NT I got my (mormon) mission call today! vol. Lets be mature please

so you mean to tell me... GOD told some people, to tell YOU, to go HELP some people for FREE?!!?!?

that aint God bro. thats humans whoreing you out.

Congrats man.

One of my closest friends got his call to Panama City 3 months ago. He's only been at the MTC for 2 months in Utah but he's said he's a lot closer to God and he's really enjoying himself.

Originally Posted by Club29

Originally Posted by sn00pee

cant lie, cant stand morons.

MASSIVE fail.
HS4OW.gif

a friend of mine got sent to hawaii only problem is he quit school for a while and regret it.

Originally Posted by SaintVitus07

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Originally Posted by KatieJade4

Hit me up and I'll tell you where to go when you get thereeee!

Girl he ain't going out
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Dude is Mormon. It's not like he's going out clubbing every weekend.

I hear Pittsburgh is actually pretty cool, though, especially for college-aged people who can drink and don't have a 10 o'clock curfew. For a while I thought about applying to law school there but decided to stay in CA.

I didnt mean places to go out. Just things to check out and places to eat.

OP are you gonna have to find a job or something there? Since you arent getting paid for your mission?

I was watching a show on NatGeo yesterday about "a fundamentalist Mormon polygamist community in Bountiful, British Columbia, that includes his 20-some wives and more than 100 children. Winston, like all who practice "the principle," believes that plural marriage and siring dozens of children will help guarantee his entrance into the highest of Heavens." It was interesting because it was all so ridiculous.

Originally Posted by JStunn197

I was watching a show on NatGeo yesterday about "a fundamentalist Mormon polygamist community in Bountiful, British Columbia, that includes his 20-some wives and more than 100 children. Winston, like all who practice "the principle," believes that plural marriage and siring dozens of children will help guarantee his entrance into the highest of Heavens." It was interesting because it was all so ridiculous.

You do realize the vast majority of Mormons are against polygamy, right? OP and this thread have nothing to do with that.

As for the not getting paid thing, the church houses you along with other missionaries at some center in Pittsburgh, correct? So you don't have to pay for rent or food?

You guys are crazy. My brother went to Pitt and I absolutely hate that place. Does the sun even shine there?
Worst big city I have been to in the East Coast.

Shoot if my mission was in Fiji or South Africa, don't know if I would spread any knowledge. Prolly would just enjoy the trip and tell em I tried my hardest.

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

door to door 6 days a week for two years
laugh.gif
eek.gif
    on your own dime?  Your a stronger man than I am. Wow that actually makes me feel fine being without a religion if it can do this to someone. Son what if you die and theres nothing. No more thoughts. No more soul.  At least you lived morally right?
frown.gif

I have a mormon friend and he's cool, just a normal guy.

But honestly, I think missions are OD. If you born in any other home, you wouldn't believe or do this.

Why not think on your own and incorporate your own beliefs? Do you really believe you should go door to door for 2 years? Of course not.

Not trying to stir anything up, just wondering.

Dang this blew up while i was at work
laugh.gif

But whoever asked if i was looking for a job, no i'm gonna be a full-time missionary so i won't need to be working at a job

And its not door-to-door, all day everyday, the door-to-door is what happens when they have no other appointments or things goin on, kinda like a way to not waste time.

Something doesn't sit right with me about the origins of the Mormon book. Just saying *Kanye shrug*

but good luck OP

Back
Top Bottom