you love to work with people and tell them you think cashiers are the most important employee in the storebecause they are the last ppl that have contact with the customer and you will make sure that every single person you interact with will have a positiveexpierence.... And and telling them all you want is minimum wage wont hurt..... *when you get the job, let me know...

I heard the workers get mad discounts plus the hours are flexible and that's good because I got school coming up.

You'll end up spending your money there
laugh.gif
Forget that. Just befriendsomeone from there.

I'm banned from the instrument section at the Best Buy around my way....the employee was trying to sell a kid some wack parts for his guitar that wereWAY over priced...I walked up to them and schooled the employee and told the kid about the parts he should get that are better and more affordable.

I expected to get hired on the spot and get thanked....instead I got a "Get out of here and don't come back to this section."
tired.gif

Like mentioned before, you can only apply online. When I was 17 I applied in early May. Didn't get a call back until mid June. Did the interview and itseemed like I did well. Did hear back until the beginning of August when they called and asked if I was still looking for a job. They said they had no recordof the original interview... if that was true... Anywho, did the first interview and made it to the second round. Interviewed with the GM and got the job. Asfar as pay goes, when they asked how much I expected in the application, I said $1 over minimum wage, ended up getting $.45 over. As for the age, there were 16year olds at my store. As for being a cashier, it's the worst job in the store. Have fun pushing credit cards, reward zone cards, warranties, those damnsurveys on the receipt, a bag, for each transaction, and still tell them to have a nice day. Working there is fine for a minute, but it really sucks in theend. I chose to take classes this summer instead of going back because it was so horrible. The discount is nearly worth it though.
Good luck sucka.

Back
Top Bottom