NT!! ITS HAPPENING!!!!!!

Get your life together
Illmatic is the essence of hip hop

Stop listening to that ratchet Molly turn up music and K-Camp and appreciate the roads that our forefathers laid for us to walk on.

Illmatic is the Declaration of Independence of hip hop. Listen to it and free yourself from the mental slavery that 2chainz has put you in

as you search through these threads you'll see i have never shown any affinity

for "molly turn up music" or 2 Chainz...clown. In regular rotation, I keep Pac, Outkast, R. Kelly, Toro y Moi, TDE, Marvin Gaye, Sleigh Bells, Dre & Snoop, Classic 50 Cent, amongst other stuff...

so like i said.....i love Memory Lane and Life's a ***** but will never play Illmatic....ever...**** your top 5. :rofl:

Last edited:
Jay and Nas will forever be synonymous with each other. Regardless of how we feel about both lets take time to acknowledge that we still have these two amazing artist still present and are reminded of how their music has impacted urban culture and urban youth especially late 80's and early 90's children...

But Nas got this locked since '91, he is the truest, name a rapper that he ain't influence >D

Jay and Nas will forever be synonymous with each other. Regardless of how we feel about both lets take time to acknowledge that we still have these two amazing artist still present and are reminded of how their music has impacted urban culture and urban youth especially late 80's and early 90's children...

But Nas got this locked since '91, he is the truest, name a rapper that he ain't influence >D

Nas is a hypocrite to the fullest, even the new school rappers call him out on his hypocrisy

I couldn't help but think that maybe I had made a mistake
I mean you made "you owe me" dog, I thought that you could relate - j cole

oh and Reasonable Doubt does indeed **** all on Illmatic :smokin

in my own personal opinion of course :wink:

Nas is a hypocrite to the fullest, even the new school rappers call him out on his hypocrisy

\

lol yea jcole same dude that said nas wrote the bible

HOW IS NAS A HYPOCRITE???
AND THAT J COLE LINE ISNT HIM CALLING NAS OUT..ITS REAL RECOGNIZING REAL.

YOU OWE ME WAS A CLASSIC
TELL ME ONE PARTY YOU BEEN TOO THAT WASNT PLAYING YOU OWE ME

anyways, back on the topic
TriBeCa Film Festival is about to be rather splendid, just off the strength that it's being OPENED UP with this documentary

I'm from where dudes collect shoes, and argue all day about
Who's the best MC, Biggie, Jay-Z, or Nas?

Yall trippin saying yeezus is bad

It really is that sonic cocaine
Puts u into a musical high that is nothing short of amazing

Chill. There's like 4-5 good songs on that.

That song was terrible regardless :lol:
Only cause Em's verse was already done for months and jay still couldn't write (or "freestyle") a better verse

Em produced it.. It was originally his.. Makes sense his verses would be better

This will be very hard for some of you to admit

he's not a better rapper......But lil Wayne has had a bigger impact overall in hiphop than nas

I can't even....

Jay stans say the most outlandish **** EVER. Up there with Kanye STANS

Actually I dont know which is worse.

When they both get going :x

Imagine a jay-z VS. kanye thread..

Last edited:
I can't even....

As wack as he is now lil Wayne has had a bigger impact than nas, since his hot boys days
Again it might be hard to grasp for old heads but it's really true

Look around Wayne has more influence, who is the biggest female artist signed to? Who is the biggest male artist signed to? Who did a Millie in a week? Again nas is the better rapper Wayne influence was better

Last edited:

That song was terrible regardless :lol:
Only cause Em's verse was already done for months and jay still couldn't write (or "freestyle") a better verse

Em produced it.. It was originally his.. Makes sense his verses would be better

What does that have to do with it though? The Em & Royce version >>> Em & Jay version. Jay had eons to come up with a verse that matched Em's, and still didn't match up to it. Still a great song though.

As wack as he is now lil Wayne has bad a bigger impact than nas, since his hot boys days

[size=huge] THE **** IS YOU TALKING ABOUT B?!?!
DO YOU REALLLY BELIEVE THE WORDS COMING OUTTA YOUR MOUF???

LIL WAYNE AINT DO **** FOR HIP HOP BUT LET BIRDMAN **** HIM IN HIS ***

YOU GOTTA BE ******* KIDDING ME SON. GOT THE NERVE TO SAY LIL WAYNE IS MORE I FLUENTIOAL THAN NAS?!? WHAT HOT HISTORIC ALBUMS HAVE LIL WAYNE DROPPED????
YOU GOT MY BLOOD BOILING RIGHT NOW WITH THOSE FOOLISH STATEMENTS

YOU MUST BE LIKE 15 YEARS OLD :smh: YOU A BABY SON. LEARN YOUR ROOTS [/size]

yea jay put on

N.Y. City, grab a hold and ride with me
Rip the Freeway, shoot through Memphis with money bags
Stop in Philly, order cheese steaks and eat Beans fast
And bring it back up top, remove the fake king of New York
You show off, I count dough off when you sample my voice
I rule you, before, you used to rap like the Fu-Schnickens
Nas designed your Blueprint, who you kidding?
Is he H to the izz-O, M to the izz-O?
For ****zle you phony, the rapping version of Sisqo

Isn't Lil Wayne the reason Drake, Nicki exist?

And I'm farrr from a Lil Wayne fan. Who did Nas put on that's relevant?
#factsonly

Don't even make me mention who Jay put on.
But naw none of these artists have made an impact, giving credit to the person whom is the reason they are who they are.

***** NAS PUT JAYZ ON..IF IT WASNT FOR NAS, JAY WOULDNT BE ****.

EVERYONE THAT LIL WAYNE PUT ON IS RUINING HIP HOP

NAS ALSO PUT ON
CORMEGA
AZ
QUAN
THE BRAVEHARTS

GET OUTTA HERE MAN

Lil Wayne's best album can't even be mentioned in the same breath as illmatic. I get where you're coming from Proposition Joe Proposition Joe but it's kinda like saying lebron had a bigger impact on the NBA then Jerry West

Jerry is the logo. Nas is the logo

As wack as he is now lil Wayne has had a bigger impact than nas, since his hot boys days

Look around Wayne has more influence, who is the biggest female artist signed to? Who is the biggest male artist signed to? Who did a Millie in a week? Again nas is the better rapper Wayne influence was better
While heartedly agree with this one from a factual standpoint

Y'all are judging by best album, take emotion out of it and really think about artist under Wayne, think about every rapper demanding a. verse from him, again he is wack now but his run can't be denied, dude had young boys following his every move and got away with kissing a man on the lips

Last edited:
Lil Wayne's best album can't even be mentioned in the same breath as illmatic. I get where you're coming from Proposition Joe Proposition Joe but it's kinda like saying lebron had a bigger impact on the NBA then Jerry West

Jerry is the logo. Nas is the logo

Please don't slander and embarrass Lebron like that by comparing him to Lil Wa_n_.

Lil Wayne for President
he's on the Rap Mount Rushmore whether you like it or not

I agree, the Rap Mount Rushmore of Embarrassment, headlined by him, Yung Berg, Chingy and Soulja Boy.

Last edited:
Washed up rappers always cling to their most memorable moments.
Kind of reminds of those guys that are always like " yo back in my day I used to do this this and that". " I used to have that that and this, drive this and the third". Like they just can't let it go :lol:

No one cares. It's who you are now that matters most.

This coming from a clear Jay Z stan :lol:

Nas won't need to be trying to keep up at age 70 just like he doesn't have to at 40.

Now respect the best rap album of all time

Back
Top Bottom