NT!! ITS HAPPENING!!!!!!

Do ya'll ever come up for air?

When are ya'll going to understand that this whole discussion is all a matter of personal opinion. Neither is really "better" than the other.

Last edited:

I can go on for pages. The guy is not human.
roll.gif

When are ya'll going to understand that this whole discussion is all a matter of personal opinion. Neither is really "better" than the other.

Yea but still nas is GOAT THO

Jay's rhymes need to be dissected and analyzed to fully understand them. Nobody in the game has that ability IMO.
Bold statement right there.  I can't argue with Jay's commercial success and longevity.  But when I think of complexity and intelligence of word play I think of guys like GZA, Aceyalone, and MF Doom, not Jay-Z.  

Both Jay and Nas have regressed, just like most music artists do as they age.  Both made it out of poverty and despair to become millionaires and highly respected in their fields.  Why can't we appreciate both for what they contributed to hip hop?  This back and forth is petty and nauseating. 

Jay's rhymes need to be dissected and analyzed to fully understand them. Nobody in the game has that ability IMO.

Bold statement right there.  I can't argue with Jay's commercial success and longevity.  But when I think of complexity and intelligence of word play I think of guys like GZA, Aceyalone, and MF Doom, not Jay-Z.  

Both Jay and Nas have regressed, just like most music artists do as they age.  Both made it out of poverty and despair to become millionaires and highly respected in their fields.  Why can't we appreciate both for what they contributed to hip hop?  This back and forth is petty and nauseating. 

this started out as a thread discussing the 20th anni of the illmatic

but at NT we can never have nice things and the disrespect ensued 

Don't even want to reply to this. With your logic, Nas isn't better than Ice JJ fish.

The only people throwing opinions out are Nas fans if you haven't noticed.

Son, if you haven't noticed, this is a Nas thread...

If "Bobby Random" feels like Ics JJ Fish is better than Nas, the ****, the ***** is better than Nas.

Last edited:
Dipset is no fight in this argument and I really mean it

Ilmatic is dope but what homie is telling y'all is that no one really cares that much about nas anymore. Mac miller is more popular than nas at this point :lol:

Dipset is no fight in this argument and I really mean it

Ilmatic is dope but what homie is telling y'all is that no one really cares that much about nas anymore. Mac miller is more popular than nas at this point
laugh.gif
The only people who care about popularity like rappers like Mac Miller. 
laugh.gif

Once dudes start getting personal it just makes their confidence in their arguments look that much weaker.

:lol:

I hate to say it, but it just makes them go below that other person they're trying to attack. Which is why I can't respect anybody who does. You've automatically stamped yourself with the "you're intimidating me, stop it."

Yawn.

From the moment I saw your first post in this thread, you've been on your knees bruh. The thread isn't even about Jay-Z but you came in here and found a golden opportunity to start the old "Jay-Z vs Nas" ****.

You lame, b. Seriously. Lame as hell. And I don't even like Nas more than Jay-Z. But dammit. You lame as hell.

You have this played out argument that you're trying to justify and its like, WHO CARES. The thread is about Nas man. Go start a blog or something. We don't care, b.

You're like one of those dudes who go into an Apple thread and talk about how great your android phone is. We don't care...

I'm not even going to sit here and talk music with you, because the **** is all opinionated, and because my main focus is how corny your trolling of this thread is.

Last edited:
"Jay's better"

"no Nas is better"

"no Jay is better for these reasons based on my opinion"

"no Nas is better for these reasons based on my opinion."

"you're an idiot"

"you're an idiot"

Like, I honestly wished he was a better rapper. It would be too dope to see Nas still making good music like he once did, but you have to be realistic. He had his moment, and now he's washed up.
That your opinion and i have no qualms with it because i also have my own.

Nas doesnt make good music anymore cool. 

But Jay Z does?

2 CHAAAIIINNNZ
What year did PAC become a thug again? Was it before or after he played bishop
laugh.gif
First Nas now Pac
mean.gif

"Jay's better"

"no Nas is better"

"you're an idiot"

"you're an idiot"
Isn't that how it always goes? That's why I try to avoid these things. No one ever wins.

"Jay's better"

"no Nas is better"

"you're an idiot"

"you're an idiot"

"A wise man once told me don't argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can't tell who is who"

Like, I honestly wished he was a better rapper. It would be too dope to see Nas still making good music like he once did, but you have to be realistic. He had his moment, and now he's washed up.
That your opinion and i have no qualms with it because i also have my own.

Nas doesnt make good music anymore cool. 

But Jay Z does?
http://www.ask.com/question/how-many-platinum-albums-does-jay-z-have

You didn't answer his question, though.

2 CHAAAIIINNNZ
What year did PAC become a thug again? Was it before or after he played bishop :lol:

i'm not getting your point. on 2 different occasions Pac addressed Thug Life by saying

"i'm not a thug because i wanna rob you and rape you, i'm a thug because i came from the

gutter and i'm still here."

then also thug life was The Hate U Give Little Infants ***** Everyone. So the thug thing

seemed true to him. he always said he tried selling drugs but it wasn't for him. and as

far as his court cases...they really happened and made his image that much more thuggish.

he never hid that he went to a fine arts school OR that he was the son of Black Panthers

and his mom was a fiend who moved him from one slum to another throughout the country.

even that interview from when he was a teen he was talking about corrupt cops, being a Panther's son,

etc. he even said "i never had a record until i made a record." i'd say he stayed pretty true to himself.

*shrugs* even his "thug" actions were just a matter of circumstance. he shot those cops because

they were beating a black dude. he fought the Hughes brothers because he was too quick to

get angry. and it's not like his message was that of a Chief Keef. he clearly wanted to change

the world, but struggled with his own bad decision making.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom