NT: Is my Life Approach too extreme/a cop out?? Vo. M.O.B., isn't it?

Just go with the flow dont push women away because you think you suck and even if you do suck the female might think otherwise so just go with the flow op

Just go with the flow dont push women away because you think you suck and even if you do suck the female might think otherwise so just go with the flow op

Originally Posted by Trent Ferris

Yea I guess alot of it is my mindset. It's tough to get out of it, though.

Real talk the OP was kind of a question aimed at myself more than anything.

It's just really hard to not care about this stuff, when everyone I know is living life on another level.

Plus, everyday I wake up in a house that I hate living in, driving a car that i hate having. It's really hard for me to let go of material possession as a basis for one's self worth, and I honestly have no idea how to go about doing that.

I think it really comes down to me thinking too much and not just letting good things unfold, but I simply can't see how to let go/relax/stop thinking, when deep down I feel like this feeling of being less-than and needing to come up is what drives me to be a successful person. Like people tell me that I could have everything and still wouldn't be happy, and i kind of see that as a good thing because that means that I'll have that hunger that dies in alot of people after they feel they've made it.
Everyone you know might be on another level, but don't feel like you're at the bottom. You're not, because there are many other people with nothing even close to what you have. Take a look around and realize you are very fortunate to have a house, a family, a car, food, friends, education and a job. I said in my previous post that you're already better off than I am: you have a college education, a car, a job, I don't have any of that.

Material possession for one's self worth isn't about self-perception, it's about how you think others view you. You have a car that works, but you're not satisfied so you're probably worrying about how others judge you and your transportation. You'll let go of that when you realize that it doesn't matter what other people think, because it's you who has to live your life.

If things aren't going the way you want them to, you have to change it. Don't wait for someone else to do it, you have to take responsibility for that yourself. Just don't feel like you have it bad, because you don't. Not at all. I don't know where you live but where I'm from people are pretty damn rich and everyone's spoiled and chills and gets money and cars from their parents. I don't have time to complain and feel sorry for myself and I don't. Just because they got cars and cash and nice phones and stuff doesn't make them better off than me. Anyone who'd think that would be a fool.

And if you seriously hate your car, sell it to me. I'm looking for one.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Trent Ferris

Yea I guess alot of it is my mindset. It's tough to get out of it, though.

Real talk the OP was kind of a question aimed at myself more than anything.

It's just really hard to not care about this stuff, when everyone I know is living life on another level.

Plus, everyday I wake up in a house that I hate living in, driving a car that i hate having. It's really hard for me to let go of material possession as a basis for one's self worth, and I honestly have no idea how to go about doing that.

I think it really comes down to me thinking too much and not just letting good things unfold, but I simply can't see how to let go/relax/stop thinking, when deep down I feel like this feeling of being less-than and needing to come up is what drives me to be a successful person. Like people tell me that I could have everything and still wouldn't be happy, and i kind of see that as a good thing because that means that I'll have that hunger that dies in alot of people after they feel they've made it.
Everyone you know might be on another level, but don't feel like you're at the bottom. You're not, because there are many other people with nothing even close to what you have. Take a look around and realize you are very fortunate to have a house, a family, a car, food, friends, education and a job. I said in my previous post that you're already better off than I am: you have a college education, a car, a job, I don't have any of that.

Material possession for one's self worth isn't about self-perception, it's about how you think others view you. You have a car that works, but you're not satisfied so you're probably worrying about how others judge you and your transportation. You'll let go of that when you realize that it doesn't matter what other people think, because it's you who has to live your life.

If things aren't going the way you want them to, you have to change it. Don't wait for someone else to do it, you have to take responsibility for that yourself. Just don't feel like you have it bad, because you don't. Not at all. I don't know where you live but where I'm from people are pretty damn rich and everyone's spoiled and chills and gets money and cars from their parents. I don't have time to complain and feel sorry for myself and I don't. Just because they got cars and cash and nice phones and stuff doesn't make them better off than me. Anyone who'd think that would be a fool.

And if you seriously hate your car, sell it to me. I'm looking for one.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by CaBron James 23

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

If a chick won't mess with you because of the color of your room or because you drive a 98 Protege, thats not the type of chick you want to be with anyway. If you find a girl who see's your vision, is willing to stand by you through the tough times, and helps you achieve your goals... hold on to her. I would rather get with a woman like that then a woman who potentially wants to go along for the ride AFTER I've already gotten established.
this should be written in the bible.  Ive went through the hard times by myself and now I'm semi-established.  Feel like I can never really love a chick because she was never there for the rough times and now reaps all the benefits. How y'all feel about this?

Not there yet, but I'd assume it sucks. But what can you do about it? I get you though.

If a chick won't mess with you because of the color of your room or because you drive a 98 Protege, thats not the type of chick you want to be with anyway. If you find a girl who see's your vision, is willing to stand by you through the tough times, and helps you achieve your goals... hold on to her. I would rather get with a woman like that then a woman who potentially wants to go along for the ride AFTER I've already gotten established.
this should be written in the bible.  Ive went through the hard times by myself and now I'm semi-established.  Feel like I can never really love a chick because she was never there for the rough times and now reaps all the benefits. How y'all feel about this?

Not there yet, but I'd assume it sucks. But what can you do about it? I get you though.

i have a feeling this is gonna happen to me...i have no help right now

i have a feeling this is gonna happen to me...i have no help right now

man i feel you exactly OP its like when i had my car, my clothes, and money in my pocket nobody could tell me ishh, but when I f'd up and those things went away its like I did too. like i started to doubt myself

man i feel you exactly OP its like when i had my car, my clothes, and money in my pocket nobody could tell me ishh, but when I f'd up and those things went away its like I did too. like i started to doubt myself

You 23. You don't need a girl. You need girls, multiple. I think that's what your ppl (should've) meant, at least until your late 20s.

So don't let the idea of having a main consume your thoughts when you still trying to better your situation if you are in fact preparing for a relationship. How you living currently wouldn't stop you from smashing or baggin a good looking girl for a few months or so anyway but that mind frame rests on you.

You 23. You don't need a girl. You need girls, multiple. I think that's what your ppl (should've) meant, at least until your late 20s.

So don't let the idea of having a main consume your thoughts when you still trying to better your situation if you are in fact preparing for a relationship. How you living currently wouldn't stop you from smashing or baggin a good looking girl for a few months or so anyway but that mind frame rests on you.

Chicks are going or come your way regardless.

It's up to you to make moves or not. I don't see any harm in having a chick that likes you, and you smashing it whenever you want.

Don't even wife it, jus' keep her around for the poo-nan.

Chicks are going or come your way regardless.

It's up to you to make moves or not. I don't see any harm in having a chick that likes you, and you smashing it whenever you want.

Don't even wife it, jus' keep her around for the poo-nan.

you need to live life for the now, you are 23 dont waste your prime. You may graduate and still be in the same boat you are in now waiting for a good job and some money.

you need to live life for the now, you are 23 dont waste your prime. You may graduate and still be in the same boat you are in now waiting for a good job and some money.

It's not MOB if you aint getting any bread boss.

Anyway, stop stressing over these hos... it seems like you wanna get on your grind for some *#+#$%@ man stop that...

It's not MOB if you aint getting any bread boss.

Anyway, stop stressing over these hos... it seems like you wanna get on your grind for some *#+#$%@ man stop that...

No bro, your doing fine. You are trying to get your life in order and there is NOTHING wrong with that. DO NOT put YOUR life on hold for any chick. Its not worth it. 

Back
Top Bottom