NT How do you handle pressure? vol. William Foster and Patrick Bateman

Spoiler [+]
NT, by nature I'm a collected, charismatic, intelligent, insightful and funny individual.

I used to have a rage issue as a kid, like EXTREME unhealthy rage...As appointed by the

state I successfully completed 2 years of extensive anger management therapy  last year.

I've quit smoking in 2008, haven't had a physical altercation in over a year.

I try to refrain from interacting with people who might trigger this rage...I'm a very healthy 6'9" 280 and bench press 320 pounds.

Now on facebook a few relatives are testing me, real life clerks at the store ( I have a business credit card they don't believe is mines)
, young punks who get testy (rapping Jeezy at me, ice grilling etc.)
My older brother (I'm staying at one of my mom's houses for 3 weeks until I move out of state)
He keeps putting my stuff in the basement and shifting around my school papers for this semester
talking about "he wants a clean house"...I'm like DUDE you 34 and LIVE AT HOME!
indifferent.gif
mad.gif

Not to mention my divorce where my wife wants to be cute and get the kids when she knows she cant, I have custody.
I'm trying get things in order for this move which is very expensive and time consuming, switching schools, and work
etc. it's a big risk!

My eye is starting twitch uncontrollably, but " according to anger management" I have to identify the faces of anger
and compartmentalize them to be dealt with. I feel like Tony Soprano when he said it's just easier to bash someone's
head in to communicate.

Cliffnotes, life got me walking around like this ready to bash someone's head in:
av0rkn.jpg

Spoiler [+]
NT, by nature I'm a collected, charismatic, intelligent, insightful and funny individual.

I used to have a rage issue as a kid, like EXTREME unhealthy rage...As appointed by the

state I successfully completed 2 years of extensive anger management therapy  last year.

I've quit smoking in 2008, haven't had a physical altercation in over a year.

I try to refrain from interacting with people who might trigger this rage...I'm a very healthy 6'9" 280 and bench press 320 pounds.

Now on facebook a few relatives are testing me, real life clerks at the store ( I have a business credit card they don't believe is mines)
, young punks who get testy (rapping Jeezy at me, ice grilling etc.)
My older brother (I'm staying at one of my mom's houses for 3 weeks until I move out of state)
He keeps putting my stuff in the basement and shifting around my school papers for this semester
talking about "he wants a clean house"...I'm like DUDE you 34 and LIVE AT HOME!
indifferent.gif
mad.gif

Not to mention my divorce where my wife wants to be cute and get the kids when she knows she cant, I have custody.
I'm trying get things in order for this move which is very expensive and time consuming, switching schools, and work
etc. it's a big risk!

My eye is starting twitch uncontrollably, but " according to anger management" I have to identify the faces of anger
and compartmentalize them to be dealt with. I feel like Tony Soprano when he said it's just easier to bash someone's
head in to communicate.

Cliffnotes, life got me walking around like this ready to bash someone's head in:
av0rkn.jpg

goddamn i mean i can easily outbench you but you would destroy me at that size

how do people even "ice grill" or try to pick fights with you? serious question........cuz who tries to fight someone that big?

anyway.......find an outlet for your anger? i dunno man. everyone gets angry when they're in very stressful situations/points in their lives. you just gotta work through it and things will eventually get better.

goddamn i mean i can easily outbench you but you would destroy me at that size

how do people even "ice grill" or try to pick fights with you? serious question........cuz who tries to fight someone that big?

anyway.......find an outlet for your anger? i dunno man. everyone gets angry when they're in very stressful situations/points in their lives. you just gotta work through it and things will eventually get better.

i'd rather have rage issues and be overly agressive than be a pushover.

i think girls like it too.

unfortunately, i'm a moderately tempered person, so i always have to make the decision to snap on someone, meaning i have to always make sure i snap first in a physical altercation. when you have to make the decision you have that much less of an advantage over the overly agressive dude with no impulse control.

i am by no means a pushover or weak, but sometimes i wish i were the type to always be working out and looking for fights and such, especially since i'm black. it seems like those guys generally have an easier negotiation with the world. people treat em better and girls like them no matter how they treat them. the only downfall is the poor decision making skills.

i'd rather have rage issues and be overly agressive than be a pushover.

i think girls like it too.

unfortunately, i'm a moderately tempered person, so i always have to make the decision to snap on someone, meaning i have to always make sure i snap first in a physical altercation. when you have to make the decision you have that much less of an advantage over the overly agressive dude with no impulse control.

i am by no means a pushover or weak, but sometimes i wish i were the type to always be working out and looking for fights and such, especially since i'm black. it seems like those guys generally have an easier negotiation with the world. people treat em better and girls like them no matter how they treat them. the only downfall is the poor decision making skills.

