NT, I caught feelings and lost.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

like i said in another thread

experience is the greatest teacher.

But let me ask you this OP, why instead of you feeling like you messed up cuz you showed interest in the girl, should you not feel like "hey, I showed this girl that I was really feeling her and she couldn't handle what I had to give"

If this was a couple years ago alot of people like myself would have said that you didn't play the game right...but now I realize that this *@@% isn't a game at all.
Exactly.  I've done and seen a lot, including taking L's because of simpish activity.  We all do it at one time or another, so don't feel too bad.  Now, I feel like Grim; if I like a girl, I put it on the table.  I know that it might scare off girls, and it did a few months ago when I was talking to a college senior (I'm 28).  Still, I'm sure that the eventual "one" for me will appreciate that I wasn't scared to open myself up to being dissed/hurt, and my effort will pay off.  
If you're trying to get the box, ignore everything I just typed 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Originally Posted by KB8isCLUTCH

NO ONE in here is getting buns. NO ONE.
Before making my way into this thread...........No.

Anyway, yet another NTer checking into this thread with some relevant issues. Currently chilling with this chick who seems to be catching major feelings for me, and myself for her, but I won't let her know about that because of the muddled situation. I came into this with expectations of nothing more than a summer fling. You see, she has a bf already, I knew that, but she approached me. The hell I'm gonna say no to potential ({})? Anyway, it's a long distance relationship, but things are rocky. I've already been down this road talking to a chick at the end of a relationship, so I let it be known that I'm not going to be the rebound guy (at least in the traditional sense). I figured I would give shorty some space now, after the oh so common constant texts and chilling at every opportunity over the past 2 weeks. Yea, we've got tons in common, have enough differences to make things interesting, and really enjoy each others' company.

Is what I'm doing acceptable? Basically, I want shorty to make her decisions alone, without me constantly around her, so perhaps her judgment would be more sound. As for me, I caught feelings, but will get over it with another female on deck (not just a smash buddy, but someone I wanted to talk to and is available). Perhaps SHE should have been first, and I keep kicking myself for that, but the other one was more aggressive and actually approached me, as I already stated.
What part of the game is that?  Don't get at another man's girl. 

Anyway, yet another NTer checking into this thread with some relevant issues. Currently chilling with this chick who seems to be catching major feelings for me, and myself for her, but I won't let her know about that because of the muddled situation. I came into this with expectations of nothing more than a summer fling. You see, she has a bf already, I knew that, but she approached me. The hell I'm gonna say no to potential ({})? Anyway, it's a long distance relationship, but things are rocky. I've already been down this road talking to a chick at the end of a relationship, so I let it be known that I'm not going to be the rebound guy (at least in the traditional sense). I figured I would give shorty some space now, after the oh so common constant texts and chilling at every opportunity over the past 2 weeks. Yea, we've got tons in common, have enough differences to make things interesting, and really enjoy each others' company.

Is what I'm doing acceptable? Basically, I want shorty to make her decisions alone, without me constantly around her, so perhaps her judgment would be more sound. As for me, I caught feelings, but will get over it with another female on deck (not just a smash buddy, but someone I wanted to talk to and is available). Perhaps SHE should have been first, and I keep kicking myself for that, but the other one was more aggressive and actually approached me, as I already stated.

I i've been feeling this chick I work with but she's been giving me mixed signals, i worked with the her today, and kept it cool straight work only convo, by the time lunch hit today she was asking other girls at work why I wasn't talking to her and that she likes me etc.

Moral of the story, when women are sending you mixed signals IGNORE THEY $*%,

I i've been feeling this chick I work with but she's been giving me mixed signals, i worked with the her today, and kept it cool straight work only convo, by the time lunch hit today she was asking other girls at work why I wasn't talking to her and that she likes me etc.

Moral of the story, when women are sending you mixed signals IGNORE THEY $*%,

Originally Posted by Dr Mantis Toboggan

Even if she made all the advancements?

Even if she made all the advancements?

But let me ask you this OP, why instead of you feeling like you messed up cuz you showed interest in the girl, should you not feel like "hey, I showed this girl that I was really feeling her and she couldn't handle what I had to give"

If this was a couple years ago alot of people like myself would have said that you didn't play the game right...but now I realize that this *@@% isn't a game at all.
Exactly.  I've done and seen a lot, including taking L's because of simpish activity.  We all do it at one time or another, so don't feel too bad.  Now, I feel like Grim; if I like a girl, I put it on the table.  I know that it might scare off girls, and it did a few months ago when I was talking to a college senior (I'm 28).  Still, I'm sure that the eventual "one" for me will appreciate that I wasn't scared to open myself up to being dissed/hurt, and my effort will pay off.  
laugh.gif
don't be an idiot bro. don't take that the wrong way, sometimes you just need to hear it like it is. if you really like a girl, keep it to yourself it's really none of her business. you thinking that "one" girl is gonna appreciate you for being wide open is pure stupidity. equal to a running back thinking "hey, if the defense knows I'm hurt maybe they won't tackle me so hard". plain and simple bro, it's just not gonna work and you've been watching too much tv, on the real. you're either gonna run them off, set yourself up to get played, or best case scenario is that she's really a good person and she will "tolerate" your emotions while her attraction for you drops. I don't know why it works like that but it is what it is and it's never gonna change. haven't you ever had a chick confess her love for you? it's kinda like someone telling you the end of a movie you just started watching, it just ruins everything. I mean what do you hope to gain from spilling your guts like that? I'm curious..

laugh.gif
don't be an idiot bro. don't take that the wrong way, sometimes you just need to hear it like it is. if you really like a girl, keep it to yourself it's really none of her business. you thinking that "one" girl is gonna appreciate you for being wide open is pure stupidity. equal to a running back thinking "hey, if the defense knows I'm hurt maybe they won't tackle me so hard". plain and simple bro, it's just not gonna work and you've been watching too much tv, on the real. you're either gonna run them off, set yourself up to get played, or best case scenario is that she's really a good person and she will "tolerate" your emotions while her attraction for you drops. I don't know why it works like that but it is what it is and it's never gonna change. haven't you ever had a chick confess her love for you? it's kinda like someone telling you the end of a movie you just started watching, it just ruins everything. I mean what do you hope to gain from spilling your guts like that? I'm curious..

Originally Posted by man listen

laugh.gif

Preach

laugh.gif

Preach

laugh.gif
I've scared off one girl, but it worked to land my last gf.  We dated for a year, but the LDR thing wasn't working for either one of us, so we broke it off.  Still, we're cool.
Different strokes.

laugh.gif
I've scared off one girl, but it worked to land my last gf.  We dated for a year, but the LDR thing wasn't working for either one of us, so we broke it off.  Still, we're cool.
Different strokes.

Im with Dr. Mantis on this one. Not all chicks will react how you want to honesty, but the right girl for you will.

Im with Dr. Mantis on this one. Not all chicks will react how you want to honesty, but the right girl for you will.

Back
Top Bottom