NT, help me pick out classes for College

Gen Eds first semester for sure, since you have to do those anyway and it might open up your mind to other things as well

Look over the classes that are required for your major and take the necessary pre-reqs your first year so that you never find yourself caught in a scheduling problem. General Biology is a must for your first semester if you didn't transfer over any AP credits. As mentioned before, speak with your academic adviser and don't be afraid to ask stupid questions.

Look over the classes that are required for your major and take the necessary pre-reqs your first year so that you never find yourself caught in a scheduling problem. General Biology is a must for your first semester if you didn't transfer over any AP credits. As mentioned before, speak with your academic adviser and don't be afraid to ask stupid questions.

I'd say a math class, an english class and maybe a chemistry class if needed to take biology. I don't recommend taking all the easy classes first because you kinda need an easy class to go with a few hard ones.

I'd say a math class, an english class and maybe a chemistry class if needed to take biology. I don't recommend taking all the easy classes first because you kinda need an easy class to go with a few hard ones.

thanks for the help fam
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by theone218

Originally Posted by GreyFoxx

see youre academic advisor, theyll help you pick out classes you need for your major and plan it out. i saw mine earlier today/yesterday
this for sure
x2. they explain to you what classes need to be fulfilled by your major. i would get rid of the pre-requisites first. They a pain

Originally Posted by theone218

Originally Posted by GreyFoxx

see youre academic advisor, theyll help you pick out classes you need for your major and plan it out. i saw mine earlier today/yesterday
this for sure
x2. they explain to you what classes need to be fulfilled by your major. i would get rid of the pre-requisites first. They a pain

Originally Posted by KRS87

^ Biology

I was a bio major as well
pimp.gif
, you can't go wrong with these after you take your intro general bio course although they can be pretty challenging...

Biochem, Molecular bio/Genetics, Physiology, Cell bio, Neurobiology, Microbiology and an Animal Behavior course.

Assuming you're taking a liberal arts curriculum, you should look into taking some language course...my school's requirement for this was extensive almost ended up double majoring in spanish. Also take an anthropology and a world (preferably non-European) history course.

Or if you care about your GPA just take American studies or sociology.

Originally Posted by KRS87

^ Biology

I was a bio major as well
pimp.gif
, you can't go wrong with these after you take your intro general bio course although they can be pretty challenging...

Biochem, Molecular bio/Genetics, Physiology, Cell bio, Neurobiology, Microbiology and an Animal Behavior course.

Assuming you're taking a liberal arts curriculum, you should look into taking some language course...my school's requirement for this was extensive almost ended up double majoring in spanish. Also take an anthropology and a world (preferably non-European) history course.

Or if you care about your GPA just take American studies or sociology.

Originally Posted by nublee

Also look at lass Syllabi for general classes.  You don't want to take a hard history class that makes you write a ton of papers when you could have gotten one that does multiple choice.  If you get the right professors, you can really boost your gpa imo because once you take your required/major-related classes, they are pretty much standardized.

Originally Posted by nublee

Also look at lass Syllabi for general classes.  You don't want to take a hard history class that makes you write a ton of papers when you could have gotten one that does multiple choice.  If you get the right professors, you can really boost your gpa imo because once you take your required/major-related classes, they are pretty much standardized.

Some good advice in here. I would recommend taking general ed. classes for the first year, just like what other people said
laugh.gif

Some good advice in here. I would recommend taking general ed. classes for the first year, just like what other people said
laugh.gif

General ed/pre-req classes..

Philosophy & Psychology are two very interesting subjects..I'm sure you'll need a class from one if not both anyway for general ed.

General ed/pre-req classes..

Philosophy & Psychology are two very interesting subjects..I'm sure you'll need a class from one if not both anyway for general ed.

Back
Top Bottom