NT let’s get sober together

Summer’s over and I think I’m ready to give up the sauce for good. I’m currently on day 2. Don’t believe I’m an alcoholic or addict, but I’m over the hang overs and shameful next days. It’s definitely hard living in such a prevalent drinking culture, but I’m ready to try.

Anybody else in the same boat? Share your stories. Let’s motivate each other.

Shout out to アミーゴ アミーゴ for the inspiration.

I’m on day 4 bro. Let’s get it!

source.gif

I think it’s a process like everything else.

I don’t drink on the weekdays (it makes me exhausted).

Everything we do involves around a drink. Oh let’s grab drinks and watch the game... oh I haven’t seen you in a minute let’s grab a drink.

I’m here to cheer you on fam :nthat:

do beers count? i gave up liquor a long time ago and only drink it on special occasions

I haven't drank since my friends' wedding on cinco de mayo. Not gonna quit drinking since only go out once every 3-4 months and enjoy binge drinking.

I don't think I'm giving up on drinking altogether, but I'm definitely toning it down. Shots especially.

Virtually nothing during the week, just special occasions. My weekdays usually revolve around meal prepping and being active, so that always helps.

Make sure you guys are active!! Get some exercise in there.

If I could go to a store and get edibles then i'd almost never drink. They put me in a happy mood unlike liquor which makes me act like a fool.

I'll share

Day 25 today.
I did 50 two years back

Been mainly into beer. Beer trading or new breweries were my thing. Lots to try our there. Weight went up quite a bit. Never had trouble with the law. Nothing like that. Dropping 3-5 beers after work was the norm. It felt relaxing. About 9 months back, I decided to do weekends only. That helped quite a bit actually. I'd appreciate what I drank when I did it less frequently.

25 days prior, I was back east enjoying the heck out of the beer scene there. I think I went 5-6 beers everyday I was there. The more I drank, it felt like the more I needed to catch the same type of buzz. So a slowdown felt essential. I'm not a crazy drunk so that wasn't an issue.

I didn't think I had health issues but by not drinking, everything has improved.
No longer excessively sweating. My Sweat doesn't have a terrible smell. No longer having bathroom #2 issues. No longer do I need antacids. Sleep has improved. I always felt beer helped me sleep better.
I'm down almost 20 lbs.

It's funny but I'm actually a tad afraid of trying a beer and wanting more. There was always a certain level of buzz I was after. I just want to see how far I can take this. Football and Oktoberfest season will be tough.

Not quitting but definitely toning down and making better financial decisions. I'll say no to a $15 take out meal but I'll cop 2 Patron pints for $40 five minutes later.

I look at the money Ive spent on liquor in the past few years in disgust. Definitely been some great times dont get me wrong, but that money and the money that spent while being drunk couldve been used wayyyyyy better. Im learning man.

Good luck y’all!

Can’t imagine I’ll ever quit but it’s always good to take breaks regularly. Feel fresher after a break for sure.

Only way I imagine I’d quit is if I ever felt like I needed one to get through the day.

If I could go to a store and get edibles then i'd almost never drink. They put me in a happy mood unlike liquor which makes me act like a fool.
I feel you...I'm slowly transitioning from Liquor to the gummies, gets me right with less physical effects or hangovers...Like you said only problem is im living where its hard to get on the regular, but I got a steady connect right now see how long that lasts

Don't really drink like that anymore, just a few times when I go out here and there. I love craft beer and whiskey so I kinda miss it, but not really. The adverse reactions is pretty strong for me as far as raising my blood pressure, headaches, indigestion etc, so easy call.

Back
Top Bottom