NT Rock Music Thread

I’ve never heard a Cure song I didn’t like. Even a good amount of their albums on my computer, but something about their songs makes me feel kinda sad.

I’ve never heard a Cure song I didn’t like. Even a good amount of their albums on my computer, but something about their songs makes me feel kinda sad.
do you think Wild Nothing sounds like The Cure? the vocals don't but ppl said they're similar musically

his 1st coupla albums are sooo good, he still puts out good songs but it's just not the same as his stuff 2010-2012. ppl said Diiv was derivative from/of The Cure too:

song is basically an instrumental but I think ppl said it's 1 of theirs that sounds like The Cure :Kanyeshurg . their 1st album is another early 2010's banger, I feel like a lot of bands/artists/acts from that era went a bit flat like around 2015-2016 to present day. Craft Spells are another that had kind of a The Cure sound or maybe New Order, not sure really but their 1st album was good. 2nd is OK but sounds different. 2010-2012 was an interesting time, technology was clearly changing the way we live/communicate/consume, Fukushima, Libya, the economy still sucked + the world was supposed to end in 2012. weather started getting really hot summer 2012 in my neck of da woods too, I think that was the hottest summer on record around here up to that point. anyways good new music in those times.

do you think Wild Nothing sounds like The Cure? the vocals don't but ppl said they're similar musically

his 1st coupla albums are sooo good, he still puts out good songs but it's just not the same as his stuff 2010-2012. ppl said Diiv was derivative from/of The Cure too:

song is basically an instrumental but I think ppl said it's 1 of theirs that sounds like The Cure :Kanyeshurg . their 1st album is another early 2010's banger, I feel like a lot of bands/artists/acts from that era went a bit flat like around 2015-2016 to present day. Craft Spells are another that had kind of a The Cure sound or maybe New Order, not sure really but their 1st album was good. 2nd is OK but sounds different. 2010-2012 was an interesting time, technology was clearly changing the way we live/communicate/consume, Fukushima, Libya, the economy still sucked + the world was supposed to end in 2012. weather started getting really hot summer 2012 in my neck of da woods too, I think that was the hottest summer on record around here up to that point. anyways good new music in those times.

I don't hear The Cure per say, but I do see how the Cure may have influenced these tunes. I noticed that a lot of rock albums in the 10's had "I made this in my bedroom" vibes, and dealt w/ a lot of reverb & elements of noise rock & shoegaze. The Cure even til this day has a strange sound that is pretty hard replicate. Robert Smith this way w/ making his vocals sound close and at the same time very far away. At least to me.

That "Gemini" song you posted reminds me more of SOnic Youth than anything else I can think of at the moment. Yeah I hear Sonic Youth b4 I hear The Cure in regards to those sngs you posted.

Wolf-Alice-Blue-Weekend-art.jpg

Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

Probably my album of the year thus far

revisited the latest pumpkin release, too much filler material. a double album was too ambitious. they should of focused on making 12 or 13 great songs to start the engine back up.

Back
Top Bottom