NT- need help with a female situation for friday (New) PICS

i'll start with the cliff notes:

dated girl for about 2 months, last week she says "lets just be friends," this Friday she's my date for a formal event for school. I want her back- what should I do/avoid doing? I was thinking no flowers & just keep it cool & non-chalant, just "catch up" at dinner & then hang out w/ friends while out, but not be overly chatty/flirty w/ other women.

a little background info:
she had a guy (long distance) while we were together. i thought things were going well until last week she said that i "didn't know how to handle her." I told her next day that she had to choose between the two of us by 2/14 (i then got rid of the deadline, & she said "good, that was too cliche. i am still getting to know you"). When she said "lets just be friends," it was via email, and she texted later that night that we should get together & talk once we collect our thoughts. i sit next to her in class 4 days a week (can't change seats now either), but we haven't had the chance to have that conversation (just friendly banter). she asked me to have dinner last night, but i had gone home for the day. she still texts me a lot (slightly more flirtatious this week then last), but i feel like i am slipping into the friend/dead zone.

i'm not terribly concerned about the other guy (she sees him infrequently, although i imagine she'll now be seeing him next weekend for valentines day), and yes NT, I've caught feelings (I know, I've already lost). She doesn't have many friends at school (has good friends from high school/college), and has just moved out of her parents' home to a new condo by herself (she wanted to have dinner at the condo last night). We're in law school (yes, i know i'm in law school & i can't figure this out). I was thinking of making myself scarce for a bit, but my main concern is that if I do, she'll just close the door and square things up with the other guy.  Also, I haven't made it clear to her that I'd be okay w/ playing #2 (I just recently decided this) & that I'm not going to be satisfied with just being friends (but I don't want to do this on Friday).

So, NT- On Friday, she & I are going to dinner (just us), and then to the event. What should I do/not do Friday & moving forward from there.

EDIT- yes, I know its a bleak situation, i should just take the L, & i have other options, but for arguments sake, what would you do?
& yes, I've posted this pic before.

(she's on the right)

08515ee76a025b273cc93d9b537133490813d8b.pjpg

2vwyz9d.jpg

hx530y.jpg

She had a guy long distance? You mean she already had a boyfriend when y'all got together?

Okay, I just read the law school part, so I will try to help. It seems like she's just using you for company and an ego boost while the guy she really likes is not there. You told her to make a choice, and she didn't choose you. That should tell you all you need to know. You should not be her lap dog by going to that event with her and accepting her crumbs.

I know how it is when things don't work out in law school. It's such a small community that you have to be around the other person.  Are you a 1L?

have you already made a thread about her before?  Could've sworn I seen that pic posted here before.

she said that i "didn't know how to handle her."
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Some other guy is ravaging her box[/color]

"lets just be friends,"
indifferent.gif

she still texts me a lot (slightly more flirtatious this week then last), but i feel like i am slipping into the friend/dead zone.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Slowly but surely.
[/color]
I was thinking of making myself scarce for a bit
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Should've did that right after she said "Lets just be friends" [/color]
smh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Anyway, in my opinion, this chick is toying around with you. Dead it now before it goes any further. [/color]
tired.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Also, by the sound of it, doesn't seem like you have options... update that contact list my man. Should never let a chick mess with you like that.. and you're seriously willing to play bf  #2? The hell is wrong with you? [/color]
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Frische Produkte

she said that i "didn't know how to handle her."
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Some other guy is ravaging her box[/color]

"lets just be friends,"
indifferent.gif

she still texts me a lot (slightly more flirtatious this week then last), but i feel like i am slipping into the friend/dead zone.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Slowly but surely.
[/color]
I was thinking of making myself scarce for a bit
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Should've did that right after she said "Lets just be friends" [/color]
smh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Anyway, in my opinion, this chick is toying around with you. Dead it now before it goes any further. [/color]
tired.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Also, by the sound of it, doesn't seem like you have options... update that contact list my man. Should never let a chick mess with you like that.. and you're seriously willing to play bf  #2? The hell is wrong with you? [/color]
laugh.gif

Welcome back, famo. 
pimp.gif

You cant make her choose... girls hate that

BUT....

