NT, let's keep it real, how do you feel about MvC3?

10 years of demand, waiting, hype... Do you think it lived up to the wait and hype? Do you think it was a disappointment? Are you still on it? What do you think? Discuss.
Me, personally. I enjoyed it at first, but after a while, it started getting boring and stale. Disappointing roster. Gameplay was gimmicky. I gave it a chance. A lot, actually. But after a while, I think I'm done with MvC3. I think I'm gonna just go to Street Fighter, King of Fighters, BlazBlue, Arcana Heart, and maybe Mortal Kombat. I said this since release date and I'll say it again, MvC2 > MvC3. If they had just kept it almost the same as MvC2 with a more updated roster or something then it would've been great. Otherwise,
grin.gif

10 years of demand, waiting, hype... Do you think it lived up to the wait and hype? Do you think it was a disappointment? Are you still on it? What do you think? Discuss.
Me, personally. I enjoyed it at first, but after a while, it started getting boring and stale. Disappointing roster. Gameplay was gimmicky. I gave it a chance. A lot, actually. But after a while, I think I'm done with MvC3. I think I'm gonna just go to Street Fighter, King of Fighters, BlazBlue, Arcana Heart, and maybe Mortal Kombat. I said this since release date and I'll say it again, MvC2 > MvC3. If they had just kept it almost the same as MvC2 with a more updated roster or something then it would've been great. Otherwise,
grin.gif

Still spend hours on hours on hours playing with my boys online. Not really compelled to see all the arcade endings.

Hate the lack of spectator mode, so we usually just separate and play one on ones and switch up from time to time

Can't wait to get MK IV though

i have more fun playing my peoples on my x-arcade naomi board marvel vs capcom 2 truthfully.

i have more fun playing my peoples on my x-arcade naomi board marvel vs capcom 2 truthfully.

Still spend hours on hours on hours playing with my boys online. Not really compelled to see all the arcade endings.

Hate the lack of spectator mode, so we usually just separate and play one on ones and switch up from time to time

Can't wait to get MK IV though

Easier to get into than MvC2 and I love it, but I was terrible at MvC2. While I do miss some of the characters from MvC2, I've always been a fan of balanced fighters versus tons of characters for the sake of having them. I feel like MvC3 is more balanced though already with a smaller roster there are characters I avoid.

I always tell my friends that MvC2 is the equivalent to Halo 2/SSB: Melee & MvC3 is the equivalent to Halo 3/SSB: Brawl. The second iteration is a much better game than the original and is extremely fine tuned and just built for competitive play. The third game comes around and instead of tweaking everything that made the second game better, they go back to the basics and dumb things down for the sake of appealing to a wider audience.

Btw, I was really, really good at Melee & Halo 2 so naturally I disliked all the changes and the dumbing down of the following games. But I wasn't good at MvC2 and like MvC3 because it made a bat$^ crazy game more accessible to players who otherwise wouldn't be able to put in the time to truly excel at the game. Take that for what its worth.

Easier to get into than MvC2 and I love it, but I was terrible at MvC2. While I do miss some of the characters from MvC2, I've always been a fan of balanced fighters versus tons of characters for the sake of having them. I feel like MvC3 is more balanced though already with a smaller roster there are characters I avoid.

I always tell my friends that MvC2 is the equivalent to Halo 2/SSB: Melee & MvC3 is the equivalent to Halo 3/SSB: Brawl. The second iteration is a much better game than the original and is extremely fine tuned and just built for competitive play. The third game comes around and instead of tweaking everything that made the second game better, they go back to the basics and dumb things down for the sake of appealing to a wider audience.

Btw, I was really, really good at Melee & Halo 2 so naturally I disliked all the changes and the dumbing down of the following games. But I wasn't good at MvC2 and like MvC3 because it made a bat$^ crazy game more accessible to players who otherwise wouldn't be able to put in the time to truly excel at the game. Take that for what its worth.

There's no way this game could've lived up to the hype created by it, but after the hype wore off after a few times playing it, you can really tell there still should've been more.  And that's not just MK 9 hype talking. I think the way they're handling that game is the way they should've handled MvC3.

There's no way this game could've lived up to the hype created by it, but after the hype wore off after a few times playing it, you can really tell there still should've been more.  And that's not just MK 9 hype talking. I think the way they're handling that game is the way they should've handled MvC3.

i enjoyed messing around in trials/training mode and playing locally with some friends. the core game is pretty fun to mess around with. 

but the (lack of) online mode killed this game for me. it takes me a lot of tries to find ranked matches, and when i do - they're unplayable. not nitpicking OMG THERES 2 FRAMES OF INPUT LAG unplayable, but 'i can't believe i paid for this' unplayable.

i don't even need to go into the card humping. 

adding insult to injury, capcom expects me to buy these stupid AI shadow mode packs. not only should those be free, but it's like man, i just want to play other people, real people, online under playable conditions. 

i haven't been able to play enough human opponents to reach the I HATE X FACTOR AND DARK PHOENIX level of rage though, so the broken online mode is the only gripe i have with it. 
ohwell.gif

by the way, amazon is giving $27.50 trade in credit for this right now.

i enjoyed messing around in trials/training mode and playing locally with some friends. the core game is pretty fun to mess around with. 

but the (lack of) online mode killed this game for me. it takes me a lot of tries to find ranked matches, and when i do - they're unplayable. not nitpicking OMG THERES 2 FRAMES OF INPUT LAG unplayable, but 'i can't believe i paid for this' unplayable.

i don't even need to go into the card humping. 

adding insult to injury, capcom expects me to buy these stupid AI shadow mode packs. not only should those be free, but it's like man, i just want to play other people, real people, online under playable conditions. 

i haven't been able to play enough human opponents to reach the I HATE X FACTOR AND DARK PHOENIX level of rage though, so the broken online mode is the only gripe i have with it. 
ohwell.gif

by the way, amazon is giving $27.50 trade in credit for this right now.

Great game. Exactly what I expected it to be.. Controlled chaos with a decent amount of creativity left to the player. Top tier is more diverse than the last one.

I guess the only thing I dont like is the "waiting" when caught in a combo. With all the relaunches it's like "ok..hurry up.." Not the biggest fan of X-factor but eh..

I really appreciate how they brought out every character's full potential with respect to the actual character's abilities. Of course you will always have your bad match-ups but every character is truly nasty if you put in the time. Not to mention the huge emphasis on having a TEAM

I cant speak from a MvC2 -> MvC3 standpoint because I didn't play it anywhere near competitively or seriously but I did enjoy it for what it was at face value..

Great game. Exactly what I expected it to be.. Controlled chaos with a decent amount of creativity left to the player. Top tier is more diverse than the last one.

I guess the only thing I dont like is the "waiting" when caught in a combo. With all the relaunches it's like "ok..hurry up.." Not the biggest fan of X-factor but eh..

I really appreciate how they brought out every character's full potential with respect to the actual character's abilities. Of course you will always have your bad match-ups but every character is truly nasty if you put in the time. Not to mention the huge emphasis on having a TEAM

I cant speak from a MvC2 -> MvC3 standpoint because I didn't play it anywhere near competitively or seriously but I did enjoy it for what it was at face value..

Back
Top Bottom