NT, how the hell is S.A. Spurs THIS good?

theyll prolly shut down duncan and manu once the post-season approaches, so no, i dont think so

didnt expect them to be 1st though

Originally Posted by EkinKlat

Could they challenge the Bulls record?
b1e35e2545af7bf2e7ea60829c25d755ec554bb_r.gif

theyll prolly shut down duncan and manu once the post-season approaches, so no, i dont think so

didnt expect them to be 1st though

They flop more than any team in history. It's not just Manu, the whole squad. ANd they play great help defense, points in the game they literally had 4 guys around KD with the 5th still in help position and force the ball out of his hands then everyone gets back to their man, forces you into the help. Plus, it's a terrible matchup. Thunder are 2nd or 1st (it's fractions of pts) in the league along with Denver at getting to the ft lines, 31 per, because everybody drives, posts, and forces the issue. Again, the Spurs draw charges. Russell Westbrook especially found himself just getting called for offensive fouls all night because he can get by anybody but it's always 2 or 3 more guys right behind that initial defender and in the paint. Splitter is trash though, just charmin soft.

They flop more than any team in history. It's not just Manu, the whole squad. ANd they play great help defense, points in the game they literally had 4 guys around KD with the 5th still in help position and force the ball out of his hands then everyone gets back to their man, forces you into the help. Plus, it's a terrible matchup. Thunder are 2nd or 1st (it's fractions of pts) in the league along with Denver at getting to the ft lines, 31 per, because everybody drives, posts, and forces the issue. Again, the Spurs draw charges. Russell Westbrook especially found himself just getting called for offensive fouls all night because he can get by anybody but it's always 2 or 3 more guys right behind that initial defender and in the paint. Splitter is trash though, just charmin soft.

Why is there such high praise for Thiago Splitter? someone fill me in, I know nothing about this guy.

Why is there such high praise for Thiago Splitter? someone fill me in, I know nothing about this guy.

SA will definitely not reach that mark, nor even five games close. Teams usually relax more after the All Star break if their records are good enough to secure them the number one seed comes playoff time. The 72-10 Bulls started out 40-3, while Spurs have already lost four games, expect them to lose at least two more before the break.This Spurs team has started off very similarly to the '05-'06 Pistons.

SA will definitely not reach that mark, nor even five games close. Teams usually relax more after the All Star break if their records are good enough to secure them the number one seed comes playoff time. The 72-10 Bulls started out 40-3, while Spurs have already lost four games, expect them to lose at least two more before the break.This Spurs team has started off very similarly to the '05-'06 Pistons.

-First, I don't think the spurs will beat the record but it would be nice.

-Like someone said above we are healthy which is important

-We had nice pickups this offseason like Neal, Anderson, and Splitter

-Pop finally learned that when you play a small ball you need a offensive mentality and it looks like it's working right now

-Our defence progressed from mediocre at the beginning of the season to somewhat good. Honestly it's mainly more smart team defence because we have no true "lockdown" defender.

-Splitter was hyped up because he was great player in Europe. Last season our biggest roster gap was a true big man next to Duncan and a lot of spurs fans believe Splitter can be that solid big man. Honestly he's a smart defender and knows he doesn't have strength to matchup with some big men in the league so he flops. But he does that against smaller players also. lol. Reason why he is not doing as good as what many spurs fans and others thought he would be at this point is because he got injured before the season and his playing time was reduced at the beginning of the season. But since we have had this nice run Pop doesnt want to mess it up by trying to force Splitter into the lineup so that's why he mainly plays during garbage time. From watching him he does have some nice post moves but he can be erratic at times. But honestly he really needs more playing time and just learn the system.

-First, I don't think the spurs will beat the record but it would be nice.

-Like someone said above we are healthy which is important

-We had nice pickups this offseason like Neal, Anderson, and Splitter

-Pop finally learned that when you play a small ball you need a offensive mentality and it looks like it's working right now

-Our defence progressed from mediocre at the beginning of the season to somewhat good. Honestly it's mainly more smart team defence because we have no true "lockdown" defender.

-Splitter was hyped up because he was great player in Europe. Last season our biggest roster gap was a true big man next to Duncan and a lot of spurs fans believe Splitter can be that solid big man. Honestly he's a smart defender and knows he doesn't have strength to matchup with some big men in the league so he flops. But he does that against smaller players also. lol. Reason why he is not doing as good as what many spurs fans and others thought he would be at this point is because he got injured before the season and his playing time was reduced at the beginning of the season. But since we have had this nice run Pop doesnt want to mess it up by trying to force Splitter into the lineup so that's why he mainly plays during garbage time. From watching him he does have some nice post moves but he can be erratic at times. But honestly he really needs more playing time and just learn the system.

I'll be curious to see if they can fast break in the playoffs as much as they do right now.

I'll be curious to see if they can fast break in the playoffs as much as they do right now.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Dude literally was trying to shoot full jumpshots from 0 ft, where 90% of 7 footers would dunk and even my fat 5'11 %*@ would deliver a quick slap glass. Ibaka was just throwing them $*#!*. He goes up so soft and slow around the basket it's ridiculous. Bonner is underrated though. People assume he just catches and shoots like most players of his ilk, but he can actually put it on the floor off a solid lift fake and drive for a floater or make the pass and is a legit help defender i.e comes over and draws charges

Dude literally was trying to shoot full jumpshots from 0 ft, where 90% of 7 footers would dunk and even my fat 5'11 %*@ would deliver a quick slap glass. Ibaka was just throwing them $*#!*. He goes up so soft and slow around the basket it's ridiculous. Bonner is underrated though. People assume he just catches and shoots like most players of his ilk, but he can actually put it on the floor off a solid lift fake and drive for a floater or make the pass and is a legit help defender i.e comes over and draws charges

The Spurs aren't breaking the Bulls' record. They'll start resting Duncan and Ginobli for the playoffs and give up a handful of games at the end of the season. The most important thing about that Bulls season was that Jordan was responsible for a number of wins in the second game of back-to-backs that most teams typically mail in. That's why they won 72 games.

The Spurs aren't breaking the Bulls' record. They'll start resting Duncan and Ginobli for the playoffs and give up a handful of games at the end of the season. The most important thing about that Bulls season was that Jordan was responsible for a number of wins in the second game of back-to-backs that most teams typically mail in. That's why they won 72 games.

6'10 athletic power forward with advanced low post skills and excellent court vision, plus he's also a very good defender and shot blocker.

Only problem is he's a mediocre rebounder, something that pops does not tolarate, hence the limited minutes he's gotten he's also a pretty terrible shooter.

6'10 athletic power forward with advanced low post skills and excellent court vision, plus he's also a very good defender and shot blocker.

Only problem is he's a mediocre rebounder, something that pops does not tolarate, hence the limited minutes he's gotten he's also a pretty terrible shooter.

Back
Top Bottom