You cant let her have her way either...

Meaning dont let her run you by saying shes not gonna pick

You gotta make her pick between both of you but dont put a deadline on it

Its gotta be soon but not asap... sudden but not direct... feel me?

As far as what to do now... you gotta talk to her fam... see where her mind is at...
If she seems like shes not sure DONT force her into a decision cuz she will choose the other dude.
Let her make the decision on her on WHILE establishing your position.
Make sure you let her know your not about to take the back seat while the other ridin shotgun.
But like i said you gotta give her the vibe that your not taking that back seat without actually saying it.
Its gotta be indirect otherwise like i said... if you make her choose she will get confused and choose the other guy.

So sum it up:
For friday, talk to her...
Have the convo your were suppose to have yesterday.
See where her head is at and go from there.

Edit:
And actually what dude up here said aint bad either^
Start looking elsewhere
Try n beat before you are in the friend zone.
Then dead it.

Originally Posted by Regal Black

have you already made a thread about her before?  Could've sworn I seen that pic posted here before.

Beat me to it.

Have you guys been intimate with each other? A kiss, sex, whatever? If there is any kind of sexual tension between you, just kiss her. Create an opportunity, and kiss her. It's the quickest way to solving this problem. I'm not sure that this situation calls for whipping it out.

I think you messed up not having that talk. That was the platform to tell her how you feel.

I say: have the dinner, make her laugh, charm the pants off her. Go to the function, couple minutes in "this isn't have as fun as the time we were having, let's dip"
Take her someplace
eek.gif
pimp.gif
that would have meaning to her.

Should've went for the dinner the other night fam
smh.gif

Seriously, seems like she has u on a string....you're getting friendzone'd slowly but surely.

See how it goes during the event and go from there....DONT GET YOUR HOPES UP though.

She's a very mediocre looking girl. Seriously, sounds to me like you need to move on. Better options out there.

ok, got some new pics.
i liked idea of creating opportunity for kiss & see how that goes

i think i'll avoid the "talk" unless she brings it up explicity so that i can set up kiss opportunity later on in evening

No flowers though, correct? it's like a prom, but i was thinking no

Originally Posted by WJG23G

ok, got some new pics.
i liked idea of creating opportunity for kiss & see how that goes

i think i'll avoid the "talk" unless she brings it up explicity so that i can set up kiss opportunity later on in evening

No flowers though, correct? it's like a prom, but i was thinking no
tired.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] I feel bad for you. You seem like a very soft dude (no offense).. It's evident she's in control of this "thing" between you guys and probably has some sort of control over you as well (though you probably won't admit it). Good luck man.[/color]

Why would you be cool with playing second fiddle to the next man? You gotta dead your feelings for this chick and just keep this kosher. If not, you're gonna be in for a lot of stress from the mind games (if you're not already).

Originally Posted by WJG23G

i'm not terribly concerned about the other guy (she sees him infrequently, although i imagine she'll now be seeing him next weekend for valentines day), and yes NT, I've caught feelings (I know, I've already lost). She doesn't have many friends at school (has good friends from high school/college), and has just moved out of her parents' home to a new condo by herself (she wanted to have dinner at the condo last night). We're in law school (yes, i know i'm in law school & i can't figure this out). I was thinking of making myself scarce for a bit, but my main concern is that if I do, she'll just close the door and square things up with the other guy.  Also, I haven't made it clear to her that I'd be okay w/ playing #2 (I just recently decided this) & that I'm not going to be satisfied with just being friends (but I don't want to do this on Friday). 
I think you've got it figured out sir.

Go eat I guess, if she's cooking.  She's just not that into bro, or she's playing games, either way it isn't worth it.

Chick in the middle is bad tho

Back
Top Bottom