NT!! ITS HAPPENING!!!!!!

Only in rap is something 20 years old expected to sound like it came out yesterday. Please give me the rap album of 1994 that does not sound "dated".

Jammed illmatic because of this thread..

It was cool to hear where many samples and songs came from...

But...

It was NOT as great as y'all are making it out to be.

FlyNY... I'm disappointed in you bro...

Thought you were going to be putting me on some greatness...

Damb album sounds dates as hell.
laugh.gif
Are you saying that before this thread you never once listened to Illmatic?

Snoop debut album dropped in 93 and can still be bumped, illmatic is a dated snooze fest that no one outside of ny cares about

Jay z > nause

Nas - The World Is Yours (produced by Pete Rock):

Nas - It Ain't Hard To Tell (produced by Large Professor):

I went back and listened to Illmatic because of this also...absolute great album. Paints the perfect picture of Quensbridge projects during that time period. It's like listening to a hood history channel movie.

I just don't care about other people's opinions, we all live in a different worlds, slander away, no need to get upset, just live and let live, you not liking it doesn't make me like it more or less.

'What you eat don't make me ish'

Oh, and discussing lyricism and posting lyrics is lame? That's like talking basketball and showing game film is lame...

Also, saying dudes like Nas ain't a legend is like saying dudes like Earl the Pearl Monroe aren't legends, Ronnie Lott isn't a legend, yea they ain't in the backroom VIP, but these cats are in the building.

Lil Wayne...gets my respect say what you want but Carter One was a classic and he had skills when he was in his prime, squad up, Carter 3, 504 boys.

I guess music means something different to me, like I hear a classic and it hits me, I feel the song. It's like a lesson in hip hop histoy, like watching a old clip on Espn Classic, the immaculate Reception, you finally see an historical moment in the history of the game. Or like watching Blazing Saddles and seeing a piece of comedic history, so engrained in the history of comedic films.

The fact that you guys have to "go back and listen to it"  says it all.

If you not rockin it most of the year for years and years then you probably never rocked it at all.

The wittiness, complexity and triple entendres in hovs rhymes on reasonable doubt are far superior to nas rhymes schemes on illmatic or anything he's ever done. That's why I don't get when people say jay is not lyrical or a better mc

Last edited:

who's "you guys" ?

Only 1 dude in here never listened to Illmatic, fam.

It's like you guys just found out Santa Claus isn't real or something. Do you honestly believe people still respect Nas' music like they used to 20 years ago?

Srs question.
If people use the word dated that means they haven't ever really bumped the album. How can you not respect Nas ?

Dmx fell off super hard. Don't mean his fans don't respect what he contributed to hiphop when he was poppin. Big Pun ain't hear no more are we gonnna forget about Captial Punishment ?

reasonable doubt was/is not even a top 5 album of 1996 so i dont know why yall keep bringing it up as an example

your argument would be way stronger using the black album or blueprint 

The wittiness, complexity and triple entendres in hovs rhymes on reasonable doubt are far superior to nas rhymes schemes on illmatic or anything he's ever done. That's why I don't get when people say jay is not lyrical or a better mc
You gotta compare It was Written since they dropped the same year. It was written > rd on every level.

Jay Z is great

definitely top 10 

but i could easily name 5 mcs that are better lyrically

They say it behind a computer screen. I'll tell Nas to his face that Jay is and always was a FAR better mc, and I almost guarantee you he won't know what to say(he'll probably bring up Illmatic and Illmatic only
laugh.gif
).

Nas puts together words/rhymes well in Illmatic, but Jay is very intelligent. Nas is just a regular street guy.

Jay's rhymes need to be dissected and analyzed to fully understand them. Nobody in the game has that ability IMO.
When you say MC, MC means bars. Jay could never touch Nas's subject matter.  List some Jay songs that are even near this level?

Blunt Ashes

Still Dreaming

We will Survive

Nas is Like

Ghetto Prisoners

Some of have Angels

Project Windows

Black Zombies

Purple

Brah y u still here posting. Just hop off.. Go outside smoke a fat l and then listen to illmatic.. Then ask yourself y you think jay z is a better rapper b. It's the message in nas's songs that make him so good srsss

What is this suppose to prove

because he said "triple entendre dont even ask me how" after a line that was actually a homophone

dude dont even know what he is talking about in reference to his own bars.

He has been serving yall lack luster bars for years 

"Was thought to be a pleasant guy all my ******* life
So now I'm down for whatever, ain't nothing nice
Throughout my junior high years it was all friendly
But now this higher learning got the Remy in me"

You have to really break that down to understand how sick that is

Exactly. But nobody is bumping his latest songs, fam. It's reality. Not sure why it's so hard to accept.

Like I said, him and his fans are holding on to his 15 minutes for dear life.
Nas's last two albums  Life is good, and collabo w/ Damian Marley. 

How is Distant Relatives not a classic?  Did you hear it?  It came out like 3 years ago.

Better subject matter is an opinion, I prefer the slick money talk over the false prophet talk

"Was thought to be a pleasant guy all my ******* life
So now I'm down for whatever, ain't nothing nice
Throughout my junior high years it was all friendly
But now this higher learning got the Remy in me"

You have to really break that down to understand how sick that is
No you have to break that down 

i read it at face value and understand every bar fully.

after listening to other rappers not just NaS 

jay aint that deep b

They say it behind a computer screen. I'll tell Nas to his face that Jay is and always was a FAR better mc, and I almost guarantee you he won't know what to say(he'll probably bring up Illmatic and Illmatic only :lol: ).
Nas puts together words/rhymes well in Illmatic, but Jay is very intelligent. Nas is just a regular street guy.

Jay's rhymes need to be dissected and analyzed to fully understand them. Nobody in the game has that ability IMO.

And here we got this dude swearing camel is better. How can you say he is more intelligent tho.
HAVE YOU EVER SAT DOWN AND HAD A 10 min convo with him? Have you ever meet jay z in real life? Pretty sure not so hop off bro srsly..
The difference between jay and nas is..
My son camel stay rapping to stay relevant. He is almost 40 with a daughter tamlbout bs he never does

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom