NT let’s get sober together

Day 2 no booze...

I downloaded an app awhile ago, hoping to not change the date again this time.

Day off with the girl and trying to figure out what we can do around town that doesn’t involve getting a drink... hmmm

I can’t approve

I smoke, I drink, I’m sappose to stop but I can’t

I only came in here cause, I thought y’all was bouta run down on me lol :rofl:

Day 2 no booze...

I downloaded an app awhile ago, hoping to not change the date again this time.

Day off with the girl and trying to figure out what we can do around town that doesn’t involve getting a drink... hmmm
When you trying make a move but not have a drink is when you really get to thinkin bout how damn near every convenient or reliable option involves alcohol :lol: :smh:

On a random Weds I would say the pool, a musuem/gallery, or shopping

This is where I am at but sometimes I still am like I didn’t even need that

I don’t drink that often but it feels like at least 2-3x a year I do so with no moderation and I’m left feeling like a disaster and ashamed that people I know are upset with me. It’s going on ten years now of me being like “ok I need to cut back” but if I was going to figure out a way to never over drink again I would have figured it out by now.

At this point even if it’s 3 out of 50 times where I do get wasted it’s not worth it. I’d rather just not put myself in that position to **** up and make a fool of myself.

Wino chiming in. Haven't purchased hard alcohol in months (I'll try when out or as a guest). A glass or so couple days a week is amazing.

Beer and hard alcohol are so filling and I felt the need since I recently moved to cleanse some things, those proved to be the two easiest.

I don’t drink that often but it feels like at least 2-3x a year I do so with no moderation and I’m left feeling like a disaster and ashamed that people I know are upset with me. It’s going on ten years now of me being like “ok I need to cut back” but if I was going to figure out a way to never over drink again I would have figured it out by now.

At this point even if it’s 3 out of 50 times where I do get wasted it’s not worth it. I’d rather just not put myself in that position to **** up and make a fool of myself.

Yeah if you go off the rails every time then you shouldn’t drink. But like you said you haven’t figured out how to not drink so yeah

I have a beer or two here and there and call it gravy but maybe a few times a year I get hammers and at least one of those times I hate myself the next day.

The thing is is that I hardly think about drinking. I have never been the type to even have liquor or beer in my house. It is pretty much 100% social environment when I drink

It is complicated as hell.

Yeah if you go off the rails every time then you shouldn’t drink. But like you said you haven’t figured out how to not drink so yeah

I have a beer or two here and there and call it gravy but maybe a few times a year I get hammers and at least one of those times I hate myself the next day.

The thing is is that I hardly think about drinking. I have never been the type to even have liquor or beer in my house. It is pretty much 100% social environment when I drink

It is complicated as hell.

It’s not that I can’t not drink. I’ve been able to go months without drinking. I didn’t have a drink from March to June of this year. My problem though is I don’t know how to go out with my buddies and not try to keep pace with them. We learned to drink in a college binge drinking atmosphere and I’ve never really been able to go half speed when with those guys.

Instead of going out and being like “ok this time I’ll only have x amount of drinks” I’m going to try cutting the drinking out altogether.

8d605023272923d796c2be0b9fe64767.jpg

It’s not that I can’t not drink. I’ve been able to go months without drinking. I didn’t have a drink from March to June of this year. My problem though is I don’t know how to go out with my buddies and not try to keep pace with them. We learned to drink in a college binge drinking atmosphere and I’ve never really been able to go half speed when with those guys.

Instead of going out and being like “ok this time I’ll only have x amount of drinks” I’m going to try cutting the drinking out altogether.

Yeah I got you.

I am similar to some extent it mostly depends on who I am around but the last couple times when people kept pressuring after I said I was done for the night I told em I would start choking them out if they didn’t let it go

Drink once or twice a month if im out for a lit night. Not a fan but fun. Now that im gettn older it gets me a tad aggressive. So i need to chill out with it.

Ended up going to a local board game shop and we are now working on a 1000 piece puzzle.

About 30 mins in she goes, “you know what would make this better? A drink...” lmao

Not to derail, but I never realized how much ppl drink until recently (I'm 29). My homie was telling me he was hitting 2+ beers after work every day on the regular. Another female coworker says she usually has a few glasses of wine when she gets home. Idk, I guess I don't drink nearly as much as I thought I do

I’ve had coworkers tell me they think I don’t drink at all...

I guess that makes me a functioning alcoholic yikes.

I’m sticking to it this time though.

Nah disagree on that. Unless you need a drink to get through the day or they have seen you drunk and still think that...

Yeah the term alcoholic might be thrown around too much.

And yes I agree when you slow down one of the first things you notice without actually trying to is that all people do is drink.

Drink once or twice a month if im out for a lit night. Not a fan but fun. Now that im gettn older it gets me a tad aggressive. So i need to chill out with it.

This started happening to me over my late 20s. I think I had live long enough to have so real life **** and it started to creep out when I was drunk. It wasn’t a fun experience anymore and I didn’t like where my thoughts went so I was like whoa sigh man you need to think about how you are gonna go about this because something clearly needs to be addressed.

I haven’t drank in years.

It get easier and less awkward once you’re used to it. Plus you get to look at all the drunk fools wilding (in a bad way) and be glad you aren’t one like you used to be. :lol:

I can truly say I don’t miss it, it was fun while it lasted but I’m too old to be wilding out like that now. I got no chill when I drink. It’s all or nothing so I gotta go with nothing.

Speaking of realizing how much people drink, if I go to a local pub for just food, and order just an ice tea or coke or something with the meal, I feel like the server will mean mug like , “you ain’t going to get a beer or two”

Back
Top Bottom