NT, let's keep it real, how do you feel about MvC3?

Originally Posted by jae oh en

i enjoyed messing around in trials/training mode and playing locally with some friends. the core game is pretty fun to mess around with. 

but the (lack of) online mode killed this game for me. it takes me a lot of tries to find ranked matches, and when i do - they're unplayable. not nitpicking OMG THERES 2 FRAMES OF INPUT LAG unplayable, but 'i can't believe i paid for this' unplayable.

i don't even need to go into the card humping. 

adding insult to injury, capcom expects me to buy these stupid AI shadow mode packs. not only should those be free, but it's like man, i just want to play other people...online. 

i haven't been able to play enough human opponents to reach the I HATE X FACTOR AND DARK PHOENIX level of rage though, so the broken online mode is the only gripe i have with it. 
ohwell.gif

by the way, amazon is giving $27.50 trade in credit for this right now.
honestly, both Street Fighter IV & Super Street Fighter IV required many attempts to find a match for me. SSFIV gets a  pass because there is a spectator mode but SFIV had a much better tournament system IMO. The lag in match just felt non existent which it CLEARLY is there in MvC3. I've had 3 matches where I was in for a good 5 mins and the countdown only went to 87 secs 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
. Capcom needs to step up their online functionality (there is no reason why I should be kicked to the online main menu if I can't find a match. How hard is it to create a retry button?) because as of now, I feel SSFIV on 3DS provides the most superior online experience of those 4 games.

i enjoyed messing around in trials/training mode and playing locally with some friends. the core game is pretty fun to mess around with. 

but the (lack of) online mode killed this game for me. it takes me a lot of tries to find ranked matches, and when i do - they're unplayable. not nitpicking OMG THERES 2 FRAMES OF INPUT LAG unplayable, but 'i can't believe i paid for this' unplayable.

i don't even need to go into the card humping. 

adding insult to injury, capcom expects me to buy these stupid AI shadow mode packs. not only should those be free, but it's like man, i just want to play other people...online. 

i haven't been able to play enough human opponents to reach the I HATE X FACTOR AND DARK PHOENIX level of rage though, so the broken online mode is the only gripe i have with it. 
ohwell.gif

by the way, amazon is giving $27.50 trade in credit for this right now.
honestly, both Street Fighter IV & Super Street Fighter IV required many attempts to find a match for me. SSFIV gets a  pass because there is a spectator mode but SFIV had a much better tournament system IMO. The lag in match just felt non existent which it CLEARLY is there in MvC3. I've had 3 matches where I was in for a good 5 mins and the countdown only went to 87 secs 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
. Capcom needs to step up their online functionality (there is no reason why I should be kicked to the online main menu if I can't find a match. How hard is it to create a retry button?) because as of now, I feel SSFIV on 3DS provides the most superior online experience of those 4 games.

It's ok. I think it's half ___ though. It took 10 years for this? No spectator mode, and almost every game takes 2+ tried to connect to a game.

What I probably hate the most is the roster. There really aren't any characters who I like besides phoenix, morgan, hsien ko, thor, and storm. I thought they could have put a lot more characters in it.

It's ok. I think it's half ___ though. It took 10 years for this? No spectator mode, and almost every game takes 2+ tried to connect to a game.

What I probably hate the most is the roster. There really aren't any characters who I like besides phoenix, morgan, hsien ko, thor, and storm. I thought they could have put a lot more characters in it.

I like it but keepin it real

MvC2>3

there are characters in this game that shouldnt be
MODOK
and some others

no spectator mode -_-

no game modes -_- (dont even bring up shadowmode)

messing up Jill -_-

and i have almost 100 hours and this game and I still hate X factor, its a lame excuse for people making comebacks
in MvC2 making a comeback was epic, not anymore

I like it but keepin it real

MvC2>3

there are characters in this game that shouldnt be
MODOK
and some others

no spectator mode -_-

no game modes -_- (dont even bring up shadowmode)

messing up Jill -_-

and i have almost 100 hours and this game and I still hate X factor, its a lame excuse for people making comebacks
in MvC2 making a comeback was epic, not anymore

I'm highly disappointed. I spent so much money as a child at the arcade getting good at MvC2 then this comes out and its like it was all for nothing. I hate that they made the game so simple. 3 attacks and an air combo button? Sorry not for me.

I'm highly disappointed. I spent so much money as a child at the arcade getting good at MvC2 then this comes out and its like it was all for nothing. I hate that they made the game so simple. 3 attacks and an air combo button? Sorry not for me.

It was great at first then came the sentinel and Dante"s crazy combos it's ridicules... I play it no longer than a hour phoenix, ameratsue, haggard
pimp.gif
it's cheap though that we have to wait nearly two months fOr some lame charecters

It was great at first then came the sentinel and Dante"s crazy combos it's ridicules... I play it no longer than a hour phoenix, ameratsue, haggard
pimp.gif
it's cheap though that we have to wait nearly two months fOr some lame charecters

i still enjoy the game, but mvc2 was crack. team clockw0rk (mvc2) took years to get perfected tho, so i'm still rocking marvel 3. so many more usable characters, and it has almost half as much as 2 did.

i still enjoy the game, but mvc2 was crack. team clockw0rk (mvc2) took years to get perfected tho, so i'm still rocking marvel 3. so many more usable characters, and it has almost half as much as 2 did.

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

(there is no reason why I should be kicked to the online main menu if I can't find a match. How hard is it to create a retry button?) 

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
 forgot about that. 

and cosign on SF4. i haven't played ranked in a while so it slipped my mind, but you're right, the ranked mode gives that connection error pretty frequently too. 

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

(there is no reason why I should be kicked to the online main menu if I can't find a match. How hard is it to create a retry button?) 

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
 forgot about that. 

and cosign on SF4. i haven't played ranked in a while so it slipped my mind, but you're right, the ranked mode gives that connection error pretty frequently too. 

Originally Posted by OG XXs

i hate that game cant stand it

qft. in all honesty i dont suck at the game but i do really hate it. its so cheap, level 3 x factor. unbreakable air combos. sentinel. dr dooms hidden missiles. it feels as if they dumbed down the game some so anyone can pick it up. anyways i still play it casually.

Originally Posted by OG XXs

i hate that game cant stand it

qft. in all honesty i dont suck at the game but i do really hate it. its so cheap, level 3 x factor. unbreakable air combos. sentinel. dr dooms hidden missiles. it feels as if they dumbed down the game some so anyone can pick it up. anyways i still play it casually.

Son I think they should come out with games more often. There is no way you can meet expectations after ten years of anticipation and hype.

Son I think they should come out with games more often. There is no way you can meet expectations after ten years of anticipation and hype.

Originally Posted by Bozo7000

the fact that theres no spectator mode 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
 i hate waiting in the lobbies. and 2+ tried connections?? for me its more like an average of 5 connections. some of the characters are sooo cheap imo. ameratsu, sentinel, and some characters are just so useless, maybe for a good assist but they cannot stand a chance to certain characters one on one. 

Originally Posted by Bozo7000

the fact that theres no spectator mode 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
 i hate waiting in the lobbies. and 2+ tried connections?? for me its more like an average of 5 connections. some of the characters are sooo cheap imo. ameratsu, sentinel, and some characters are just so useless, maybe for a good assist but they cannot stand a chance to certain characters one on one. 

Back
Top Bottom