Im a pretty chill dude by nature, I excel under pressure, so that doesnt bother me.

I do flip out at times though (think like once every year or two) but people dont wanna get in my way when I do. A drunk kid once spat on me at a frat party. Im in good shape but by no means the strongest, I just look like it, so I know if he wasnt wasted he wouldnt have come at me (skinny %*% 140 pound 5'11'' lookin boy). I got so mad though cuz he had been provoking me all night, I hit him with a aymaker to the jaw and as he was falling kicked him straight in the face. Funny thing is we were a few feet from the people and people just moved out the way and let him fall in. Im pretty sure I broke his nose cuz it was squirtin blood everywhere and the pool was lookin pretty nasty.

Within 2 minutes cop showed up because the neighbors had complained about noise and we just dipped, dunno what happened to him but I seen him around school and he pretends not to recognize me, but I catch him lookin my way every now and then so either he does remember or somebody told him it was me lol

Dunno, I went off on a tangent, OP wrap up your hands and go to town on a punching bag.

Im a pretty chill dude by nature, I excel under pressure, so that doesnt bother me.

I do flip out at times though (think like once every year or two) but people dont wanna get in my way when I do. A drunk kid once spat on me at a frat party. Im in good shape but by no means the strongest, I just look like it, so I know if he wasnt wasted he wouldnt have come at me (skinny %*% 140 pound 5'11'' lookin boy). I got so mad though cuz he had been provoking me all night, I hit him with a aymaker to the jaw and as he was falling kicked him straight in the face. Funny thing is we were a few feet from the people and people just moved out the way and let him fall in. Im pretty sure I broke his nose cuz it was squirtin blood everywhere and the pool was lookin pretty nasty.

Within 2 minutes cop showed up because the neighbors had complained about noise and we just dipped, dunno what happened to him but I seen him around school and he pretends not to recognize me, but I catch him lookin my way every now and then so either he does remember or somebody told him it was me lol

Dunno, I went off on a tangent, OP wrap up your hands and go to town on a punching bag.

High pressure situations or anger?  Two different things. Seems like you're describing anger. 
When it comes to high pressure situations you just have to remain calm and map your objectives. It sounds corny but it's true. Remain calm and have enough confidence that you have the skills necessary to work through the situation/ task. If you don't then the task becomes looking for those that do have those skills and can assist you. 

I'm irritated by people who don't remain calm in high pressure situations because they just become obstacles to getting things done. There are a few people at work who start to mimic headless chickens when the pressure gets turned up. 

High pressure situations or anger?  Two different things. Seems like you're describing anger. 
When it comes to high pressure situations you just have to remain calm and map your objectives. It sounds corny but it's true. Remain calm and have enough confidence that you have the skills necessary to work through the situation/ task. If you don't then the task becomes looking for those that do have those skills and can assist you. 

I'm irritated by people who don't remain calm in high pressure situations because they just become obstacles to getting things done. There are a few people at work who start to mimic headless chickens when the pressure gets turned up. 

I'm chill also. If things start to get testy, I'll usually just put on some music and kick back. If things get out of control, I'll usually get pissed for a minute, start yelling and throwing stuff, then calm down after a couple minutes.

I'm chill also. If things start to get testy, I'll usually just put on some music and kick back. If things get out of control, I'll usually get pissed for a minute, start yelling and throwing stuff, then calm down after a couple minutes.

With me before a test or something important I freak out every time, but I always pull it off. I just think im scared that one time I won't be able to pull it off

With me before a test or something important I freak out every time, but I always pull it off. I just think im scared that one time I won't be able to pull it off

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Hell yea you did dude. You made me forget what the hell this topic was about for a minute. But good story though.

Anywho, I feel you OP. Im being tested OD lately but I have done anything crazy...YET. Im a cool tempered dude, never had a physical altercation, rarely get into shouting matches but as of late I feel as though my calm demeanor is headed out the window in a hurry.

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Hell yea you did dude. You made me forget what the hell this topic was about for a minute. But good story though.

Anywho, I feel you OP. Im being tested OD lately but I have done anything crazy...YET. Im a cool tempered dude, never had a physical altercation, rarely get into shouting matches but as of late I feel as though my calm demeanor is headed out the window in a hurry.

Got into a fight with my brother a few hours ago, said some things that can't be taken back 
30t6p3b.gif
, hate when that happens

Back
Top Bottom