NT let’s get sober together

Great thread, I've been through this transition as well.

A couple years ago I got on the canned beverages, Mike's/4 Loko/etc., and it became an everyday thing. I would have one or two damn near every evening/night, started grabbing one on my lunch break as well. And I'm talking about the big cans that are 8% or higher :smh:. I would get two of the 14% Four Lokos if I had a day off the next day.

Obviously, I got tired of the after-effects and made it a weekend only thing, but I would always break during the week and end up grabbing one after work because it had become habitual. So I cut it off completely for 3-4 weeks until the habit was broken and the taste was gone.

For a few months I didn't have a sip of anything until recently I got the taste for liquor again. So now I might have a sip of something at the crib, but that's really it.

The thought of ONE of those 14% Four Lokos makes my head spin now :lol:

I cut back a lot on my drinking when my daughter was born earlier this year.

I drank too much for quite a while. I’ve been trying to limit it to 1-2 days a week, and it’s not out the norm for me to go 2 week stretches without a drink. At some point I’d eventually like to cut it out for good though.

Like mentioned earlier in here, with football being back, Oktoberfest time etc, the holidays around the corner, this is a tough time to avoid temptation, but Ima try to have that discipline and self control.

My local brewery I go to doesn’t charge me for beers and if they do, it’s a $3 tab at most, so that has been an enabler for me, but I’m getting better at self control and managing how much I sip.

Great thread, I've been through this transition as well.

A couple years ago I got on the canned beverages, Mike's/4 Loko/etc., and it became an everyday thing. I would have one or two damn near every evening/night, started grabbing one on my lunch break as well. And I'm talking about the big cans that are 8% or higher :smh:. I would get two of the 14% Four Lokos if I had a day off the next day.

Obviously, I got tired of the after-effects and made it a weekend only thing, but I would always break during the week and end up grabbing one after work because it had become habitual. So I cut it off completely for 3-4 weeks until the habit was broken and the taste was gone.

For a few months I didn't have a sip of anything until recently I got the taste for liquor again. So now I might have a sip of something at the crib, but that's really it.

The thought of ONE of those 14% Four Lokos makes my head spin now :lol:
I used to be on those Lokos back in the day too :lol:. I’d drink two of those bad boys before I’d go into work :lol::smh:

I used to be on those Lokos back in the day too :lol:. I’d drink two of those bad boys before I’d go into work :lol::smh:
I didn't want to admit it, but if I was going in on a later shift, I grabbed something on occasion :lol:

My go tos were Mike's Mango Lemonade (8%), 4 Loko Bartender Series Pink Scorpion and Purple Hooter (10%), the blue and purple 12% 4 Loko, and the green apple 14%.

I don't know where you live, but where I live, in the south, these are available at every single gas station food mart, so there was an added element of convenience.

I honestly don't miss the booze at all. I drank my *** off in my younger years during college and for a handful of years post college. Now I drink a good 2-3 times/year, if that. Generally it’s when I clique up with the homies from back home or when I go out, so essentially never. :lol:

It wasn’t ever a conscious decision though—just kinda transitioned to a different space I guess. The best part is now I get juiced pretty easily even though in my mind I think I can still go as hard as I used to lol.

Glad to see NT maturing though. Come get your old man on. #washed

Dope to see I’m not the only one with a problem

This is a weird way of putting it :lol:

I have one here and there. Never more than one unless I'm going out to get f'd up and even then it's few and far in between. Weddings, etc.

In my early 30s now. I've been toning it down for years now mainly because of hangovers. Hangovers are never worth it for me. Never! And the older you get, the worse they become. Takes me the whole day to recover

I drink a glass of wine every night and I'll get drinks when I go out but I hardly ever overdo it. I don't really turn up or even go out that often so I'm mostly good.

I still enjoy the feeling of a good buzz. There's that sweet spot that will not have you feeling like crap the next day.

Turned 30 this year and have definitely cut my drinking down a lot over the past year or so. I also workout out a lot now, been in the routine of waking up at 5am and going to the gym before work. Haven't felt this good in how don't know how long.

Considering giving up alcohol all together but for now I'm good with just cutting back.

For those that are serious, check out Allen Carr's book on giving up alcohol. I haven't read it yet but I read his book on smoking about 8 years ago and never had a cigarette again.

I can go every day in a week drinking or I can go a month without drinking. For me it isn’t hard at all to leave alone.

...the gas though smh. I cut back from like a 3.5 a day to a gram a day.

Turned 30 this year and have definitely cut my drinking down a lot over the past year or so. I also workout out a lot now, been in the routine of waking up at 5am and going to the gym before work. Haven't felt this good in how don't know how long.

Considering giving up alcohol all together but for now I'm good with just cutting back.

For those that are serious, check out Allen Carr's book on giving up alcohol. I haven't read it yet but I read his book on smoking about 8 years ago and never had a cigarette again.

What’s an Allen Carr book typically cover

What’s an Allen Carr book typically cover

It's been a long time since I read the smoking one but it was fairly short and a very easy read. Talked a lot about not using the "willpower" method to stop smoking. He tells you to keep smoking as you read the book and made it easy to understand why I felt like I was "hooked". Worked well for me and I know quite a few others who have read it and it worked for them.

If weed was legal and my job didnt test I could easily give up drinking lol for those that have given it up 100% congrats.

As I get older, I need my mind sharper than it's every been and my health as strong as it can be. Anything not pushing me in the direction gotta go. Been dry since March.

This is it. When you realize how day-to-day life is (even when it is good) and that thing that will eventually come and save you isn’t actually coming at all you have to take responsibility in the moment and start cutting things out.

Good luck on the journey.

I’ve toned down drinking for other reasons. Going out, I’ll probably get one cocktail or a glass of wine, but I honestly don’t care to spend that much knowing that I won’t get drunk.

I’ll drink if I’m hosting at home or attending a kickback. Even then, it’s probably at most 2-3 just to feel a buzz.

Good luck on the journey.

I’ve toned down drinking for other reasons. Going out, I’ll probably get one cocktail or a glass of wine, but I honestly don’t care to spend that much knowing that I won’t get drunk.

I’ll drink if I’m hosting at home or attending a kickback. Even then, it’s probably at most 2-3 just to feel a buzz.

This is where I am at but sometimes I still am like I didn’t even need that

Say what.

Yep. I’m a fairly productive stoner though.

So this is where all your theories come from
F1F05459-CFDE-4CE7-B4B4-E54D3313C6CE.gif

Back
Top Bottom