NT I present my business plan

Originally Posted by sauuceking

I see know one using this service.

laugh.gif
@ "know"

many people are going to fraud over these auctions

how are you going to prevent this from happening?

lol. i was expecting a legitimate business plan that's professionally written.

can never expect much from NT though.

Originally Posted by dead in 09

Originally Posted by paliplaya2010

me and a buddy have decided to make a website kinda like ebay and craigslist. the thing is we wont have any fees like ebay does but there will be auction and buy it now. i know alot of people are getting tired of ebays monopolies and we decided to do this. for about the 1st 6 months we'll introduce the site with know fees, if it goes good we'll introduce fees for some side money. we will make a majority of the money off of the ads we run. what do u think. how much should i invest in this
you will fail miserably.

roll.gif
at this whole thread!
That is not even close to anything resembling a business plan my man! It is indeed a plan for failure though!

Originally Posted by jeff3424

it'll be tough to get ur name out there man
yea, it will be...

what i would suggest is that you focus in on a certain product (ie: shoes, high end clothes, etc.) and start with only having auctions for those...it will beeasier to attract people who are into that stuff that way...then if that works, expand from there.

Instead of making a non-helpful critical statement, I think you have to consider a few things.....

- Yahoo (auctions) tried to take market share from Ebay, and failed. They have top professionals working for them.
- Overstock, uBid, and the many sites out there with millions of dollars of VC funding with top professionals tried to take market share over eBay, andhasn't gone too far.

The whole advertisement model is tough; I am assuming you mean Google ad sense or having banner ads on your site. There are millions of affiliates sites andblogs that tries to do this, and maybe 1% succeed. Why would people visit your site? What content do you provide? What differentiates you from everyoneelse?

But given all that, unless you have a very unique proposition or can provide true "value" that Yahoo, overstock, and all these auction sites couldnot have provided, then I think it would be very very very very difficult.

People shop on Ebay because it is a top 5 ranked site in the world, it is one of the most recognized name/logo. It has fraud prevention system, it isintegrated with paypal which has value added services that protects buyers/sellers, it provides free tools (that they spend millions in developing) so thatsellers/buyers can have a better experience purchasing products. It has a million other things that creates "value." Granted, eBay is not perfect,but everyday there are millions of people buying/selling there for a reason. It adds value.

But if you are still interested in this business venture, you should be able to answer these questions:

1.) How large is the market that you are trying to attack? Talk in numbers, specify the demographic, age, type, personality
2.) Who are your customers?
3.) What is your value proposition? (Basically, what do you bring to the table)
4.) How can you differentiate yourself? Assuming your budget is not in the millions. How will you be able to create services that people can actually have agood place to buy/sell their products

A business is great man. Don't give up. But at the same time be realistic. A lot of these companies that people hate (Ebay, etc..) are run by some ofthe smartest people in the world. If you really believe in it, go for it.... whatever happens it'll be a good learning experience and that's part ofentrepreneurship.

there is already a site comin up that is doing just this

you can even import your existing ebay auctions for free

i use it to get CRAZY steals but i'm not gonna post it on NT til it blows

Originally Posted by krayzie41

Instead of making a non-helpful critical statement, I think you have to consider a few things.....

- Yahoo (auctions) tried to take market share from Ebay, and failed. They have top professionals working for them.
- Overstock, uBid, and the many sites out there with millions of dollars of VC funding with top professionals tried to take market share over eBay, and hasn't gone too far.

The whole advertisement model is tough; I am assuming you mean Google ad sense or having banner ads on your site. There are millions of affiliates sites and blogs that tries to do this, and maybe 1% succeed. Why would people visit your site? What content do you provide? What differentiates you from everyone else?

But given all that, unless you have a very unique proposition or can provide true "value" that Yahoo, overstock, and all these auction sites could not have provided, then I think it would be very very very very difficult.

People shop on Ebay because it is a top 5 ranked site in the world, it is one of the most recognized name/logo. It has fraud prevention system, it is integrated with paypal which has value added services that protects buyers/sellers, it provides free tools (that they spend millions in developing) so that sellers/buyers can have a better experience purchasing products. It has a million other things that creates "value." Granted, eBay is not perfect, but everyday there are millions of people buying/selling there for a reason. It adds value.

But if you are still interested in this business venture, you should be able to answer these questions:

1.) How large is the market that you are trying to attack? Talk in numbers, specify the demographic, age, type, personality
2.) Who are your customers?
3.) What is your value proposition? (Basically, what do you bring to the table)
4.) How can you differentiate yourself? Assuming your budget is not in the millions. How will you be able to create services that people can actually have a good place to buy/sell their products

A business is great man. Don't give up. But at the same time be realistic. A lot of these companies that people hate (Ebay, etc..) are run by some of the smartest people in the world. If you really believe in it, go for it.... whatever happens it'll be a good learning experience and that's part of entrepreneurship.
Great reply.

first off this isnt a business plan, second off there are sites like this, third off why would you challenge one of the biggest and most trafficked websitesits sure to fail

Why would I go to your website with less traffic, when I can go to eBay be insured and safe with paypal if I am buying, and lose like 5-15 dollars off sellingwith fees, when I am sure to get less money out of selling then if I use your site...

by the way ubid, ebid, and amazon auctions all exist..basically im not liking your chances

you dont challenge it, do you see other challengers to Mac and Windows doing anything, any challengers to Pepsi and Coke? A shoe only auction site might becool, potentially, small market, you would have to charge fee's but get a team of Niketalkers and stuff on there to do legit check's so people can onlybuy legit stuff no worrying with fakes...but then again thats like the Buy/Sell forum, I just dont see it working, you dont take on major corporations and win

Back
Top Bottom