NT Rock Music Thread

never said that, just asked a question. a lot of the songs/bands u post have introverted vibes to them.
So basically 95 percent of indie music in the 80’s and 90’s. Surly you don’t think people that post hard rap songs actually life that life

Last edited:
1. So basically 95 percent of indie music in the 80’s and 90’s. 2. Surly you don’t think people that post hard rap songs actually life that life
1. Yes, that's why it's "indie".

2. Depends on who the artist is. I never meet anyone who listened to Boosie that wasn't at least indirectly associated w/ the things he rapped about.

1. Yes, that's why it's "indie".

2. Depends on who the artist is. I never meet anyone who listened to Boosie that wasn't at least indirectly associated w/ the things he rapped about.

you need to get out more. Plenty of people that listen to Boosie that never did any street stuff. I like his earlier stuff and I never did any of that. Point is you don’t need to relate to enjoy.

you need to get out more. Plenty of people that listen to Boosie that never did any street stuff. I like his earlier stuff and I never did any of that. Point is you don’t need to relate to enjoy.
I used the term "indirectly" specifically for you. There is a reason things like marketing exist. There is w/o a doubt a standard look & pov (at least on a surface) level for particular genres & artist. Metal heads for example have tendency to be quiet & wear dark ****. I see them rep the band(s) they like more than anyone other music fans.

been on a smashing pumpkins worm hole the past 2 weeks. i know they ran a part of the 90s but even then i still think the band is criminally underrated. we know the hits. some of my favorite not so known songs.

No. They had 4 hit albums going diamond once and then fizzled away at the turn of the century. Their stuff since then hasn't been great.

im aware of that i just think the drama between them sort of blinded people from fully appreciating them. if that makes sense. their accolades speak for themselves. my post is directed more as how history remembers them.

im aware of that i just think the drama between them sort of blinded people from fully appreciating them. if that makes sense. their accolades speak for themselves. my post is directed more as how history remembers them.
Widely regarded as one of the best and most Influential bands of that time period by everyone. They get their deserved props for that as well as deserved hate for 20 years of bad to meh projects

Widely regarded as one of the best and most Influential bands of that time period by everyone. They get their deserved props for that as well as deserved hate for 20 years of bad to meh projects

absolutely agree. i still think the drama and issues pegs them down a notch in most peoples eyes even with all those accolades.

absolutely agree. i still think the drama and issues pegs them down a notch in most peoples eyes even with all those accolades.
20 years of not putting out a good project made them irrelevant. But they are not underrated by any means. They wouldn’t even cross my mind thinking of underrated bands.

been on a smashing pumpkins worm hole the past 2 weeks. i know they ran a part of the 90s but even then i still think the band is criminally underrated. we know the hits. some of my favorite not so known songs.

SP is my favorite band of all time, in my mind they broke up and stop making music after Adore. My favorite song of their’s that didn’t make an album is Drown.

Reactions: sb
Back
Top Bottom